test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

klingon special person

Where are all the federation missions? a few years ago when i played i was sure the federation was the favorite faction and included a storyline of tom paris's daughter but since coming back it seem that federation missions have been deleted so none of it makes much sense, its pretty much shoot some lasers then sod off to deep space 9 for 3 missions compared to the full storyline of the dominion fleet coming back.

where has all this content gone?
«1

Comments

  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,126 Arc User
    kibi#8855 wrote: »
    where has all this content gone?

    It was supposedly removed to be revamped and reworked to fit into the current storyline. That was a few years ago. IMO, it's not coming back.

    The-Grand-Nagus
    Join Date: Sep 2008

    og9Zoh0.jpg
  • kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    kibi#8855 wrote: »
    where has all this content gone?

    It was supposedly removed to be revamped and reworked to fit into the current storyline. That was a few years ago. IMO, it's not coming back.

    so they're deleting game content for no real reason? the game has always looked like TRIBBLE running on the city of heroes engine so i don't understand why they'd remove perfectly good content.
  • kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Flaming/trolling and hate speech redacted. — WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
  • kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Flaming/trolling redacted. — WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,126 Arc User
    It's weird: there is some old missions they simply removed from the episode journal but still left available to play in the "available" tab. They should have done the same with the Fed missions in question too, IMO.

    The-Grand-Nagus
    Join Date: Sep 2008

    og9Zoh0.jpg
  • kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    It's weird: there is some old missions they simply removed from the episode journal but still left available to play in the "available" tab. They should have done the same with the Fed missions in question too, IMO.

    I agree, ive noticed some mission are hidden it just doesn't make sense to strip out content for federation players
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 56,076 Community Moderator
    If you are referring to the 2800 arc where a Dominion War era fleet shows up... it wasn't removed. It was moved into the "Available" tab so it isn't part of the main story arcs. You will also find the Dividian and Breen arcs in there as well. However I believe you have to be lv 65 for them to unlock now. Nimbus still unlocks early though.

    Mainline story missions that were removed like Past Imperfect are set for remaster and should be re-released once they can get around to it. Year of Klingon updates and Corona has pushed them back as far as I am aware.

    @kibi#8855 please don't assume age or anything regarding us mods, or try and paint us as anything other than forum users like you. Also I don't know squat of Chinese. I know enough Japanese to say "Hello", "Goodbye", and call someone an idiot. Also took one year of French in High School.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    kibi#8855 wrote: »
    Where are all the federation missions? a few years ago when i played i was sure the federation was the favorite faction and included a storyline of tom paris's daughter but since coming back it seem that federation missions have been deleted so none of it makes much sense, its pretty much shoot some lasers then sod off to deep space 9 for 3 missions compared to the full storyline of the dominion fleet coming back.

    where has all this content gone?

    Some of it was removed to be reworked to match newer stories, and newer technology (ie it didn't like Lighting 2.0). Some was simply removed from the Main Story progression and still exists as side storylines you can pick up from the "Available" menu.

    Nimbus is no longer in the main storyline, but is available at 15.
    Spectre's, Cold War, and The Lost Dominion are still there as side stories, but you need to be 65 to play them for some idiotic reason. There are a few other sort of stand alone side missions from the old Cardassian/Bajor storyline as well such as The Investigation.

    The Miral Paris stuff is gone, with no ETA on if or when it may return.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    If you are referring to the 2800 arc where a Dominion War era fleet shows up... it wasn't removed. It was moved into the "Available" tab so it isn't part of the main story arcs. You will also find the Dividian and Breen arcs in there as well. However I believe you have to be lv 65 for them to unlock now. Nimbus still unlocks early though.

    Mainline story missions that were removed like Past Imperfect are set for remaster and should be re-released once they can get around to it. Year of Klingon updates and Corona has pushed them back as far as I am aware.

    @kibi#8855 please don't assume age or anything regarding us mods, or try and paint us as anything other than forum users like you. Also I don't know squat of Chinese. I know enough Japanese to say "Hello", "Goodbye", and call someone an idiot. Also took one year of French in High School.

    Baka?

    I see you are a person of culture. All the Japanese I know came from watching 80's and 90's era cyberpunk anime. The modern stuff is too much schoolgirls and fan service.

    What does the title "Klingon special person" have to do with removed fed content anyhow?



  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,307 Arc User
    kibi#8855 wrote: »
    where has all this content gone?

    It was supposedly removed to be revamped and reworked to fit into the current storyline. That was a few years ago. IMO, it's not coming back.

    Kael said that they have every intention of bringing back those missions. They've just haven't had the time to do it. (I have a feeling that they wanted to revamp the Klingons first before they revamped those, since it would allow them to take advantage of the new pieces for the Klingons in those missions).

    TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Kael said that they have every intention of bringing back those missions. They've just haven't had the time to do it. (I have a feeling that they wanted to revamp the Klingons first before they revamped those, since it would allow them to take advantage of the new pieces for the Klingons in those missions).

