test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle

Comments

• tempest024tempest024 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    This is a disappointing bundle. Wouldn't buy it at 80% off.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    The excelsior should've been included in the first Legendary bundle in the first place instead of that Constitution copy from DIS or JJTrek.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    The excelsior should've been included in the first Legendary bundle in the first place instead of that Constitution copy from DIS or JJTrek.

Removing a Lockbox/Promo ship in favor of a C-Store ship would have really hurt the value of the 2020 Bundle.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    the new ambassador has successful talked into buying... basically anything but this pack. not rushing it ether I can just let my lifer stipend do it's thing and wait for a good sale.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Add me to the list of underwhelmed players who won't be buying this bundle.

Out of the main selling point, the " legendary" ships, there's really only the Excelsior that I can honestly say I would want (Had it been a standalone purchase, like the legendary mirror dreadnought, I would have bought it in a heartbeat).

The Ambassador seems to offer little over the fleet Yamaguchi, I have no interest in the Vorcha and the B'rel offers little that the Temer cannot and I didn't have to spend any money on the Temer.

Had they offered the ships without all the bloat for a more "reasonable" price I might have been tempted, just for the MW Excelsior

As it currently stands I have zero interest in the bloat items, so I simply cannot even begin to justify paying the price they're asking.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

Am I reading that right? *TWO* commander-level stations? One temporal, one Command? Because that's...pretty sure that's not something you see often.

The sad thing is that would have made the L. Ambassador very interesting over the actual version. Its easy to argue that the L. is worse than the Fleet version, especially factoring in the price. If they had made it a 2 commander ship, and given it both specialization mechanics, then you'd have a real justification for it having very little over the original version, and a real draw to get the ship.

I kinda like the Horatio skin, but this still isn't a ship I'd fly.

The trait is exceptionally poor, though. Temporal specialization almost certainly does it better and more often. Of course you might not want to run temporal spec, but its such a waste of a ship trait slot even then, especially with the absurd 3 minute cooldown.

Overall, the B'rel is a slight upgrade, (unless you liked 3 science consoles) but it remains to be seen what the set console changes do, and intel seating is a clear bonus, with a trait that seems good. The Vor'cha is worth considering largely due to 5/3 and the turn rate to use it, but you might still prefer the Vor'ral due to the specialization. The Excelsior is a clear winner, but that is in no small part due to the age of the Resolute in terms of its design philosophy. The Ambassador is totally uninteresting.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Ways I could see them spicing up this bundle to make it worth it.

B'rel make it actually use its commander Uni instead of the normal tactical most raiders have, swap 4 engineer with 4 science. Make it a science destroyer raider, this would be unique it could keep its 4/2 layout no change needed there but it would be super versatile but I doubt it would outshine the section 31 ship or cross field. But even without the science destroyer ability to switch having 4 science consoles would make niche science raider build be more viable. The 4 engineer slots don't do the flexibility of a uni commander justice.

Vorcha its pretty good as is, but maybe make it a flight deck cruiser.

Ambassador if you could make this the cruiser/science ship equivalent of a science destroyer. In lieu of that just change the specialization seating. Its too similar to the ship that already exists, make commander intel, lt.com temporal or command or just make it flight deck cruiser.

I think excelsior is fine, though giving pilot commander would make it certainly unique even though pilot commander abilities need a rework or buffs, though I could see it becoming a battlecruiser.

If most of the fluff was bind on character but claimable multiple times across the account like the lobi, ships slots and the Ultimate Tech Upgrades. That would make much of the fluff worth it.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    I will admit, I figured the Ambassador would be comm intel, ltc temporal, so I was surprised.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    If everything in this bundle was an account unlock, and the price was around $120 USD, I'd probably buy it. As it now stands, no thanks.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • payback99payback99 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    This bundle really seems like it's supposed to be a new player only bundle.

The fly all ships unlock is completely worthless for anyone who isn't new as even if you only play Fed you know it doesn't take long to hit 65 and would have already started a Klingon recruit just for the reward unlocks on their other characters. You would have to be a serious roleplayer to refuse to make a recruit and if you were that into roleplay you wouldn't want your characters flying Klingon ships anyways.

