test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fek'Ihri Torment Engine?

telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
Curious what everyone's thoughts are on this particular item, especially for science builds. It boosts fire, physical, radiation, and plasma damage, as well as increasing all non-hazard damage over time effects, and adding a potential fire dot to non-hazard damage over time effects.

From my understanding, hazards include anything with a placed effect, like subspace vortex, gravity well, tyken's rift, etc. I'm curious if this item counts the damage over time dealt by things like deteriorating secondary deflectors, the electrical DoT caused by drain effects via drain infection, or other 'add-on' DoTs that are common in science/exotic builds.

This seems like a pretty good all-around damage console for sci builds even though it doesnt boost anomalies(hazards) directly. Also looking into using it on my romulan plasma torpedo boat. Just looking for opinions on how effective it really is, since I know there's always weird rules with what works on what effects when it comes to cryptic.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    well, augmented dictator games is using it, and given he's a high end player, if he says it's good, it's probably good​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    I picked one up on my main science character tonight and upgraded it to mk xv gold, it's +39.4% boosts to non-hazard dots, fire/plasma/radiation/physical damage at that level.

problem is... where do I put it? I'm already in a t6x ship with my consoles all maxxed out, it's hard to find one that's worth giving up.

At this point I'm thinking constriction anchor. I never use the active effect on it, and it only gives +25.3% bonus exotic damage, which the fek'ihri console seems to trump except it doesn't apply to hazards (It'd really help if we had a clear definition of what "hazards" are, and which abilities the console actually boosts)
  • Options
    jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I picked one up on my main science character tonight and upgraded it to mk xv gold, it's +39.4% boosts to non-hazard dots, fire/plasma/radiation/physical damage at that level.

problem is... where do I put it? I'm already in a t6x ship with my consoles all maxxed out, it's hard to find one that's worth giving up.

At this point I'm thinking constriction anchor. I never use the active effect on it, and it only gives +25.3% bonus exotic damage, which the fek'ihri console seems to trump except it doesn't apply to hazards (It'd really help if we had a clear definition of what "hazards" are, and which abilities the console actually boosts)

Hazards are things like gravity well, or sub space vortex , or very cold in space, effectively plopped down AOEs that leave a hazardous area

This console boosts your DOTs that don't do that, the biggest one being the deteriorating DOT on the secondary deflector.

constriction anchor is hard to drop since its cat 2 damage and the torment engine is cat 1. If your full up on those lab focusers that's the easiest drop as 40 EPG isn't gonna have as much impact as 25% cat 2 damage
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    There appears to be some related things also being discussed in this thread.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    jagdtier44 wrote: »

Hazards are things like gravity well, or sub space vortex , or very cold in space, effectively plopped down AOEs that leave a hazardous area

This console boosts your DOTs that don't do that, the biggest one being the deteriorating DOT on the secondary deflector.

constriction anchor is hard to drop since its cat 2 damage and the torment engine is cat 1. If your full up on those lab focusers that's the easiest drop as 40 EPG isn't gonna have as much impact as 25% cat 2 damage

Thanks.

I did a bit of testing with tooltips outside ESD last night, and you were right about constriction anchor, it was a much bigger damage loss.

I ended up swapping out Disruption pulse emitter instead, so I lost that active and 21.4 EPG/Control expertise, but it was the lowest passive benefit console I had, everything else was 30+ EPG or cat1 boosts like constriction anchor.

So far the change looks pretty good, I'm getting a good bit more damage out of Chronometric Inversion Field, Temporal Fracture, Anti-Time Entanglement Singularity, Delphic Tear, and a much higher damage out of destabilizing resonance beam and the deteriorating deflector dot.

Kinda wish i had plasma storm module, but I havent gotten ahold of the maquis raider yet.
This discussion has been closed.