test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary Vor'cha, massive disappointment

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It is 9.5 because it really was 6.5 but the firestorm made them up it and making it 9.5 instead of 10 makes it look plausible that it was the inevitable Announcement Blog error. See what I did there. ;) .
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    It is 9.5 because it really was 6.5 but the firestorm made them up it and making it 9.5 instead of 10 makes it look plausible that it was the inevitable Announcement Blog error. See what I did there. ;) .

I would be surprised if you were wrong.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    > @darkbladejk said:
    > Simply because they didn't give a ship the exact stats you want, it doesn't cater to your particular build style, or it's not designed to reach 40983749873497 zillion DPS, doesn't make it a bad ship. There are no objectively bad ships in this game, simply ships that don't work as well for particular play styles. What works well for me as a tank may not work as well for a sci captain, or someone looking for pure energy DPS. I hate the mentality that if something isn't catered 100% to the latest flavor of the month DPS or build, that somehow it's a bad ship. There's more to this game than the damage charts. Simply because they didn't include a ship you like, or they included a ship you don't like, does NOT mean they're ignoring what people want or the requests they're getting. Year of Klingon has not now, nor has it ever been about the ships.

Did you reply to anybody particular in this thread? I don’t think so because the ship is bad at everything you mention your post.

Have fun getting and playing it. I will have fun not getting and playing it. What I also will have fun at is to continue to point out every bad ship release that can best be described as a bad joke noob trap in these forums in the future. It’s not remotely worth the price cryptic is asking.

It does seem that darkbladejk was doing some ranting & raving there, almost hostile feeling. Not sure what he was going for with the carnival barking, but what I like & what he usually eventually states is vote with your wallet or something like that. As many of us that might be frowned upon for stating we don't plan to buy this bundle for whatever reason there's him & some others that are already declaring they're going to buy it as an almost no matter what. I'm just disappointed in this bundle.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

I honestly believe it was a typo because the 6.5 number doesn't make sense. And that makes it especially funny when you think about the people who were trying so desperately hard to justify a typo :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    But the vorcha trait honestly looks like the worst one of the 3 so far, we have so many traits like these and I can only see it being useful if your a new player with very few damage traits, and you want to tank some. Even then petal to the metal is probably better.

I honestly believe it was a typo because the 6.5 number doesn't make sense. And that makes it especially funny when you think about the people who were trying so desperately hard to justify a typo :D
    Yah I would be honestly surprised if it actually isn't 10 or close to.
    Post edited by cryptkeeper0 on
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    6.5 turn rate looks really bad
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Also Legendary doesn't always meen better than anything else.
    Please rethink your statement. Legendary is actually supposed to be more "meening"-full. Otherwise we wouldn't pay a premium for it.

• kidinthehall#2744 kidinthehall Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @thegrandnagus1 said:
    > I honestly believe it was a typo because the 6.5 number doesn't make sense. And that makes it especially funny when you think about the people who were trying so desperately hard to justify a typo :D

Not to mention if they were really concerned over what people think the B'Rel wouldn't still only have 4 fore weapons slots.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Legendary is to normal like 'Infamous' is to 'Famous'. :)

https://youtu.be/0b6_i_eSgR8
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Please rethink your statement. Legendary is actually supposed to be more "meening"-full. Otherwise we wouldn't pay a premium for it.

I've already explained my reasoning. Some people will feel another ship is better than a legendary. The main thing that makes these particular classes "Legendary" is that they are well known designs from the history of Star Trek. That doesn't mean that they have to absolutely, without question, outclass anything else in game. And as I have said before, I personally feel my Vizir Command Assault Cruiser is superior to the Miracle Worker Sovy because it fits my playstyle better. However that is my own opinion between the Vizir and Legend Sovy. Just because the Legend Sovy has Legendary in its name doesn't automatically make it the absolute best thing for everyone.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    The 6.5 value was an eyebrow raiser for sure. If it's a bit beefier than the normal Vorcha then 9.5 is fine. Cryptic gets so many typos in their blogs I default to "it's a typo" over "OMG ITS SO SLOW!!!!!" Though seriously, please get someone to proofread blogs before posting. It'd save everyone a lot of drama.
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,588 Arc User
    Was going to say the turn ? But apparently it should be 9.5.... as long as it has the proper amount of vorcha inertia for the backside slide sounds good. And finally a vorcha with a working cloaking device.