    Kael (and the rest of the team) say many things. You'll have to excuse me for having, at this point, a very difficult time taking the development team at their word.
    In this case, they've been saying it for over 2.5 years. If they wanted to revamp the rest of the Klingon stuff first, they should have left the episodes in until they were finished. As it is, we as players haven't had access to some vital chapters from the VERY FIRST story arc in the game (from the Fed perspective), as well as some of the last work Leonard Nimoy did as Spock.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    This remains one of their dumber decisions. Revamping stuff is sometimes fine, but why remove it if the new stuff isn't ready yet?
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,126 Arc User
    > @vegeta50024 said:
    > Kael said that they have every intention of bringing back those missions. They've just haven't had the time to do it. (I have a feeling that they wanted to revamp the Klingons first before they revamped those, since it would allow them to take advantage of the new pieces for the Klingons in those missions).



    I belive they have the "intention", but I don't believe it will actually happen. But hey, I would love to be wrong in this case.

    The-Grand-Nagus
    Join Date: Sep 2008

    og9Zoh0.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,523 Arc User
    Now that the Guardian of Forever made a reappearance in Discovery S3, the chance for their redo has probably gotten better. Never let something like this left behind.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Never let something like this left behind.

    It's embarrassing they've left this behind for so long already.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 9,868 Arc User
    The surface of Rigel IV, at the very beginning of that arc, was a horrible bug-riddled mess, outshining even the Klingon Recruit event in that regard. I'd just as soon not see it back until it's been rewritten from line 10, as most of the problem appeared to have stemmed from the legacy code.

    And of course rewriting anything from line 10 is being delayed currently because what with COVID and teleworking, they'd prefer to concentrate on making new stuff for longtime players, which takes time. It's not just a matter of "polishing" - puts me in mind of some of the software I had to fix up back at HQ SAC, where the coding was so convoluted it was actually easier and faster to find out what it was supposed to do and then code a new program to do it.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    jonsills wrote: »
    The surface of Rigel IV, at the very beginning of that arc, was a horrible bug-riddled mess, outshining even the Klingon Recruit event in that regard. I'd just as soon not see it back until it's been rewritten from line 10, as most of the problem appeared to have stemmed from the legacy code.

    And of course rewriting anything from line 10 is being delayed currently because what with COVID and teleworking, they'd prefer to concentrate on making new stuff for longtime players, which takes time. It's not just a matter of "polishing" - puts me in mind of some of the software I had to fix up back at HQ SAC, where the coding was so convoluted it was actually easier and faster to find out what it was supposed to do and then code a new program to do it.

    Right, except that these episodes where not pulled in 2019 right before COVID and were the "victims" of a pandemic, nor were they pulled in 2020, but at the end of 2018 - so there was no smart working to contend with at the time.

    They should have simply moved them to the "Available" tab with all the other missions that were moved there until they were ready to replace them with updated versions.
    As @thegrandnagus1 said: they may have the "intention" of revamping them, but I don't think it's gonna happen.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

    Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

    Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,126 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    The real tragedy of it is the Leonard Nimoy VO the mission had in it is now gone from the game. If for no other reason than that, they need to move beyond simple "intent" and actually make it happen.

    The-Grand-Nagus
    Join Date: Sep 2008

    og9Zoh0.jpg
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    The real tragedy of it is the Leonard Nimoy VO the mission had in it is now gone from the game. If for no other reason than that, they need to move beyond simple "intent" and actually make it happen.

    Agreed a hundred times.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

    Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

    Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    It's weird: there is some old missions they simply removed from the episode journal but still left available to play in the "available" tab. They should have done the same with the Fed missions in question too, IMO.

    I agree, sure move-around to the Available tab as an option, but don't out-right remove from the game till you have the replacement completed & ready to implement.
    The real tragedy of it is the Leonard Nimoy VO the mission had in it is now gone from the game. If for no other reason than that, they need to move beyond simple "intent" and actually make it happen.

    Absolutely & Cryptic should be ashamed how that was handled.

    I doubt there's any harm to the game if Cryptic just moved older content to that Available tab for replay-ability.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,486 Arc User
    The real tragedy of it is the Leonard Nimoy VO the mission had in it is now gone from the game. If for no other reason than that, they need to move beyond simple "intent" and actually make it happen.

    Aye
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,307 Arc User
    The real tragedy of it is the Leonard Nimoy VO the mission had in it is now gone from the game. If for no other reason than that, they need to move beyond simple "intent" and actually make it happen.

    I remember originally they said that at the time they had it on the docket to revamp, but then one of the employees had a baby and the revamp was put on hold. Since then, I feel that they've shuffled things around so that certain things take higher priority. than others. I think it was for over a year that they had teased the current storyline we're on now, which means that they had been planning out the Klingon Civil War arc for at least that long.

    Since they also don't have that many people to actively work on the game, they have to pick and choose what it is they want to focus on. I mean, if they had double the amount of people for the game, one group could be working on delivering revamped content, while the other group could be updating the game with new stories and such. However, we have the amount we have, and that means that whatever resources they have, they put into their current direction.

    TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    The real tragedy of it is the Leonard Nimoy VO the mission had in it is now gone from the game. If for no other reason than that, they need to move beyond simple "intent" and actually make it happen.

