test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you planning to buy the anniversary bundle?

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
I know there are already a couple of polls, so sorry for 'pollverload'. However the other polls are asking rather specific questions(which is fine, of course) but I am more interested in the 'big question' of whether you are actually buying or not. There was a similar poll on reddit which got quite a few responses, so I'm also curious to see how the forums compare to the results of the reddit poll.

And obviously, feel free to explain. Thanks for your feedback :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Are you planning to buy the anniversary bundle? 92 votes

Yes
9%
foxrockssockswilliamknight50salazarrazeashgrey77xdarkbladejkcbrjwrrtvirxveeger#9876kidinthehall#2744 9 votes
No
90%
grayflashhostagekittyikonn#1068coldnapalmes5001daboholicgaevsmanprotoneoustherealblackkaosszerontzurcrypticarmsmanreyan01spielman1pottsey5gquesteriusarabaturwestx211seaofsorrowscirran1captiannemo117 83 votes

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    No
    Too bad a deal. For what they are asking I would want better ships. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    No
    If they offer a version without all the junk in it, or if they reduce the price by about 5k zen I might grab it.

In its current state its a firm no from me.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    No
    Too bad a deal. For what they are asking I would want better ships. :)
    westx211 wrote: »
    If they offer a version without all the junk in it, or if they reduce the price by about 5k zen I might grab it.

In its current state its a firm no from me.

I agree with these evaluations.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    No
    1. Don't care for the extra bloatware, no interest in the lobi either
    2. Already own the ships in there of interest, don't care about obsoleting that with 'legendary' replacements, especially so shortly after T6 was already made old with experimental upgrades
    3. Don't care for the excelsior, I would never fly it, counts as bloat personally
    4. L-B'Rel not properly upgraded to 5/1 weapons, L-T'Liss got upgraded weapons, so did L-Gal-X, why can't this
    5. Already at ship overload really
    6. No L-D7
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    No
    No.

Definitely NOT worth what they are charging, even with the "discount".

Plus UNLIKE last year; they aren't offering the same type of choice. Last year you had TWO Bundles - one with JUST the 10 ships (for a lower price); and a second higher priced version with the 10 ships AND a bunch of add-on TRIBBLE.

This year we just get one (IMO) outrageously priced bundle with a bunch of add-on TRIBBLE that I daresay most don't find to be worth it.

Where's the "just the 4 ships" option for this 11th Anniversary Bundle?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    No
    I don't want the fed ships, I don't want the pile of junk. I am interested in the KDF ships.
  • kidinthehall#2744 kidinthehall Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Yes
    My fiance is supposed to get it for me for my Birthday tomorrow but I'm just not sure anymore. It will depend on if there's a Zen sale that can help bring the actual money spent on it down otherwise I'm think of just getting a Logitech G29 and see if Cryptic ever breaks the pack up.

I love supporting STO but I do want value for my money or even someone else's money.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    No
    My fiance is supposed to get it for me for my Birthday tomorrow but I'm just not sure anymore. It will depend on if there's a Zen sale that can help bring the actual money spent on it down otherwise I'm think of just getting a Logitech G29 and see if Cryptic ever breaks the pack up.

I live supporting STO but I do want value for my money or even someone else's money.

Hey, I guess I would "take it" too if someone were giving it to me :p

If you do wind up getting it, hope you enjoy :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    No
    I bought the original Legendary pack, I have no regrets. I also bought the T'Liss, cos I've always loved the ship. I would have been tempted by this if it had been a better representation of the Year of the Klingon.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    No
    Too expensive.. not complaining about the ships, just the price.. too much for too little, lower the price, and we may have a deal..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    No
    No.
    So now we are calling T7 a "Legendary" ship.

T5>T5U>T6> Legendary?

IMO same ship as T5 that used to cost 1000 Zen. Then copy/paste new skin and add simple flares and called "Legendary" and ask for 1 gazillion Zen.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    No
    No. Way too expensive for too little actual value.

Although I personally am only interested in single ships or thematic bundles of single ships paired with a bridge and uniform or similiar. But not a big bundle of random junk for moon prices.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    No
    poddli wrote: »
    I bought the original Legendary pack, I have no regrets. I also bought the T'Liss, cos I've always loved the ship. I would have been tempted by this if it had been a better representation of the Year of the Klingon.