If I buy this pack it will probably be for this ship... not that I would end up flying it often. But a proper cloaking vorcha I can dig that.
  • mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Did you reply to anybody particular in this thread? I don’t think so because the ship is bad at everything you mention your post.

Have fun getting and playing it. I will have fun not getting and playing it. What I also will have fun at is to continue to point out every bad ship release that can best be described as a bad joke noob trap in these forums in the future. It’s not remotely worth the price cryptic is asking.

Sometimes I catch myself wondering if even some of the apologists are getting a little weary of having to carry water for this team... but then I see a thread like this, with barely-veiled toadyism on display, and realize that there is apparently no limits to the fawning some people are capable of.

The fact is that it is indeed totally and completely fair to brand some ships as being subpar, especially when we're talking about vessels that Cryptic is asking 30 USD or more for. They designed the game - they wrote the rules, and made certain attributes outright better than others. This isn't about being 'open minded' or not - it's about acknowledging reality; the reality that, within the constraints of STO, some ships are good, and some aren't. And people aren't wrong, or 'too negative,' or even being unfair for pointing that out. Certainly, those same critics shouldn't be taken to task, implying that somehow their knowledge of the game is lacking, or that their worldview is too cynical. All things are not equal here - some ships in STO are just inferior. Period.

Defending Cryptic's bad decisions when it comes to design is one thing - sniffing their hind quarters and then vaguely implying that anyone who doesn't do the same is somehow misguided and/or hostile is something else.
  • ankesorgcallitriankesorgcallitri Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    U said it , nowadays anyone who disagrees with u is either attacking u or it is misguided , its a widely used tactic and it is irritating .
    Putting that aside i am not shocked a Mod defends Cryptic even ten they dont deserve it , i dont think he is forced to do this , this works best when u have ppl do it free will.
    At first i thought the turn rate issue wasnt a typo , and they changed it because of the backlash but considering how little they care most of the times i agree a simple typo no biggie even if it happens way to often..
    The ship being a Command and not a MW well thats not a typo...and still with all this they could just make it Command/MW u know they dont loose face and we get a way better ship , would be simple enough change, but aparently it is asking for to much that a freaking 250 usd ship pack contain actually top of the line and powerful ship.
    Noone likes to admit it but this game can be , and i say it again CAN be pay to win as all hell. There is a market for that as well , there are ppl who want to spend , who want to have the option to be whales as they say , and that is ok , i have someone in fleet whp spent 10k+ usd to build a personal fleet of his , thats great .
    But this game can also be budget friendly , not many games let u farm premium currency even if it is slow .Not to many games give u free stuff that is powerful and must have. If anyone doesnt understand this then u missed the bajoren interceptor like i have.
    I dont attack Cryptic , i raise my complaints , if i hated this game and Cryptic i wouldnt be here , i wouldnt be playing.
    But i am here , i am playing and i enjoy it most of the time , and yes i admit i WANTED to buy this pack so badly , because i wanted a nice MW ship for the recruit with whom i will be spending a lot of time. I say all these so the apologists have all the facts before labeling me hater with unrealistic expectations.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    > @rattler2 said:
    > The main thing that makes these particular classes "Legendary" is that they are well known designs from the history of Star Trek.

Oh actually they are also well known designs from the history of Star Trek Online by now. :D

11th anniversary remember?! Perhaps calling them re-re-re-releases would be less misleading for those players who expect something worth getting from the term legendary. Oh no we can’t have that because then players would be eager to look at the stats and realize that the x-th release of the same ship does not offer anything new besides a now working cloaking device.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Well you'd have more insight, more or less, than most of us so do tell your reasoning for the subjectively lousy turn-rate & the possible Cryptic reasoning?
    Frankly, I don't give a V. rex's tailfeathers about the turn rate of the Vor'cha. I've only got one Klink who flies cruisers, and he's happily settled into his Khitomer-class.

It's just maddening to watch people whining about this not being "a real Year of Klingon" when so very, very much has been done with them. For Molor's sake, we even got a new free uniform, upgrades on ship skins, a new T6 raider that only costs the investment of a very little amount of time, and for those jealous of the Fed and Rom ships the ability to command any ship you like! Whaddaya want, bloodwine ice cream?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    jonsills wrote: »
    Well you'd have more insight, more or less, than most of us so do tell your reasoning for the subjectively lousy turn-rate & the possible Cryptic reasoning?
    Frankly, I don't give a V. rex's tailfeathers about the turn rate of the Vor'cha. I've only got one Klink who flies cruisers, and he's happily settled into his Khitomer-class.

