test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle

Comments

• megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    What I am still utterly confused by is if you read twitter or reddit they are still on this kick about how this is a small very vocal minority that is displeased by this and we think that the majority of players will love it...

I know Kael can't make these decisions on "their" own but serious I'm hoping that Cryptic Leadership isn't this dense

If they actually said that, then it's hilarious. Because anyone paying attention can see it most definitely isn't a "small" group of people saying this. It's so many different people saying it. Twitter, Reddit, in these forums, in game... this bundle appears to be universally disliked for pretty much the same reasons, the forced filler T6 ship coupons, keys, promo packs that all these people don't want but are being forced to absorb the cost of if they wanted to buy this bundle, the mind boggling over pricing, and the ships especially the B'rel that aren't up to Legendary standards.
    Post edited by megacharge07 on
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Using the sale price of around 18700 zen, you get 6 ships (4 ships plus 2 T6 tokens), a cross-faction ship unlock, 500 lobi, and various other items. Since 6 T6 ships in the C-store alone cost 18000, I see this as a good deal.
    "Since 6 T6 ships in the C-store alone cost 18000, I see this as a good deal" you just forgot that when you pay 18000 zen at C-store, you release these ships for the whole account, but ... when you use a t6 coupon, releases only on 1 toon, so you can't compare the price of a ship in the c-store with the coupon. you can't justify the price of this bundle with what is offered ... just not.

• setalia#9914 setalia Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    The T6 coupon buys a ship from the C-Store, which unlocks account-wide.
    Love&Peace
    Seta
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Using the sale price of around 18700 zen, you get 6 ships (4 ships plus 2 T6 tokens), a cross-faction ship unlock, 500 lobi, and various other items. Since 6 T6 ships in the C-store alone cost 18000, I see this as a good deal.
    "Since 6 T6 ships in the C-store alone cost 18000, I see this as a good deal" you just forgot that when you pay 18000 zen at C-store, you release these ships for the whole account, but ... when you use a t6 coupon, releases only on 1 toon, so you can't compare the price of a ship in the c-store with the coupon. you can't justify the price of this bundle with what is offered ... just not.

These T6 coupons do unlock the ship for the whole account actually, the problems are that regular T6 ships are not Legendary caliber ships so can't be viewed or valued as equal, another problem is you can't use those T6 coupons on newer T6 ships that are in the "new items" category. So people are stuck with only unlocking older T6 ships which most people probably already own. These things massively devalue these T6 coupons to the point that they are widely regarded as "filler" in the 2021 Legendary bundle and don't hold much value to a lot of people, which is totally understandable.
    Post edited by megacharge07 on
  • admiralodanadmiralodan Member Posts: 49 Arc User

You do realize that the whole account fly any ship unlock ALSO happens if you get a single "Klingon" character to 65 right?

Most of veterans and long timers... well we already have most of the ships we want.

You are correct if your a newbie maybe it might be worth it and that is a big maybe because buying pretty much any of the other packs that already exist gets you more IMO.

I'm not saying they have to go back and drum up 10 full on Klingon ships at this point. (Even though ya know "YEAR of the Klingon") But they should at least pull the 80% fluff out and drop the price to about 120. Then ya know know what I'd pretty much stop complaining because then 80% of the pack wouldn't be worthless to me as a player as well as a ridiculous hit to my pocket book.
    The Costs of Delta Rising Upgrades

My new sig till Cryptic fixes it....
  • captennik1captennik1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Can we make the Lost in Time trait be available every 2mins it will be comparable to the zahl trait in terms of use and that is 2 minutes and since this is a defensive trait it should matter that match overall !!!!
  • e3241e3241 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    It would be cool to have a legendary t6 D7 K’t’nga class! Love that ship!!
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    reyan01 wrote: »

Thanks, reyan01, makes sense at least with the storyline it being a Temporal I suppose.

Lost in Time (Account Unlocked Starship Trait) While this trait is slotted, when your health
    drops below a certain health percentage, your ship
    becomes partially displaced with time, and reverts
    to a state when its abilities were more readied and
    its defenses were in a better state. This can only
    occur once per 3 minutes.

Was weirdly typed, dark print, for me for some reason.

Just 1 console seems like a puny offering.

