test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

anyone know whats going on with the elachi transporting in?

whistlerdavidwhistlerdavid Member Posts: 416 Arc User
for a while now every time i transport somewhere i have 2 elachi transport in. in fact i cant remember which mission it was but 2 transported into a mission with me and helped me fight. i checked my traits i have nothing that would make it seem has if i am a tac officer with two elachi body guards. anyone know whats going on? dont get me wrong i think its cool i just dont know why its happening
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    You equipped the revolutionary set didn't you?
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Imperial_Rift
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2021
    Yea Imperial Rift set is the cause... ...and a lot seem to like it.

At least the Elachi, are the nice and friendly ones, who appear helpful... ...since the time we first encountered one, when he recognizes he was once Romulan.

Not sure the hidden back story Cryptic thought up for that one, maybe some day we'll find out. It also be nice to discover why Romulan's anatomy shares more in common with Klingons, than it does their Vulcan brothers & sister's from the same planet. Those both make exciting plots to explore in a future ARC, if Cryptic could reach out to ViacomCBS to derive an answer. :)
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    whistlerdavidwhistlerdavid Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    fftt wrote: »
    You equipped the revolutionary set didn't you?
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Imperial_Rift
    sure but it says in space doesn't say they really show up on land missions
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    Yeah. The Wiki lists it as an undocumented feature.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Oh, good grief, Charlie Brown! Here I thought those omnipresent twerks were from a vicious Fleet of griefers or something. You're saying they are an undocumented feature of a ship set? So some poor bugger could be running around manifesting these idiots without even realizing it?! That's even worse than the old party balls; at least you had to consciously be a jerk to indiscriminately use those! Thank the Elements they finally released Party Nullifiers. Maybe this year, Risa will sell special sunglasses to keep our characters from seeing those frelling drenheads.

And yet, RP-friendly Romulan and Reman retinue non-combat pets are limited time/limited use. Go figure.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    It happens when you use the rift, afaik. My KDF recruit had this set equipped all the way up till I switched it out for a different one, but never once did I see the disgusting Elachi show up. Why? I never used the rift weapon.

While I absolutely hate the way they did this, the reason is clear. You've been hunting J'ula and now others for opening these rifts, and storywise you should have seen first hand what one did to Khitomer. Using the rift weapon is an act on the order of a warcrime, and the Elachi, which are bodysnatcher aliens that use humanoids as hosts, use the rifts to allow them to enter our dimension easily to do their thing.

So if you don't like the vile Elachi following you around, don't use the rift weapon, you war criminal.

And to get them to stop appearing, I believe all you have to do is swap out the set, then you can reequip it. Just don't use the rift again.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I heard from one reddit commenter it is possible to kill other people's elachi in social zones, not just your own, by being near them and spawning a pet. May not always work or might have to be attempted more than once.

Exterminate accordingly and thoroughly.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    I heard from one reddit commenter it is possible to kill other people's elachi in social zones, not just your own, by being near them and spawning a pet. May not always work or might have to be attempted more than once.

Yes, this works.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User

That's great to know! I don't even have the set (or any part of it) myself. I hadn't noticed them following anyone around, they just seem to be hanging out. So they aren't pets themselves, just obnoxious spam?
  • Options
    kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    I mean, it'd be nice if we were given the option to turn them off, so for those of us who want to use the set but not spawn the dancing Elachi we could, while not ruining the fun of those folks who do like 'em. Oh well
This discussion has been closed.