All the ships are basically side grades.

Worf will only be useful if he has a bunch of space skills. And like all the other real holo's likely wont be customizable and so would ruin any ground gear fashion set ups.

The Targ can already be purchased in the Zen Store. It should have came with the Nanopulse Targ to make people consider buying it over just getting it by itself for a fraction of the bundles price. Or make a third Targ that summons with them so people that really like the double summon considers buying the Legendary bundle for it.

Everything else is Char unlocks. 6 ships slots are nice but when you have multiple toons 6 new ships means either deleting old ships or spending even more money on ship slots/dry dock slots. Zen store ships should automatically come with a dry dock or ship slot imo.

• trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I'll just say it and being this can't be a coincidence that the sale of this outrageous priced pack runs up until the date that Paramount Plus launches. I assume there is going to be some major announcement that will coincide with how they are establishing their brand being one company once again. So this game will probably still exist but there won't be anymore development for it. So it makes sense why they aren't going down on the price of the pack because its their last card in the deck to play. So they have to make as much as they can off of it because there is nothing after the fact.

Can I have some of what you're smoking as I could use a good break from reality - which is what your post above is. This game isn't going into maintenance mode anytime soon (unlike their other MMO already IN maintenance mode: Champions Online.

If anything, Cryptic will probably have some promotional give away to 'celebrate' the launch of Paramount+; but with all the new Star Trek series on the horizon - ST: Prodigy, Strange New Worlds, Section 31 and ST: D <-- which is already in production of its 4th season, and ST: P starting its production of Season 2 in a week, Paramount isn't going to shutdown STO - nor is Cryptic putting this game in maintenance mode. :D

ROFL its funny because if you go to any source about any of these shows they are either not even approved yet like Section 31 and not even the prodigy cartoon is even in production. On top of that netflix is no longer footing the bill for the production of discovery so not only is that show NOT in production but there is no one right now willing to pay for production much less expecting any kind of production in the near future. Also New Worlds, Prodigy, Picard, etc none of them are even in the production phase of development. So being you don't like hearing the truth you would rather attempt to insult me by making false accusations that I am a drug user. That's real cute princess.
  • n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    its so ugly. D:

To be honest, as said previously, whilst I never intended to purchase this bundle in the first place I'd said that, if they were selling the ships individually, the only ship that really interested me in this bundle was the Ambassador class. However at this point I'd have to take that back since this Legendary version isn't a significant improvement on my Fleet T6-X Ambassador.

And entirely subjective, but the Hor(rible)atio looks like someone said "let's take the worst bits of Odyssey and Chimera and slap them on an Ambassador!" I mean, it looks like the deflector tried to eat the lower pod of an Oberth class!

I fly the same thing and it was so barely an improvement, the ambassador legendary just...killed any interest I had in the pack.
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • gromrosch#6345 gromrosch Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This bundle is far too expensive. I bought a lot of stuff in the past to support the game but this goes too far. 4 ships (all not really great) and a bunch of stuff most people willing to spend that kind of cash on the game don't need.... really? Also wish they would stop advertising T6 Ship tokens as a premium item. You still can't buy any new realeses with those token. When I like a ship I don't want to wait 6 months to buy it. This really should ALWAYS be noted when advertising this tokens, obfuscating this is rather questionable behaviour.

At least make a cheaper pack with just the ships please.... keep the worthless stuff you prize as 10k Zen+ Value here ........
  • captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 835 Arc User
    Using the sale price of around 18700 zen, you get 6 ships (4 ships plus 2 T6 tokens), a cross-faction ship unlock, 500 lobi, and various other items. Since 6 T6 ships in the C-store alone cost 18000, I see this as a good deal.

