What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is the best Klingon melee weapon?

2»

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    duasyn wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The Bat'leth of Sto'vo'kor is a Klingon Recruit reward. You have to earn it first by playing a Klingon Recruit, then get a certain amount of melee kills to unlock for the whole account.

Plus, unlike many melee weapons this one has a built in charge so you can get to your target faster than normal running. Once I saw I needed 2500 kills I dumped the Cardassian I had started (I like the racial trait Recalled Tactics) and made a Ferasan so I could get Pounce to go along with Lunge and be flying all over the place! :D And then spent some of my stipend to get a Ferasan Boff to join me in the melee frenzy. >:)

AFAIK melee from boffs does not count for the recruit reward.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Since the patch, the recruit event's Batleth has a really good charge. Makes it allot easier.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    The Emperor's Sword is a great melee weapon! I highly recommend it
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    The Emperor's Sword is a great melee weapon! I highly recommend it

That's from the Lobi store isn't it? I'll have to check it out once back in-game.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Yes it is. It seems to have a longer range than the Bat'leth and it has a feature that can call in a Terran assault squad to help you.
    indyshark wrote: »
    Yes it is. It seems to have a longer range than the Bat'leth and it has a feature that can call in a Terran assault squad to help you.

Nice :-)
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    How I melee in RPG mode -
    • Pick a melee weapon that you like.
    • If on a mission consider equipping your away team with melee weapons as well. You'll have a harder time drawing threat if the rest of your team has full auto rifles and they are trained in AoE attacks. Know how to toggle them to passive.
    • Ground traits like aggressive and using threatening stance can help with targeting.
    • There are some things in-game like Founders who are immune to physical damage.
    • Use the tab key to acquire a target if you don't have one.
    • Press buttons 1-3 to melee. I use my left hand and ring, middle, and index fingers.
    • Press buttons tilde and 4-7 for buffs and other stuff. I use my mouse and it's pointer with my right hand.
    • Continue to press tab with your little finger to acquire more targets.
    • Press the space bar with your thumb to hop over objects.
    • Don't forget the R key for auto-move-forward. I use my index finger.
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Dual nanopulse mek'leths work fine on borg if you just use the secondary attack, they don't/can't adapt
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
    chanfron66 wrote: »
    Dual nanopulse mek'leths work fine on borg if you just use the secondary attack, they don't/can't adapt

Good tip!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    chanfron66 wrote: »

Great tip.. this works quite well. I can't believe I didn't even notice that attack 2 was a pure physical with the Mek'leth's.. that's pretty great. They slice through Borg pretty nicely.

Another neat item I discovered was the Personalized Spatial Trajector, this thing is really cool. It doesn't have a Wiki entry yet, but here is the description provided by Cryptic.
    Personalized Spatial Trajector

Activate to undertake a sudden jump through local space. This will instantly move you in the direction of whatever you currently have targeted. If nothing is targeted, you move instead straight forward in the direction currently you are currently facing.

Teleport 10m toward targeted Foe (or forward if no Foe is selected)
    Holds 3 Charges, recovers one Charge each 6 sec
    Per charge used, gain a stacking bonus to Dodge % for 8sec

This thing is great for closing the gap on ranged attackers.. and the best part is.. no one seems to want these. You can grab them for 25-30k EC off the exchange. They're practically free.
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.