The new visual, imo, is stunning.

The stats seem decent enough, but I'll admit I've sort of lost interest in the whole bundle so not looking with an eye for detail anymore.

Those that buy, enjoy your cake!

So with this "legendary" Ambassador when compared to Fleet Yamaguchi:

lose a combined hull/shield of .10 for a better .5 turn-rate

lose +5 pwr to engines straight-out

trade Ensign Tac seat for a Ensign Uni seat

gain a good looking Horatio visual

gain the starship trait Lost In Time
    Post edited by foppotee#4552 on
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    Love the look of the Legendary Ambassador skin.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User

This is very underwhelming. It is basically just the Narendra with slightly better stats. If the legendary Ambassador is what I was interested in, I would just buy the Narendra for a fraction of the cost. Afterall, the Narendra is a perfectly capable ship.
    edited February 2021
    garaffe wrote: »

This is very underwhelming. It is basically just the Narendra with slightly better stats. If the legendary Ambassador is what I was interested in, I would just buy the Narendra for a fraction of the cost. Afterall, the Narendra is a perfectly capable ship.

For comparison & I think the numbers are correct.

So with this "legendary" Ambassador when compared to Fleet Yamaguchi:

lose a combined hull/shield of .10 (Yamaguchi) for a better .5 turn-rate ("legendary" Ambassador)

lose +5 pwr to engines straight-out lol no trade-off

trade Ensign Tac seat (Yamaguchi) for a Ensign Uni seat ("legendary" Ambassador)

gain a good looking Horatio visual, it looks really nice imo from this 1 pic

gain the starship trait Lost In Time, too bad about it's 3 min CD

• giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    I'm a little confused, so far Legendary ships have all been different specializations from their basic T6 counterparts, unless they weren't "full" specialization ships. Like the T6 Defiant having Pilot seats but no maneuvers, and the Legendary Defiant does. But the Nerendra was already a full Temporal Cruiser, was expecting this to be Command or Miracle Worker.
    There are positives about this bundle for me, main one being there is absolutely no fear of missing out. There obviously was a sense of letdown as the ships aren't really Legendary status despite the name on the bundle and it would have been nice to have a genuinely Legendary B'rel and some more Klingon ships rather than those uninteresting Fed ships, but with the B'rel in this bundle being so underwhelming and there not being enough ships in the bundle and then being forced to absorb the cost of useless to me filler items in the bundle I don't want or need, I can easily pass on this without any regret whatsoever.
  • piroteuspiroteus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Even with the two T6 Zenstore coupons a hard no.
  • minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    at the cost of zen now, you should give it a 60% -70% discount
    rolling-on-the-floor-laughing.gif
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    It's almost as if they want this bundle to fail or it's a case there are a limited number of KDF ships that the player base would agree are Legendary and they didn't want to release them all in one bundle leaving them with no future opportunities to make Legendary KDF ships.

Still whatever the reason this bundle is a half arsed job, I'd have liked the Vor'cha and Excelsior but even though I'm sat on 24000 zen in refined dilithium 500-1 dilex so the bundle will only cost me time I spent playing the game. It's value is not worth trading in that dilithium

Break up the bundle and sell the ships individually and I will purchase them. Normal T6 Zen store ship sells for 3000 zen I'd be willing to pay a little more say 3500 per ship
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • azanimefan#2488 azanimefan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I was looking forward to a Legendary BOP with 5 forward weapon slots and pilot maneuvers like the legendary defiant; I would have gladly paid 200 for something like that. Well i guess that hope is gone.

hard pass from me. Already own the non-legendary T6 versions of every ship in the pack, and the lackluster "legendary" upgrades for them are no where near enough to justify the price. I have the "use every ship" unlock already and I don't need a holo-warf or 2 t6 coupons to buy some ship I didn't judge worthy of spending $$ on in the first place.

what a letdown.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    I can honestly say I am not impressed with this bundle. The Legendary Ambassador strikes the same chord as the Ross class in my opinion, (not really different, just a minor linear upgrade) most disappointing. Honestly I'd rather just drop a fleet module and grab a T6 Fleet Support cruiser, it'd be MUCH cheaper and wouldn't be a loss in performance.

