test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cross-faction consoles need to remain available

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
If I'm not mistaken, cross-faction consoles packages were removed from the infinity lockboxes. The reason for this is that Klingon and Federation ships can now be played by all characters - and their consoles thus obtained through the C-store.

What was either overlooked or ignored, is that many of the consoles available through these packages, have never been available through other means than those packages. You can't buy a poloymorphic probe array, a plasma wave or a sticky web console through the C-store.

These consoles were cheap ways, especially for newer players, to basically add another tactical console to your ship. It helped make certain builds viable on ships that don't have that many tac console slots. Besides that, some could find them to be fun to use.

They need to be made accessible again. Already, their prices are increasing and supply on the Exchange is clearly diminishing - it'll likely be only a matter of time before they become too expensive and inaccessible for the average player.
Yes, the alien consoles can still be obtained by buying the ships or maybe by opening the old lock boxes that they first appeared in. But the ships are way to expensive (no one should be expected to pay a couple of hundreds of millions of EC when the consoles used to cost only a couple of million EC) to be purchased just to get a console. And the old lock boxes also suffer from diminishing supply issues since they no longer drop.

Please consider putting the alien consoles in the C-store, the Phoenix store or re-add cross-faction console packages to the infinity box drop table, if necessary without the Klingon- and Federation-specific consoles.
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure that the consoles you're talking about are still available. The pack was Cross-Faction or Salvaged Consoles, likely now it's just Salvaged which will include those you're talking about. I can't confirm positively, as i opened all of mine into KDF DPRM consoles shortly after the announcement. Given that immediately opening all a player had of those packs as Cross-faction ones should be the logical response, that's likely the reason for the price surge you're seeing, as all of those from Infinity Packs are ones after the elimination, which puts them in shorter supply temporarily since there are fewer boxes to make them from. Well, that or that we just got a massive influx of new characters and players due to the Recruitment Event.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    tom61sto wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that the consoles you're talking about are still available. The pack was Cross-Faction or Salvaged Consoles, likely now it's just Salvaged which will include those you're talking about. I can't confirm positively, as i opened all of mine into KDF DPRM consoles shortly after the announcement. Given that immediately opening all a player had of those packs as Cross-faction ones should be the logical response, that's likely the reason for the price surge you're seeing, as all of those from Infinity Packs are ones after the elimination, which puts them in shorter supply temporarily since there are fewer boxes to make them from. Well, that or that we just got a massive influx of new characters and players due to the Recruitment Event.

^ this

Throw in a little player greed and dilithium exchange being near or at cap...bam you got the situation

Do you think people care about new players? All they care about is old players buying their new recruits these items. New players don't have much EC so they don't matter...plus Devs would be all too happy if they opened their wallets to make everything easier
  • Options
    edited February 2021

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Infinity_Prize_Pack:_Cross-Faction_or_Salvaged_Console

It's the same pack. Klingon, Federation and all the other consoles came from the same package, which has been removed from the infinity box.

Which is especially problematic for the consoles near the bottom of the list on that wiki-page, since they are only available from discontinued boxes now.

Yes, the consoles are still available. For now. Because there may be some players who still had some packs lying around. But what I'm pointing out here, is that supply has dried up. There is no influx of new consoles. Anyone who wants to get a Polymorphic probe array a couple of months from now will likely have to spend unreasonable amounts of EC or get his hands on some discontinued Herald boxes and open those.

They're not even available from ships as I mistakenly assumed. That means supply is not just limited temporarily, but permanently.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    lianthelia wrote: »

^ this

Throw in a little player greed and dilithium exchange being near or at cap...bam you got the situation

Do you think people care about new players? All they care about is old players buying their new recruits these items. New players don't have much EC so they don't matter...plus Devs would be all too happy if they opened their wallets to make everything easier

New players certainly don't have the tens of millions of EC that these consoles will soon cost.

They used to cost a couple of million EC. That's doable, everyone can get that amount with a few days of endeavours. If greed is anyone's concern, they should oppose this change because it's only good for those who have these retired packages and who will soon make a fortune out of a single console - it's bad for the rest of the players.

• Options
    (Just to clarify: Players who never open lock boxes may not know what this is about - I would suggest they look at this Wiki page https://sto.gamepedia.com/Infinity_Prize_Pack:_Cross-Faction_or_Salvaged_Console

Also, I may be wrong about all of this. I'm basing this thread on this announcement:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483253-command-any-ship
    Since players will now have a way to access Starships they previously could not, we have chosen to remove many “Cross-Faction Packs” that were previously available in places like the Lobi Store, and some Lock Box or Promo Packs. The packs we’re referring to are those that contained only the Console, Starship Trait, and similar items, and were offered to members of the opposite faction when a certain premium Starship could not be flown by their chosen faction.

which is not very clear. Either they entirely removed the 'Cross-faction or Salvaged console' pack that could be obtained from the Infinity box, or they only removed some consoles that were inside that pack.
    If anyone can confirm that they can still get a polymorphic probe array or a sticky web console for example, from the infinity box, all is fine. If not, they need to address this issue.)

• Options
    sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    I'm a player who regularly opens Infinity Lock Boxes, and I can confirm that the only consoles that have been removed from the Console pack are the ones from previously faction-exclusive ships. Other consoles like the Constriction Anchor, Delphic Tear Generator, Sticky Web, Polymorphic Probe Array, and so on are still available from it.
  • Options
    sci321 wrote: »
    I'm a player who regularly opens Infinity Lock Boxes, and I can confirm that the only consoles that have been removed from the Console pack are the ones from previously faction-exclusive ships. Other consoles like the Constriction Anchor, Delphic Tear Generator, Sticky Web, Polymorphic Probe Array, and so on are still available from it.

Ok, but does the pack that rewards these consoles also still drop when you open an infinity box?

• Options
    sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User

Ok, but does the pack that rewards these consoles also still drop when you open an infinity box?

Yes.
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    So freaking glad I bought my main's dprm ages ago.
  • Options

Yes.

Ok, that's good to know. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.