At a base price, this might be a good deal. As the sale price for the 6 and fluff that most don't want, as many have echoed, I don't feel like this is. The T6 coupons are usually on sale when they run those, and same with T6 ships. If this were, say, run at 19,000 ZEN with the 25%-30% off, then I think there would be fewer complaints and probably more sales across the board.
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
  • captennik1captennik1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I agree the price is the issue especially for those that already have some of the thinks in the pack, like the cross-faction upgrade I already bough it, before any info that it was in the pack or the Targ, In addition to this 2 of the ships come with the same console in contrast to last years pack were every ship had different consoles and even gave a lot of lockbox consoles as account unlocks, this realistically speaking compared to that pack is a bad deal in every aspect, for the the price of 25k if the original price was 18k-19k with a 25% discount would be more in line with what you get.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    Using the sale price of around 18700 zen, you get 6 ships (4 ships plus 2 T6 tokens), a cross-faction ship unlock, 500 lobi, and various other items. Since 6 T6 ships in the C-store alone cost 18000, I see this as a good deal.

IF you could use the T6 Ship tokens on NEW (IE Just released ships)...maybe. But (unless Cryptic slips up as they did in the first day of release on the Titan T6) those tokens can only be used on T6 ships not considered 'New'/Just released.

So yeah, sorry - not a good deal (IMO) no matter how you slice it.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    blitzy4 wrote: »
    I will admit, I figured the Ambassador would be comm intel, ltc temporal, so I was surprised.

Got your wish :)

pjxgwS8.jpg
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    foxman00 wrote: »
    blitzy4 wrote: »

Got your wish :)

Yes, but I doubt I can afford it right now. Ironic, considering I like the look too.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    I'll just say it and being this can't be a coincidence that the sale of this outrageous priced pack runs up until the date that Paramount Plus launches. I assume there is going to be some major announcement that will coincide with how they are establishing their brand being one company once again. So this game will probably still exist but there won't be anymore development for it. So it makes sense why they aren't going down on the price of the pack because its their last card in the deck to play. So they have to make as much as they can off of it because there is nothing after the fact.

Can I have some of what you're smoking as I could use a good break from reality - which is what your post above is. This game isn't going into maintenance mode anytime soon (unlike their other MMO already IN maintenance mode: Champions Online.

If anything, Cryptic will probably have some promotional give away to 'celebrate' the launch of Paramount+; but with all the new Star Trek series on the horizon - ST: Prodigy, Strange New Worlds, Section 31 and ST: D <-- which is already in production of its 4th season, and ST: P starting its production of Season 2 in a week, Paramount isn't going to shutdown STO - nor is Cryptic putting this game in maintenance mode. :D

ROFL its funny because if you go to any source about any of these shows they are either not even approved yet like Section 31 and not even the prodigy cartoon is even in production. On top of that netflix is no longer footing the bill for the production of discovery so not only is that show NOT in production but there is no one right now willing to pay for production much less expecting any kind of production in the near future. Also New Worlds, Prodigy, Picard, etc none of them are even in the production phase of development. So being you don't like hearing the truth you would rather attempt to insult me by making false accusations that I am a drug user. That's real cute princess.
    Huh? The Prodigy show has completed Season One production and is in post production per Kate Mulgrew herself (who did VO work as Captain Janeway). Need Proof:
    https://trekmovie.com/2021/01/24/kate-mulgrew-gives-star-trek-prodigy-progress-update/
    Mulgrew talks Prodigy
    On Saturday, Kate Mulgrew and other members of the Star Trek: Voyager cast were part of a GalaxyCon Live event. After the free Q&A, each participated in some brief one-on-one chats. Fan @jemabean1 posted her Mulgrew chat on Twitter, which ended with the actress giving a brief update on her work for Star Trek: Prodigy:

jemabean1: We’re so excited about Prodigy

Mulgrew: And now you can enjoy it. I think you will enjoy it. I certainly enjoyed doing it, and I think we’re going into the next season very soon.
    As for Section 31 - that show is approved and they've broken down the first season's scripts. Michelle Yeoh is VERY on board, and it's only COVID-19 that screwed everything up with respect to scheduling - same with Strange New Worlds.
    If Section 31 WASN'T a go; they wouldn't have sent Empress Gergiou through the Guardian of Forever is ST: D S3

So yeah, I say your 'sources' are incorrect.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I'm surprised by these late-edition changes to the Ambassador.