As a rule I don't gamble so the Keys and Promo boxes (which are likely bind-on-pickup) are of zero value to me.

I also have a 65 KDF (more than one, actually) which means I cannot purchase the 'cross faction starship unlock', including it in this bundle is shady. You're basically forcing me to purchase an item which is of no use to me if I wanted this bundle. :(

The 6 ship slots and experimental tokens actually make some sense in this bundle, though they are available separately, so including them here seems like just an attempt to pump up the price tag.

Including Two ship coupons in this bundle strikes me as though Cryptic/PWE is attempting to make this appear as a 6 ship bundle without actually making 6 ships. Disappointing, though not entirely unexpected given recent events.

I have no real opinion about the BOFF, combat companion, and outfit, but I can see how those items would be points of contention for some people.

Between lackluster stats/visuals and an overabundance of unnecessary/unwanted fluff I am officially not interested in this bundle at all now.
  • n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    its so ugly. D:
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Am I reading that right? *TWO* commander-level stations? One temporal, one Command? Because that's...pretty sure that's not something you see often.

It says Lieutenant in the line above Commander Universal. ;)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I admit I'm not really a fan of the Horatio design. If I get it, I'd probably stick to the Ambassador parts. Who knows... maybe there's some possibilities for kitbashing.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    I don't like the deflector on the Horatio, so would switch out its' engineering section for another.
    It's such a shame the Guardian(s) hasn't been broken up and included in the Ambassador-frame yet.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 835 Arc User
    As much as the Ambassador class is a solid favorite of mine, the loadout and stats on this one are a very unfortunate hard pass for me. As with the rest of this pack, nothing about it screams "Legendary" to me. This only cements my view that this is a passable bundle. The Excelsior, least for how I play the game, is on par with the Legendary Sovereign from last year. The B'rel, Vor'Cha, and Ambassador are also severely lacking, in my honest opinion, compared to the T6 fleet versions of those ships that already exist in the game.
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »

To be honest, the Fleet Ambassador with an X-upgrade is just an outright better ship in my opinion.

It is! I have been flying one of those since the X tokens came out.

I do love the updated model and especially the Horatio parts. I hope those are also available for the Galaxy and Galaxy X.
    So this "legendary" Ambassador when compared to Fleet Yamaguchi:

lose a combined hull/shield of .10 (Yamaguchi) for a better .5 turn-rate ("legendary" Ambassador)

lose +5 pwr to engines straight-out with this "legendary" Ambassador

trade Ensign Tac seat (Yamaguchi) for a Ensign Uni seat ("legendary" Ambassador)

gain a good looking Horatio visual ("legendary" Ambassador)

gain the starship trait Lost In Time ("legendary" Ambassador)

console placement is the same for both

inertia & impulse ratings are the same

both have (4) Cruiser Commands & both have Molecular Reconstruction

"legendary" Ambassador has the Temporal Trajectory Shifter console

To me in this bundle there's a couple of prime examples of these ships being "legendary" by title only but then again Cryptic knows that's enough to sell to a certain amount of players.

With at least a couple of these ships I think you'd match statically or exceed them if a player bought fleet versions then bought the other optional ships, if not already owned, for the consoles & sometimes there's better console options pending playstyles.

Remember the primary things these ships have exclusively are the distinct visuals & starship traits then slight, if any, modifications to BOFF seating, console placement, weapon layout & statistical trade-offs.

From B'rel to Ambassador began with a whimper & ended with a whimper.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    What a complete dumpster fire of a bundle.
  • n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    its so ugly. D:

To be honest, as said previously, whilst I never intended to purchase this bundle in the first place I'd said that, if they were selling the ships individually, the only ship that really interested me in this bundle was the Ambassador class. However at this point I'd have to take that back since this Legendary version isn't a significant improvement on my Fleet T6-X Ambassador.

And entirely subjective, but the Hor(rible)atio looks like someone said "let's take the worst bits of Odyssey and Chimera and slap them on an Ambassador!" I mean, it looks like the deflector tried to eat the lower pod of an Oberth class!

my friend said this and I agree" The ambassador was always a classy looking ship, elegant in its mix of old and new, this new skin takes away everything that made it stand out, and now it looks like another generic Cryptic STO 25th century ship"
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007