test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Endeavour system complete !

Comments

• poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    As of today, my endeavours are complete and the info box turned off in the HUD. If I get any from now on, they'll be accidental. :)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    What the 450 already really means is that those people never went on Vacation or somewhere were they couldn't bring a laptop. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    > @poddli said:
    > As of today, my endeavours are complete and the info box turned off in the HUD. If I get any from now on, they'll be accidental. :)

Congratulations. Good job. :)

Think in a week I can join the party.

That is till we get the next set of perks.

Any update as to when this is supposed to happen?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I'm still a ways from maxing everything out (350ish if I recall correctly) which is kind'a a good thing since I won't loose too many of those perk points my KDF recruit may earn. But I am curious and have a question to those of you who have maxed out the perks. Do we keep banking perk points? Is there an alternative reward for filling up the endeavor xp bar once everything is maxed? Or the only incentive the endeavor boxes?
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    What the 450 already really means is that those people never went on Vacation or somewhere were they couldn't bring a laptop. :)

I normally hit Vegas twice a year for vacation, and sometimes hit a Texas beach or another state, but in 2020 (the year of Covid), I chose to avoid crowds and thus vacationed on Risa instead (plus spent lots of time earning endeavors).
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    I'm at 440 myself. ^_^​​
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Patch notes:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11484033

New max level: 600. New level per perk: 20.

Looks like you were right @strathkin .
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Any update as to when this is supposed to happen?
    Nope. Just sometime in the future.

Oki, think we know it today. Much faster than I would have guessed.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Got to keep people logging in and grinding.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Keep them hamsters spinning those wheels a bit longer till 600. Now that is what I would consider a "power-creep".
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Another observation today: green and yellow endev levels did add XP to the pool, but red level did not. Adding the red level would of exceeded a rank value, so I guess there's a limitation.

So clearly there's no more points to earn.
    Next I will have to somehow see if on the new KDF special character the endev XP is counted. If it's not, there's a problem.

Even after today's expansion of the system to 600 possible points, no xp added for the universal. so we may be delayed in adding the new points for a bit. Also noticed that, while reroll tokens used are still subtracted from the total, new ones earned don't add to the total so far. We also still can't open the Klingon Recruit Endeavor reward box with the point in it, but it now has an error message sayin that it's "blocked by the developers."
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    after today's patch, I logged in to find my box was missing, but perk point was automatically added, so it took a week but my double-click action on the box finally finished.

And in another piece of good news, all perks were expanded 5 slots so it will be another year before I can max them out.

But with good news, there is always bad news....when I went to spend my perk point today, the 3 random perk selections I had to choose from were not good ones. :(
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    Any of you finishers got that extra Perk point from Recruit Reward Box what couldn't be opened?
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
    Any of you finishers got that extra Perk point from Recruit Reward Box what couldn't be opened?

Yes, on first login after today's patch, the box was gone and my endeavor light was flashing (1 perk point from the box had been added).

Yes, on first login after today's patch, the box was gone and my endeavor light was flashing (1 perk point from the box had been added).

Ok so i guess its not a common thing then.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Yesterday ones I did had done already at the patch time, for the crates, but the Uni I did after the patch and it did not add any EXP.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    after today's patch, I logged in to find my box was missing, but perk point was automatically added, so it took a week but my double-click action on the box finally finished.

And in another piece of good news, all perks were expanded 5 slots so it will be another year before I can max them out.

But with good news, there is always bad news....when I went to spend my perk point today, the 3 random perk selections I had to choose from were not good ones. :(

So you're at 451 points, then? I ask because my box also disappeared, but there's no point to spend and I'm still at 450.
    Yesterday ones I did had done already at the patch time, for the crates, but the Uni I did after the patch and it did not add any EXP.

Nothing from today's endeavors, either, still at 450 and 16,649 xp to the next point.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    edited February 2021
    anodynes wrote: »
    So you're at 451 points, then? I ask because my box also disappeared, but there's no point to spend and I'm still at 450.

I was only at level 435 at the time and the box took me to 436 when I logged in after patch.
    (I was unaffected by the bug that blocked endeavor exp for people who hit endeavor level 450 before the patch -- that issue should be fixed in the 2/12 patch).
    There is a thread on Reddit where somebody claims the ninja nerfed the Endeavor System https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/lii9bc/endeavor_nerf_with_no_other_changes_to_my/ anybody knows of any issues?
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    There is a thread on Reddit where somebody claims the ninja nerfed the Endeavor System https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/lii9bc/endeavor_nerf_with_no_other_changes_to_my/ anybody knows of any issues?

It's not a claim, but a reality unfortunately.
    STO20thCenturyFaux, which is one of STO's system designers, has confirmed it in that very thread, while also saying that they've got a fix and will deploy it when possible:
    STO20thCenturyFaux Systems Designer 16 hours ago
    Got it in one. We've got a fix planned, we'll be getting it in ASAP

(Link to the specific post: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/lii9bc/endeavor_nerf_with_no_other_changes_to_my/gn459li?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3)

Same think from Kael:
    ambassadorkael Community Manager 15 hours ago
    Hey folks! Borticus discovered that there was an issue with the math internally. This has been fixed and will be in an upcoming update.

(Link to the specific post: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/lii9bc/endeavor_nerf_with_no_other_changes_to_my/gn4bylv?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3)
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    50 endev points on a klink recruit. solo toon doing this...yeah, those boxes will be forever, or darn near, never to be claimed. maybe the first two. lol

It's very doable, at least now that they expanded endevor cap to 600...prior to the cap I would have only been able to finish the first 2 boxes before getting capped at 450.

My klingon recruit is already 20% of the way to the 50 perk reward. Just do the 3 daily endeavors and the 3x a week (but small) global endeavor. The 5 and 10% perk exp bumps your recruit gets will also help speed it up. even if there were no bonus and no 3x a week 400 pt gold box endeavor, the daily perk exp of 11,840 would hit goal of 50 perk points in 84 days. with the exp bonus and gold box perks, its closer to 75 days.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

It's not a claim, but a reality unfortunately.
    STO20thCenturyFaux, which is one of STO's system designers, has confirmed it in that very thread, while also saying that they've got a fix and will deploy it when possible:
    STO20thCenturyFaux Systems Designer 16 hours ago
    Got it in one. We've got a fix planned, we'll be getting it in ASAP

(Link to the specific post: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/lii9bc/endeavor_nerf_with_no_other_changes_to_my/gn459li?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3)

Same think from Kael:
    ambassadorkael Community Manager 15 hours ago
    Hey folks! Borticus discovered that there was an issue with the math internally. This has been fixed and will be in an upcoming update.

(Link to the specific post: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/lii9bc/endeavor_nerf_with_no_other_changes_to_my/gn4bylv?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3)

That's why I didn't go all nuts when I saw this.. I figured it was probably a mistake. Good to know that suspicion was correct and that it's going to be patched soon.

Thank you so much for passing it on. :sunglasses:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    actually only 19.6% done, will hit 20% tomorrow morning which I'll celebrate by eating a banana split for breakfast while I play.
This discussion has been closed.