test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So what is the next story arc going to be?

Comments

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    strathkin wrote: »
    Hopefully disco dies with season 3
    Season 4 already green lit. Get bent.

Yea for Discovery Season IV! I realize some may disagree, yet I'm greatly enjoying Discovery evolution; in fact enjoyed it from very early on. The only thing that's rubbed me the wrong way, was the change to Klingons. They did improve it a bit in Season 2, but I still like the TNG/DS9/Voyager & yes Enterprise Klingon look far more!

Though I'm also looking forward to Strange New Worlds as well, ...

I agree with strathkin, these shows are adding plenty of content to the game & the Devs were running out of ideas before these shows aired.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2021
    Well I'm just happy to mostly see CBS/Viacom come together with renewed focus on Star Trek. The point I had tried to make on the earlier page, simply as it will be 30 years this October 24th that Gene Roddenberry left us. :'(
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    I never got into Discovery too many holes, too much flip flopping, but I think season four they may find there footing. As for star trek online. There are several older Borg missions that were removed over the years. I would like to see them back. I would also like to see the Borg Return, as they adapt. This is a staple aspect of the Borg. We have yet to take on anything like star trek armada IIs Fusion Cube. For those that dont know thats when they combine 8 cubes to form one. The Borg red alert needs to be made very tough again. The unimatrix and its old torp spread could one shot peoples ships if they did not brace for impact in time.

I just feel the way the Borg is in the game now is not really done as well as it could be. Feels kinda of scattered shot right now.
  • robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    I would love to do a mission in where we find a cure to help the Vidians.

They're an alien species from the Voyager series who suffer from a pandemic called "The Phage".
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User

They're an alien species from the Voyager series who suffer from a pandemic called "The Phage".

In Season 5 of Voyager, we learn a group called the "Think Tank" helped cure the Vidians. So in canon they are already cured.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »

In Season 5 of Voyager, we learn a group called the "Think Tank" helped cure the Vidians. So in canon they are already cured.

Yep, that alien species is called the Hierarchy.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    They need to finish or improve that voth storyline.
    My favorite season so far but the story kinda just ends.

But more likely a year of exploration will happen where the purpose will be to find new sources of dilithium because the federation sees its reserves decreasing.
    Post edited by chalpen on
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    I'd personally be happy with just about anything that didn't have TRIBBLE taint on it.
  • phoeniz1994phoeniz1994 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    chalpen wrote: »

But more likely a year of exploration will happen where the purpose will be to find new sources of dilithium because the federation sees its reserves decreasing.
    A. The Voth storyline was finished. They were invading the Dyson Sphere to get omega molicules to create a barrier between their space, and the invading Borg. We beat them out of the contested zone, force them out of the ground Battlezone, and then the Undine come in and blew them out of the area they had set up in. They tried to retake it at the end of the Undine Battlezone event series, but we stopped that also.

The arrival of the Vaadwaur, as well as continued attacks from the Voth, Undine, Borg Cooperative, and later, the Delta Alliance, pushed the Borg Collective to the brink. So much so that the Borg Queen tried to re-assimilate Cooperative ships to rebuild the Borg's numbers. But we stop that in the "Borg Disconnected" TFO, which also sees the death of the Borg Queen(again) as well as the Voth and Undine laying waste to the Borg's Unicomplex. With the Borg taking such massive loses, as well as the Delta Alliance being around to take care of any more Borg attacks, the Voth don't really need to get omega anymore, since the Borg aren't really an issue anymore.

Unless the Borg get their hands on new tech, Iconians, Mycelial ( and any new stuff that would come around ) might prove a good source for the Borg to reinvent themselves ( and in Quark's Lucky 7 mission we kind of tread that the Borg are on to something), T'Ket as fallen victim to the Hurk, Very weakened, who's to say that the Borg won't take the advantag of it a some point?

0he9rXF.png
  • diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    So, based on what Somtaawkhar is saying all those stories are complete as of 2412. When we go back and play in those battle zones and TFO’s/patrols over and over again, it must be as a recollection of the past, a simulation, or some sort of time travel. By the current game year of 2411/2412 those battles were already done, so we should be off to some other new story arc.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    So, based on what Somtaawkhar is saying all those stories are complete as of 2412. When we go back and play in those battle zones and TFO’s/patrols over and over again, it must be as a recollection of the past, a simulation, or some sort of time travel. By the current game year of 2411/2412 those battles were already done, so we should be off to some other new story arc.
    yes, same way in WoW being able to run The Burning Crusade content in Shadowlands max level doesn't mean that TBC Storylines haven't ended or in FF14 doing ARR content at max level in Shadowbringers doesn't mean that specific plot points of ARR didn't happen.

Allowing access to content that has in storyline ended is common in MMOs even SWTOR that's really story heavy doesn't prevent access to content you have already completed.

Oh and redoing missions in STO is said explicitly to be a holodeck recreation of said events.
  • mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    Hopefully disco dies with season 3
    Season 4 already green lit. Get bent.

Yea for Discovery Season IV! I realize some may disagree, yet I'm greatly enjoying Discovery evolution

Oh, you'd better believe I disagree. Even without the Star Trek branding, Discovery would be one of the worst television shows of the last 20 years.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

We're not in 2412, YET. We actually just hit 2411 with the Excalbian stuff and now the Klingon Civil War. The next story arc will also likely be counted towards the 2411, until Cryptic says we're out of 2411 and onto 2412.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    Maybe a story arc based on Romulan content, we founded New Romulus in 2409 and yet in the span of 2 in game years nothing got done, we're well pass the development stage, we now need a New Romulus social zone with houses and buildings
  • faxmachine#9639 faxmachine Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    OP asks people what they think the next story arc should be.