So I do applaud & thank Cryptic's "willingness" if that is indeed it to listen & make changes based-off of feedback from the masses.

I think the slight increase in hull is a positive resulting in a +.1 hull/shield combination compared the Yamaguchi variant while maintaining a +.5 turn-rate to the Yamaguchi too.

I think adding another 5 power to auxiliary is a positive, at least now resulting in an overall +20 power distribution overall equal with the Yamaguchi.

The changing of the Specializations could be a positive or a negative based upon playstyle, I do think the subsequent Gather Intelligence abilities are a positive, & at least now it's more distinctive.

I'm not sure it makes sense & might be out of left field but the addition of the Cloaking Device is interesting, innate Cloaking would've been mind-blowing.

I find Cryptic's changing of individual ships in this bundle good overall & still a bit perplexing that the B'rel didn't receive individual attention of the same but in it's stead a system-wide mechanic change albeit a positive one.

Is it too little too late? These ships, this bundle, have been in the pipeline for months at this stage knowing what players have been asking for all this time.

Also, did I miss it somewhere but where are the details of Holo-Worf's traits?
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2021
    jcsww wrote: »
    wow I am still shocked ... instead of trying to meet their players/customers half way. Somehow they keep making it worse.

Pretty much! They seem set on the price, which is the real problem with it. Even if they halved the bundle into two bundles at half the price each. Then everyone would still have the choice to buy both, if they wanted to.

It would have been nice if they did that for sure! Yet I suspect they wanted to ensure more considered it the full bundle...
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    wow I am still shocked ... instead of trying to meet their players/customers half way. Somehow they keep making it worse.

Pretty much! They seem set on the price, which is the real problem with it. Even if they halved the bundle into two bundles at half the price each. Then everyone would still have the choice to buy both, if they wanted to.

It would have been nice if they did that for sure!

No, because then what Cryptic would do is halve the bundle but sell both for the original price each lol
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    Still waiting for a fix to the B'rel weapon layout and the bundle filler fiasco.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    Wait. Did the published stats for the Legendary Ambassador always list a cloaking device? Is there a story with that? Either way, that's an interesting choice to honor the Enterprise-C. Destroyed by the Romulans. Masters of the cloak.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Still waiting for a 5 in front and/or "Improved Raider Flanking" Legendary B'Rel. The free event ship has the current offering beat hands down, and while I want to give you my money, I need a better reason.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    I was looking forward to a Legendary BOP with 5 forward weapon slots and pilot maneuvers like the legendary defiant; I would have gladly paid 200 for something like that. Well i guess that hope is gone.

hard pass from me. Already own the non-legendary T6 versions of every ship in the pack, and the lackluster "legendary" upgrades for them are no where near enough to justify the price. I have the "use every ship" unlock already and I don't need a holo-warf or 2 t6 coupons to buy some ship I didn't judge worthy of spending $$ on in the first place.

what a letdown.

Is it A to Z anime fan? Mine is Theta Nine. No one says it right.

I've always loved the Yamaguchi but I found this https://pin.it/2ZQ9MGF
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    captennik1 wrote: »
    I agree the price is the issue especially for those that already have some of the thinks in the pack, like the cross-faction upgrade I already bough it, before any info that it was in the pack or the Targ, In addition to this 2 of the ships come with the same console in contrast to last years pack were every ship had different consoles and even gave a lot of lockbox consoles as account unlocks, this realistically speaking compared to that pack is a bad deal in every aspect, for the the price of 25k if the original price was 18k-19k with a 25% discount would be more in line with what you get.

I see it like this, I have almost every single one of the ships that are in Harry Mudds joint. From before there was a Mudds. I got those same ships, take the Azure for example. Cryptic is making bank on the hold outs and newbees. That's what it's about. The duckets.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    Ecclesiastes 1:9

New International Version

9 What has been will be again,
        what has been done will be done again;
        there is nothing new under the sun

STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png