test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Endeavor system expanded from 450 to 600 skill points

foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
"All Endeavor Perks have had their max ranks increased from 15 to 20, allowing additional Perk Points to be spent in all of the existing Perks.
This, in turn, raises the maximum Endeavor Rank from 450 to 600"

Well, wasnt expecting it this fast captains

Source: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11484033-pc-patch-notes-for-2/10/21
pjxgwS8.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Just before I even reach 450 lol.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Man.. what a relief. The biggest issue this game had was that Endeavors didn't grant enough power already. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Man.. what a relief. The biggest issue this game had was that Endeavors didn't grant enough power already. :lol:

Truer words were never spoken. :'(

At least our recruits will have small purpose now which feels worth while. They should iindeed cut off a few weeks of the grind now so lets take that. :)

In any case, thanks for info @foxman00
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    At least our recruits will have small purpose now which feels worth while.

Good point, that is indeed a big plus.
  • smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    What I would have preferred is a system where you could restart and all the original endeavors provided 10% of their original value but would stack with the new endeavors you earn. Fill it again, repeat it again.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User

Agreed, though I would have preferred having *new* perks instead of just more power added to the same ones we already have.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    edited February 2021

Agreed, though I would have preferred having *new* perks instead of just more power added to the same ones we already have.

Yea me too, not to mention new tasks. :)

I guess they wanted/needed to make it a minimum effort thingy for them. I mean every of the Xth reputation system or Xth spec tree/ship developement we got in the past suddently feel like major game releases by comparison now. :D
    animated.gif
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    Sigh .... Just as I was so close to completing the existing perks. Would of preferred new perks, but expanding it longer will do :)

I guess they wanted/needed to make it a minimum effort thingy for them. I mean every of the Xth reputation system or Xth spec tree/ship developement we got in the past suddently feel like major game releases by comparison now. :D

You're not wrong. And once again, whose "fault" is that?

I mean, math is math... they knew when the Klingon Recruit would go live, they also knew the earliest possible day on which people could get to 450 points. They also knew, because they can see that (this time, the database seems to work perfectly, eh?), that there was indeed people that would reach the 450 points on the earliest possible day... and still, they didn't prepare accordingly.

Like, it would've been so simple to either switch the endeavour system so as to allow the continuing accruing of points or, barring that, simply let the xp accumulate and don't award anything (I'm against introducing more dilithium in the system, so no repetition of what happens when you max out all the specs, please!).
    Instead, they did nothing and now, as per usual, they had to run to fix their own mistake.
    It's like they can't see further than their own noses, I swear. Do they even know what "planning ahead" means?
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
    Is this a way to tell us hey we have no clue how to count the xp for the klingon recruit for the people who are already done with the endeavor system ? I mean don't get me wrong I like more power but time for that is rather awkward.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.

I mean, math is math... they knew when the Klingon Recruit would go live, they also knew the earliest possible day on which people could get to 450 points. They also knew, because they can see that (this time, the database seems to work perfectly, eh?), that there was indeed people that would reach the 450 points on the earliest possible day... and still, they didn't prepare accordingly.

Like, it would've been so simple to either switch the endeavour system so as to allow the continuing accruing of points or, barring that, simply let the xp accumulate and don't award anything (I'm against introducing more dilithium in the system, so no repetition of what happens when you max out all the specs, please!).
    Instead, they did nothing and now, as per usual, they had to run to fix their own mistake.
    It's like they can't see further than their own noses, I swear. Do they even know what "planning ahead" means?

This is my biggest issue as well. I am curious why they made a recruit objective to earn endeavor XP when they had to know that many people were at or very near the maximum level already.

We hear a lot about how they have metrics for these things and how they can tell how many people have reached certain levels of progress but then a release like this seems to blind side them. It seems like they were surprised by the fact that some people wouldn't be able to earn that many more points and just added 5 levels to everything as a 'quick fix.'
    edited February 2021

This is my biggest issue as well. I am curious why they made a recruit objective to earn endeavor XP when they had to know that many people were at or very near the maximum level already.

We hear a lot about how they have metrics for these things and how they can tell how many people have reached certain levels of progress but then a release like this seems to blind side them. It seems like they were surprised by the fact that some people wouldn't be able to earn that many more points and just added 5 levels to everything as a 'quick fix.'

Well, the first thing I thought when I saw the Endeavour objective was: "ok, now they're timegating the recruit events, too" because even with the 10% perk, there's still no way for you to complete it quickly and at your own time. You *have* to wait for reset each day.
    But I hadn't realized that the recruit would coincide with people actually getting to 450 points.

Now, as you said, it seems like they counted on people not being *that* close to being done with the endeavour? Like, I remember a tweet by Borticus (I think it was him, at least) asking people what their endeavour level was because he had seen claims going around that didn't coincide with what data they could see... so it's one of two things: they lied and didn't make the math, so they wanted to check what "deadline" they had to work with, or they knew and simply didn't care to adjust accordingly.

Both cases are... disheartening, to say the least.
    kv1Ohsx.png

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    So... how often is this going to happen?

Will players who don't play every day ever be able to catch up?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    edited February 2021
    so it's one of two things: they lied and didn't make the math, so they wanted to check what "deadline" they had to work with, or they knew and simply didn't care to adjust accordingly.

