test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whoa, hitting a wall...

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 2,200 Arc User
So, I've been leveling my Klingon Recruit character, going through all the story missions. He's in his shiny almost new Vo'Quv carrier, doing missions in the Delta Quadrant. The Vaudwaar are a pain in the neck, running around at warp 90 everywhere, ignoring damage, constant massive artillery barrages capable of almost oneshotting the carrier, often untargetable anchor drones, etc. But, I was managing all right.

Until I came to the mission to help break a blockade. You know the one, you have to go out to repair three ships while under continuous artillery attacks in vast areas of effect... The carrier can withstand an attack... but only one. A second one will kill it for certain. However, the attacks come so fast, that there's no way to get the carrier out of the aoe, so it's guaranteed to get killed. Over and over and over.

Came as kind of a shock. I don't remember the artillery attacks coming continuously, I seem to recall that they would come periodically.

I guess I'll just have to not use that ship, it's flatly unplayable in the carrier.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    So, I've been leveling my Klingon Recruit character, going through all the story missions. He's in his shiny almost new Vo'Quv carrier, doing missions in the Delta Quadrant. The Vaudwaar are a pain in the neck, running around at warp 90 everywhere, ignoring damage, constant massive artillery barrages capable of almost oneshotting the carrier, often untargetable anchor drones, etc. But, I was managing all right.

Until I came to the mission to help break a blockade. You know the one, you have to go out to repair three ships while under continuous artillery attacks in vast areas of effect... The carrier can withstand an attack... but only one. A second one will kill it for certain. However, the attacks come so fast, that there's no way to get the carrier out of the aoe, so it's guaranteed to get killed. Over and over and over.

Came as kind of a shock. I don't remember the artillery attacks coming continuously, I seem to recall that they would come periodically.

I guess I'll just have to not use that ship, it's flatly unplayable in the carrier.

You are right, there used to be gaps in the artillery's fire from what I recall. I suspect that it could be a subtle bug from the recent patches since there are other odd things going on in other scenarios too. Maybe something in it happened to throw some of the timers out of whack.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    There were enough gaps when I did it to get through it on my Klingon Recruit a little over a week ago. I've also never encountered any untargetable Constriction Anchors, though they're often deployed in such crowds that I have to manually target them, and basically no Vaadwaur space units that ignore damage, though the Artillery ships get momentary cloak when they cut and run while releasing their Assault Vessel. I'm past that arc now, though, and I'm not heading back to see if there are new bugs in the last week. It would be a poor comparison, anyway, since I upgraded everything this weekend. I guess I'll just wish you good luck.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Just replay the mission, the gaps seem random.

I did this one the other day, the first ship I didn't see a single artillery strike, the 2nd one there was a quick 2 of them then nothing, and the third one again was just 2 during the fight with the enemy ships then nothing.

If you still can't seem to time it, park your ship a short distance away from the ship you want to save and wait. After a couple seconds you might get an artillery strike called on your ship.. sit there for a couple seconds, then right before it fires.. boost out of the range over to the ship and start repairing it.

They don't strike over and over, they hit a couple times at the beginning then mostly stop. Just wait it out.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    You could do that, but if you get caught in the Artillery with the freebie BOP you're probably going to get nuked. :lol:

Carrier should be fine.. just do this.

1. Approach the first ship. Blow up all the enemy ships around it. Keep moving the entire time, don't try to repair the ship just defeat the enemies.
    2. Once Enemies are defeated, move away from the ship you want to repair. Stay far enough away so that if you're targeted for Artillery, the ship you want to repair won't be in the blast zone.
    3. Aim your ship at the damaged ship and wait. As soon as you're targeted by Artillery, go to full impulse and fly to the damaged ship.
    4. Repair the ship while the Artillery is blasting the spot you used to be in.
    5. Rinse, repeat. :smile:

Once you get the timing down, you should be fine.
  • payback99payback99 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I did it just fine in the free Bird of Prey. Attacked the ships then flew to the ship that needs repair after an artillery attack then repaired and flew out. The repaired ship got hit but it doesn't damage them.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Reads like somebody needs the new legendary Vor‘cha! >:)

The ship is objectively the best Klingon vessel in game. It’s stats are incredibly versatile to get any type of build running and the price is very tempting.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    There's a difficulty spike in the game in the Delta Quadrant, because it was originally content meant for people at the old level cap, with maxed out (for then) gear when they raised the level cap.

But when you are playing through it now, you likely haven't spend the weeks grinding out reputation gear or whatever, so it's pretty hard.
    edited February 2021

The ship is objectively the best Klingon vessel in game. It’s stats are incredibly versatile to get any type of build running and the price is very tempting.

I'll just say.. :lol:
  • dkdrachedkdrache Member Posts: 32 Arc User

I'm old, so bare with me. I assume this is sarcasm, because to me that ship is everything you said in reverse.

I'll just say.. :lol:

Now we are talking eh? :D
    animated.gif
    dkdrache wrote: »

I'm old, so bare with me. I assume this is sarcasm, because to me that ship is everything you said in reverse.

The ship release appears right to you and I apologize for the confusion.

Recent events in forums led me conclude that humour is the only way left to handle this place.
    animated.gif
    edited February 2021
    The situation is really funny for sure but I dislike it if it is at the expence of others. As a matter of fact, I was thinking about this very OP when I made my verdict on the ship release last week in the other threads.

While players like me rofl-stomp through every story and patrol content even with their new characters the game must feel quite different for many others and who then seek help in forums.

Yes, we do have an increase in difficulty during the delta arc. No, it is not an issue if one sticks his head a bit into builds mechanics.

The best option here is to gear out your craft to face the obstacle. Two ways work:

1) Tune up your DPS to kill every critter b4 it annoys you. By far the easiest way! We have tons on general build recommendations on the league homepage by now letting you do just that.

2) Pack up on some heals and resistances. Flocki made a guide on support ships a while back. I have 4 supporter/tanks in my toon gang as a result to pull some crazy stuff for the teams I end up with. They kill stuff slower on their own but also have an easier time not being killed themselves.

I played the patrol the OP mentions 4-5 times already with my new recruit as it is perfect to get the heal shields and hull endeavours done in a flash.

As my recruit is not yet up to @peterconnorfirst space pew pew standards I found a mix of 1) and 2) prudent for the time being. Reverse shield polarity, Reiterative Structural Capacitor, Protomatter Field Projector and perhaps one of the free armor consoles we get from storys for free should get the job done temporarily.

Should work for you too Marik and we went through the “lets build a ship to be potent” numerous times in the past so I fully believe in you now to sort It out and get it done on your own!

animated.gif
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Well, there are a few easy things any ship can do. One, power to engines. Two evasive maneuvers. Three brace for impact. Use those well with good timing and it should be easier to manage this part.

Other things of course include emergency power to engines, aux to dampners, and various immunity traits you may be able to trigger.

Vaadwaur have always been annoying and they are a lot harder than they were originally, including the artillery barrages, but they just take some adjustment.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I find pilot ships with maneuvers make it easier to deal with them.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    im behind on gear since i use the disruptor gatling gun style beam arrays. (really like those on this carrier - wish they had that firing style for all energy types)

Could you perhaps tell us more about this? I have no idea what beam arrays you are talking about, and I'm curious

This discussion has been closed.