test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Al Rivera on new playable species

2»

Comments

• jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    I really dislike BOFFs whose uniform I can't modify. As far as I'm concerned, if there's no time to make a BOFF customisable, I'd rather not see it in game at all.

Maybe that's just me though!

Im sure some people agree but when it comes down to "The only way this boff can make it into the game is locked" Than I'd gladly take it vs never having it.

Like Kael was talking about on reddit they've looked at adding Tzenkethi boffs but it would have to be locked in costume and powers since the Tzenkethi don't use human rigging to be able to use all the kit powers.

My response? Do it, I'd gladly pay zen for a Neth Parr like boff rocking the looks and powers used in renegades regret. Same could be said for a Tholian boff, if it means fixed uniform and powers at least I can finally have a Tholian boff. Lot of my fleeties agree, they'd rather be able to have some of these more interesting boffs on their teams than not.

And lets face it we already have locked cosmetic ones like all the holo's and ppl like the Breen and Nelen, adding in locked powers? come on boffs are kinda low use meat shields most the time anyway..

TLDR: I know a bunch of people that would pay for uncustomizable boffs for Tzenkethi/Tholian/etc
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    I really dislike BOFFs whose uniform I can't modify. As far as I'm concerned, if there's no time to make a BOFF customisable, I'd rather not see it in game at all.

Maybe that's just me though!

Im sure some people agree but when it comes down to "The only way this boff can make it into the game is locked" Than I'd gladly take it vs never having it.

Like Kael was talking about on reddit they've looked at adding Tzenkethi boffs but it would have to be locked in costume and powers since the Tzenkethi don't use human rigging to be able to use all the kit powers.

My response? Do it, I'd gladly pay zen for a Neth Parr like boff rocking the looks and powers used in renegades regret. Same could be said for a Tholian boff, if it means fixed uniform and powers at least I can finally have a Tholian boff. Lot of my fleeties agree, they'd rather be able to have some of these more interesting boffs on their teams than not.

And lets face it we already have locked cosmetic ones like all the holo's and ppl like the Breen and Nelen, adding in locked powers? come on boffs are kinda low use meat shields most the time anyway..

TLDR: I know a bunch of people that would pay for uncustomizable boffs for Tzenkethi/Tholian/etc

The locked uniforms and gear actually make sense in the case of Tzenkethi and Tholian since neither would be able to use regular clothing and gear anyway because of shape and environment reasons, and on top of that they would probably be exchange officers and therefore use their own service uniforms and weapons the same way Riker did when he was in an exchange program.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    i do want synths
    2021-02-15%2015_33_25-Window.png?raw=1
    *The Zha... Starfleet Intelligence wants to know your location*
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    On the topic of non-customizable BOFFS, why cant they at least let us change their outfit name and colors? I can understand not being able to modify their appearance/body or clothing, but those two should at least be available. I renamed my elachi boff Tarsev, but in the tailor it still shows the original random name it had, and not being able to even change that drives my OCD nuts. Changing color of clothing should be easy enough for cryptic to do as well.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    On the topic of non-customizable BOFFS, why cant they at least let us change their outfit name and colors? I can understand not being able to modify their appearance/body or clothing, but those two should at least be available. I renamed my elachi boff Tarsev, but in the tailor it still shows the original random name it had, and not being able to even change that drives my OCD nuts. Changing color of clothing should be easy enough for cryptic to do as well.

Yeah, they should at least let us change their names. Though I don't really care what it looks like in the tailor, that's a relatively minor thing for me.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    The locked uniforms and gear actually make sense in the case of Tzenkethi and Tholian since neither would be able to use regular clothing and gear anyway because of shape and environment reasons, and on top of that they would probably be exchange officers and therefore use their own service uniforms and weapons the same way Riker did when he was in an exchange program.

Yeah kinda like the existing embassy boffs wearing their factions uniforms not your own, and like I said sure it'd be sweet if we could swap things have a few uniforms they could use or give them what powers we want, but at the end of the day my want is to have a Tzenkethi boff and a Tholian boff and if that means it has to be locked than please do it Cryptic (just please don't make them total garbage in terms of kit powers XD)

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    Tholians Boffs should get an environmental suit for regular temperatures and go nude in the extremely hot temperatures as a reverse environmental suit.
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    how about existing species for new factions, like adding vulcans to rom or ferengi to klingons

Yes, this makes a lot of sense actually (Reunification, The House of Quark etc) and probably should have been done quite some time ago especially as people have been asking for KDF aligned Ferengi for many years now.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
This discussion has been closed.