Sadly, those are the same two options I came to as well.

I'll take the 'band aid' fix.. more power for us.. but like you, I would have preferred some new tracks to chase as opposed to just adding 5 more points to the tracks I already completed.

On the bright side, at least they didn't leave people high and dry and just do nothing. :wink:
    so it's one of two things: they lied and didn't make the math, so they wanted to check what "deadline" they had to work with, or they knew and simply didn't care to adjust accordingly.

Sadly, those are the same two options I came to as well.

I'll take the 'band aid' fix.. more power for us.. but like you, I would have preferred some new tracks to chase as opposed to just adding 5 more points to the tracks I already completed.

On the bright side, at least they didn't leave people high and dry and just do nothing. :wink:

Oh, for sure! I mean, I'm glad the people that have maxed out the Endeavours can still progress with their recruit. It would've been bad otherwise!

And yeah, nothing we can do but take the lazy way out, I guess. Maybe we'll still get some entirely new perks to work towards in the future.
    kv1Ohsx.png

I don't understand something.

The Encrypted Klingon Receiver says: 'Complete Endeavor missions. Requires level 15'.

I've just reached level 15 and I can't see the endeavours on my recruit.

I guess I'll just wait until the reset tomorrow.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    So, things almost explode in normal TFOs as soon as a high DPS/Endeavour points player looks at them as it is. Why not just save time and grant full rewards as soon as the system detects a 450+ points player joining a normal TFO?

I can see the AFK Penalty complaint posts being warmed up as we speak.

The Encrypted Klingon Receiver says: 'Complete Endeavor missions. Requires level 15'.

I don't know why it says that either, but Endeavors don't unlock until Level 60.

I don't know why it says that either, but Endeavors don't unlock until Level 60.

Hm, I was afraid of that :/

edited February 2021

I'm afraid not Risian, at least not for the better part of another year. :/

As Chiara & Sea elaborate its a "just in time" thingy here with most likely min effort involved from the Devs. They want us to simply continue the grind. And yea, those who can't do so on a daily basis are unable to catch on for as long as there is no end to the system in sight.

The only thing good I make of it is that it has an account wide philosophy and most tasks can be min/maxed to be fulfilled realy fast. I did some arrangement ony my new recruit so that she can do all tasks from now on. 10% faster should shave 3 weeks or so off the 150 points that get added after patch.

If you feel like catching on thats the only way that works as 10% of a now 3 year lasting progression curve would be substantially more. :)
    animated.gif
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    No biggy, I'm only at 199 so far, right now. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    I kinda liked having all the Perks I cared about being completed back when at about 200 total spent, personally. I need to poke at the rewards from the new Recuitment thing, to see if it's really worthwhile to go full tilt only on that character for Endeavors, or if it'd really make that much of a dent in things. Though, I'm guessing I won't quite be as lucky on getting the stuff I wanted maxed out as easily this time.
  • iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    I didn't pay attention to the endeavor system for a long time, so this isn't that big of a deal to me... but new perks for those already maxed out would have been nice... would have slowed me getting the ones i want even more though. Unless there is some way to change the perk picks that i don't know about(you know where the system chooses 3 and you can pick 1 of those)
    so since the system is account wide, why cant many of us see the rewards for the system on the new toons?
    am i wrong in understanding then that they want the new klink toons to do 15 endeavors before the first reward is available?
    im confused a tad on this wording and how they expect us to fill the requirements.

also, the random tfo requirements...ugh. :)

Uh... what? O.o
    kv1Ohsx.png

• darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    so since the system is account wide, why cant many of us see the rewards for the system on the new toons?
    am i wrong in understanding then that they want the new klink toons to do 15 endeavors before the first reward is available?
    im confused a tad on this wording and how they expect us to fill the requirements.

also, the random tfo requirements...ugh. :)

The Endeavour system does not become visible on a character to around level 60 - the 15 I think you refer to was the maximum points you could have in any one endeavour prior to this change (for example Space: Energy Weapon Damage), which has now been increased to 20 maximum, with 30 endeavours x 5 giving you the total increase in points from 450 to 600.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    foxman00 wrote: »
    "All Endeavor Perks have had their max ranks increased from 15 to 20, allowing additional Perk Points to be spent in all of the existing Perks.
    This, in turn, raises the maximum Endeavor Rank from 450 to 600"

Well, wasnt expecting it this fast captains

Source: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11484033-pc-patch-notes-for-2/10/21

They should invest the time in fixing things around rather to create incessant grind.
    Yes, nobody is forcing this upon anyone but still it would be nice if they could had given us a brief break. Then fix the system and extend the grind some more.

• kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User

</glances at my 20-some points>

Hrm.

Honestly, I never do all of them even when I do log in. Most of them are things I won't do (anything TFO related, for instance). Only 'easy' ones are the "Do X damage of Y type", because I have an alt built for each energy type. And I don't even always do those, depending on what I'd rather spend my time on (like whatever Event is running, and depending on how long I have to play. Like, over the weekend, I focused on using up VIP mining claims on piles of characters. Rest of the time has been my Recruit & anniversary. And my recruit isn't high enough to do Endeavors, and only has one energy type.)
This discussion has been closed.