OP proceeds to rip apart every idea he doesn't like.

What a joke of a thread.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    I would bet it on more content from Picard. Maybe to explore the origin of the Borg with Seven of Nine, perhaps the introduction of the Khalagu (ancient machine race) as the Borg creators and as another huge villain?
    Playable Synth (Picard has synthetic body now), maybe another actors from Picard as VO.
    It would probably make more sense than embarking on Discovery season 3.
    What I wish? Visit Cardassia. Barclay as emperor the mirror universe would also be good ;)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2021
    Maybe a story arc based on Romulan content, we founded New Romulus in 2409 and yet in the span of 2 in game years nothing got done, we're well pass the development stage, we now need a New Romulus social zone with houses and buildings
    The New Romulus city only really began construction in mid 2410, and in the 1 year since then its been attacked by the Iconians, who destroyed a lot of it.

Yea I'm just surprised in the 10+ years we've only really seen 2410, maybe only now barely approaching 2411, I'd like to see the story advance into 2412-2413.

I'd welcome going back to New Romulus, perhaps able to explore the Reman (Caverns) of New Romulus. Still I like that Discovery confirms reunification occurred with the Romulan's and Vulcan's, even if it was several centuries after Spock's passing when they reunited on Vulcan--even though at the time of Picard, that's likely what more of the story is going to be about.

While I think STO may explore Cardassia & Badlands story as well, both surely have potential for sure. Also welcome a bit more exploration of area's of the Alpha, and even the Gamma Quadrants. Be even nice to see Gamma Quadrant expanded a little bit more!

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Gamma_Quadrant_species

I'm sure what ever they have planned it will be interesting. :)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

What a joke of a thread.

Its not about what they think it should be, more like what it MIGHT be, based on the stuff that Cryptic has personally left hanging, such as the unresolved Terran Empire stuff with Mirror Leeta AND Mirror Tilly still out there.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    The New Romulus city only really began construction in mid 2410, and in the 1 year since then its been attacked by the Iconians, who destroyed a lot of it.

Well it's not like time was of any concern in this game. Look at all the events that happened within just one year. Klingon-Federation war, Klingon-Federation alliance, Klingon civil war, Iconian war, Temporal war, Voth war, Vaadwaur war, Hur'q war.. we got promoted from ensign to Master of the Universe.. ESD got almost completely destroyed and was rebuild... In light of that, a finished Romulan capital wouldn't break game lore surely.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User

What a joke of a thread.

That's what he does, only his ideas are valid. Everything else is just, nope. My advice is just ignore him, he does nothing but argue with people on the forum all day.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    chalpen wrote: »

A. The Voth storyline was finished. They were invading the Dyson Sphere to get omega molicules to create a barrier between their space, and the invading Borg. We beat them out of the contested zone, force them out of the ground Battlezone, and then the Undine come in and blew them out of the area they had set up in. They tried to retake it at the end of the Undine Battlezone event series, but we stopped that also.

The arrival of the Vaadwaur, as well as continued attacks from the Voth, Undine, Borg Cooperative, and later, the Delta Alliance, pushed the Borg Collective to the brink. So much so that the Borg Queen tried to re-assimilate Cooperative ships to rebuild the Borg's numbers. But we stop that in the "Borg Disconnected" TFO, which also sees the death of the Borg Queen(again) as well as the Voth and Undine laying waste to the Borg's Unicomplex. With the Borg taking such massive loses, as well as the Delta Alliance being around to take care of any more Borg attacks, the Voth don't really need to get omega anymore, since the Borg aren't really an issue anymore.

B. The Federation's dilthium reserves only begin to run out around the year 3000 or so, according to Dsicovery S3.
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Yep, that alien species is called the Hierarchy.
    The Hierarchy have nothing to do with the Think Tank, or the Viidians getting cured.
    Voth:
    Ok fine about the voth. You are correct.

Dilithium sink:
    (Plot crafting time) But the federation realized it was happening and for many centuries before shortages started and tried to fix/stop it from happening through mining and finding new deposits.
    Their was a conference as early as 2410 that tried to other solutions but an attack occurred (because attacks at conferences always happen).
    This launched the age of exploration.

Come on, this story writes itself.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
    If I were them I would stay away from the Dilithium story line, it has a major hole in it. Romulan use forced singularity drives to power there ships, not warp cores that rely on Dilithium. Seems more problematic then anything.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User

I agree with this 100%. It's time, I should think, for more Romulan content and for some progress to be shown on New Romulus.
    Having a proper city would be really cool and would help us move forward from the Stagin Area and surrounding zones while, hopefully, still being maintained as an adventure map on top of being a social zone.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    Let me be more specific clearly it states that ordinary war drives need dilithium crystals to as you say control warp drive. Why would you need that if your using essentially a black hole to power your ship, which obviously at least to me means your way ahead everyone else tech wise. You are right they do make that notation in Nemesis. Its possible Dlithium is being used for another piece of Romulan tech. Though no facts to support that last statement, just spit balling that one.

You also said "Dilthium does not power warp drives for anyone, anywhere." Your telling me in the year season four is to take place, there's nothing in the galaxy to focus that energy? To the point I just think its a bad story line to chase after in sto. Too much conjecture. Not enough facts to fill it all in. So hitching a new sto storyline to it does not seem wise.

This of course is just an opinion of mine.
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    I want to see more of New Remus. We can only just barely see it from staging area.
This discussion has been closed.