Yeah, I bought the T'liss too. I know a lot of folks thought that was overpriced, but my perspective was it was an account wide unlock of what was basically a promo pack ship (a T6 T'liss). Considering promo pack ships typically equate to around $200 if you convert zen to EC (by buying and selling keys) and they are only a SINGLE character unlock, getting an account wide T'liss for...what was it...$120? seemed like a good deal to me.

But yeah. This pack had nothing like what I described above. All of the ships in this pack were already available in the C-store, and none were lockbox/promo ships. I'm waiting for the L-D7.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    Yes
    I'm in the rather presumptuous position that I've had the Zen for this anniversary bundle bought in November, with the decision to buy being made after the 10 pack of Fed ships. (the T'Liss and Mirror Gal-X legendaries meant my funds needed to be topped up...)

So, I may as well finish the process. Back then, I was enthusiastic; now I have to rationalise the purchase.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Yes
    The pack is a poor value, but it does have stuff I want. I also already have the zen, so what else am I going to do with it?

Its like charging $10 for a dozen eggs and a broken Ford Pinto. You want the eggs, but (for some magical reason) you can't get them without also buying the Pinto. Maybe you can get the Pinto running, maybe it has $20 lost under a seat, but its probably just junk to force you to pay $10 for eggs.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    No
    I'll get this pack the day someone includes it in some giveaway.
    Not worth the price, at all.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    edited February 2021
    No
    The pack is a poor value, but it does have stuff I want.

Its like charging $10 for a dozen eggs and a broken Ford Pinto. You want the eggs, but (for some magical reason) you can't get them without also buying the Pinto. Maybe you can get the Pinto running, maybe it has $20 lost under a seat, but its probably just junk to force you to pay $10 for eggs.

That really sucks, doesn't it? I am a big space barbie fan and would definitely like to get the monk robe, but definitely will not be spending that much to get it. It's sad when people feel like they have to buy something they admittedly consider a poor value to get something they want in the pack.
    I also already have the zen, so what else am I going to do with it?

I've got the zen too, and I'll tell you exactly what I'm going to do with it: wait for the legendary D7 (or anything else I actually want). But I'm definitely not going to spend it on something I don't want just because I have it.

Of course, you actually want something in the pack so you're in a different boat. But for what it's worth I hope you enjoy the stuff you get :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • whistlerdavidwhistlerdavid Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    No
    the ships are not good enough in my opinion. the 2 free ships is useless. i already have all the t6 ships i want from the zen store to justify the price tag. however the ability to fly any ship perk sounds good that should be for sale all by its self tons of people would buy it. im on ps4 so that might already be a thing for sale on pc
  • varthelmvarthelm Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    poddli wrote: »

I did the exact same and this echoes my thoughts exactly.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    No
    however the ability to fly any ship perk sounds good that should be for sale all by its self tons of people would buy it.

That's already available for individual sale, AND you can unlock it for free by simply having a level 65 Klingon character on your account.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    No
    There's nothing there I want or need, especially in that combination of items.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Yes
    Simply put, they will make very nice upgrades to some of my tank builds compared to the previous incarnations.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    No
    Simply put, they will make very nice upgrades to some of my tank builds compared to the previous incarnations.

Cool. Good thing they updated those stats from what they originally were :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    My KDF will enjoy that BoP and the Vor'cha options. And I've been drooling over the Kamarag parts.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    No
    There not really anything in the pack that I want. Add to that, the price.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    No
    rattler2 wrote: »
    My KDF will enjoy that BoP and the Vor'cha options. And I've been drooling over the Kamarag parts.

The Kamarag is a sweet looking ship.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    No
    I'd probably fly all four ships...cost is too high
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    No
    There is nothing I want in this bundle.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    No
    It's simply not the right bundle for me. My 2255 KDF recruit will be flying the Temer Alliance Raider, a very nice ship I got by participating in the Anniversary Event. I hope that those who do get the bundle enjoy it :smile:
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    No
    rattler2 wrote: »

I'm in agreement with you on the Kamarag skin & the fleet-only Tor'Kaht skin. I'll be frowning about missing those, but not worth the price to me.

All I'll say is I hope you enjoy the B'rel. To me it's only "legendary" by the title stickered to it & the Temer is more of a "legendary" BoP than this B'rel.
This discussion has been closed.