    That's really my main frustration about the whole deal. Well, that and some closure for the whole B'Vat story (you know, the very first arc in the game (Fed wise)).

    And don't everyone get me wrong, those missions looked rough. But so, too, did the Klingon starter episodes that got revised for the YoK, yet they didn't pull those 'til they were ready 'to improve the quality of the game'
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,265 Arc User
    I always found it laughable those missions were removed because they didn't meet "standards" anymore while new missions work on "invisible timers and tons of waves of enemies, just because" juice, and we still have this HIDEOUS intro cutscene of the KDF that still uses 2009ish models and adds nothing outside of the obvious "you're Klingon, you live to fight, glory to you!".

    At least, the Fed intro still has Leonard Nimoy voiceover, some info about what happened and what to expect in the game's timeline.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,660 Bug Hunter
    kibi#8855 wrote: »
    Where are all the federation missions? a few years ago when i played i was sure the federation was the favorite faction and included a storyline of tom paris's daughter,,,

    where has all this content gone?

    The one exception is the one you Meet with Paris Daughter, and as the @thegrandnagus1 said it seems they removed it, as I guess they wanted to reduce the # of some earlier missions. Seems they've taken that approach with Klingon ARC to combine a few into fewer missions, and may continue with the remaining Romulan or Federation story's to revisit.

    Some of the missions are still available, yet you'll have to wait till you reach level 65. Then you can find a few in AVAILABLE (TAB) shown, hit HAIL 'Open Mission Journal' while they wait to revise them.
    The real tragedy of it is the Leonard Nimoy VO the mission had in it is now gone from the game. If for no other reason than that, they need to move beyond simple "intent" and actually make it happen.

    I wish a few like that they'd save and make available at Academy Holodeck's!
    0zxlclk.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 56,076 Community Moderator
    The real tragedy of it is the Leonard Nimoy VO the mission had in it is now gone from the game. If for no other reason than that, they need to move beyond simple "intent" and actually make it happen.

    They should still have those audio files though.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,126 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The real tragedy of it is the Leonard Nimoy VO the mission had in it is now gone from the game. If for no other reason than that, they need to move beyond simple "intent" and actually make it happen.

    They should still have those audio files though.

    Of course. My point is, it's not in the game anymore. That needs to change, and TBH it's been long enough too long already.

    The-Grand-Nagus
    Join Date: Sep 2008

    og9Zoh0.jpg
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    kurtron wrote: »
    Kael said that they have every intention of bringing back those missions. They've just haven't had the time to do it. (I have a feeling that they wanted to revamp the Klingons first before they revamped those, since it would allow them to take advantage of the new pieces for the Klingons in those missions).

    Kael (and the rest of the team) say many things. You'll have to excuse me for having, at this point, a very difficult time taking the development team at their word.
    In this case, they've been saying it for over 2.5 years. If they wanted to revamp the rest of the Klingon stuff first, they should have left the episodes in until they were finished. As it is, we as players haven't had access to some vital chapters from the VERY FIRST story arc in the game (from the Fed perspective), as well as some of the last work Leonard Nimoy did as Spock.

    It hasn't actually been two and a half years yet, but it's getting close. I don't really understand why they removed those missions prior to revamp, either, but I do think that they will eventually get them back out there in some form. As said above, it isn't all COVID, but there were other obstacles that came up even before then. They said at the time that maybe not everything that was cut would be restored, but that they definitely wanted to keep the Nimoy voice work precisely because it meant something to them, just as it does to many of us.

    The earlier revamps and dumps of content from the old Federation Romulan arc, and pre-2800 Cardassian arc didn't bother me in the slightest, as nothing of any story value was lost, but these missions, even if some of the story is of questionable value, really shouldn't have been pulled until they were ready.
    I always found it laughable those missions were removed because they didn't meet "standards" anymore while new missions work on "invisible timers and tons of waves of enemies, just because" juice, and we still have this HIDEOUS intro cutscene of the KDF that still uses 2009ish models and adds nothing outside of the obvious "you're Klingon, you live to fight, glory to you!".

    At least, the Fed intro still has Leonard Nimoy voiceover, some info about what happened and what to expect in the game's timeline.

    Funny thing, in the two new episodes, which I jokingly call "Opening Doors, Pts. 1 and 2," because you do an awful lot of exactly that in both of them) I can only find one example of a time gate, and there aren't any infinite waves of enemies to fight. There are a few spots where you get staged waves as you clear your way through a room, but even something like that giant central chamber on Boreth doesn't have enemies beaming in behind you when you clear an area. It's far more engaging than 50 spawn points with a static group waiting for you at each on a giant ground map that is little more than a barely-disguised maze.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The real tragedy of it is the Leonard Nimoy VO the mission had in it is now gone from the game. If for no other reason than that, they need to move beyond simple "intent" and actually make it happen.

    They should still have those audio files though.

    & your point is maybe one day again then possibly? I don't like absolutes but any Nimoy VO removal is close to probably being always a negative.
Sign In or Register to comment.