It's just maddening to watch people whining about this not being "a real Year of Klingon" when so very, very much has been done with them. For Molor's sake, we even got a new free uniform, upgrades on ship skins, a new T6 raider that only costs the investment of a very little amount of time, and for those jealous of the Fed and Rom ships the ability to command any ship you like! Whaddaya want, bloodwine ice cream?

Oh wow, ONE new free uniform. Such generosity!
    And what about the "new" raider which is very much NOT a T6? I *fainted* when I saw that!
    And sure, there's sooooo many Klingon players that are incredibly jealous of Fed and Rom ships that the faction-unlock is CERTAINLY for them.

... the point is flying so high up over your head, it's practically headed for Mars right now.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    This is sad that people are defending those stats. Devs I hope you do read these forums and read this. Allot of your KDF art work, has been amazing, but you seem to keep missing the mark on the stats. Most not all of course, but I would wager most, look for pocket battleships when scouring KDF ships. The term battleship means a ship with the heaviest guns available, pocket, means a ship as maneuverable and fast as a battle cruiser, and as lightly armored as one. Take that to the Star Trek Universe. They hunt for ships that have heavy firepower, but can move like a D7 temporal battlecruiser.

Another fine example would be the Kurak Tier 6. A fine warship, built pretty damn well, and its got good art too. Problem is it has a inertia rating of 50. Talk about intentional sabotage.

You want people to buy into these ships. Crank the turn rate back up but don't cripple it with inertia.

I wont say there has not been some solid improvements to the KDF in the year of the Klingon, but there is room for improvement. I just gave a good example of at least one ship that could use improvement. I have also given you an example of why the Vor'cha should have its turn uped and not be crippled with a inertia stat.

Ill watch and see what you do. Id wager you keep it the same to keep the Feds happy, but maybe ill be wrong this time.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User

And what about the "new" raider which is very much NOT a T6? I *fainted* when I saw that!
    And sure, there's sooooo many Klingon players that are incredibly jealous of Fed and Rom ships that the faction-unlock is CERTAINLY for them.

... the point is flying so high up over your head, it's practically headed for Mars right now.

That would make two heads. I'd have to agree with @jonsills . Not only about his choice of ship for a KDF toon but also about the wall of complaints this is turning into.

Turn rate has been fixed. Not all releases of ships will please everybody. Feedback is good.

As to the rest, Year of Klingon as a whole represents a lot of work by Cryptic and overall it's been a great experience for me from getting a free ship with withering barrage unlock to remastered missions and an epic series of newer missions. The recruitment rewards that unlock for my entire account and getting to know melee combat is icing on the cake.

If you don't like this bundle just save up your zen for another bundle. I'm going to 'steal some time' when it comes around again instead.

I would have like to have seen something different for my recruit as well, but the sky isn't falling.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    protoneous wrote: »

That would make two heads. I'd have to agree with @jonsills . Not only about his choice of ship for a KDF toon but also about the wall of complaints this is turning into.

Turn rate has been fixed. Not all releases of ships will please everybody. Feedback is good.

As to the rest, Year of Klingon as a whole represents a lot of work by Cryptic and overall it's been a great experience for me from getting a free ship with withering barrage unlock to remastered missions and an epic series of newer missions. The recruitment rewards that unlock for my entire account and getting to know melee combat is icing on the cake.

If you don't like this bundle just save up your zen for another bundle. I'm going to 'steal some time' when it comes around again instead.

I would have like to have seen something different for my recruit as well, but the sky isn't falling.

The reality of the situation is there for everyone to see.

You wanna hide your head under the sand and pretend that this "Year of Klingon" was anything more than a few revamped assets, butchered episodes, butchered ships (the grand total of 3 we're getting!) and loads of money *wasted* on voice-overs for episodes that are shattering an entire faction for the sake of shattering it, then good for you.

People have every right to complain and neither you nor anyone else have any right to try and say that they don't.
    If you don't like that people have complaints, then move along and don't interact. It's that simple.
    You like this farce? Good for you. Make your own thread saying how much you like it. Again: it's that simple.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    To me as far as my personal opinion goes the ship isn't completely bad it just opens up the engineering side of the game to a different way of doing things. Although the price is too much on a bunch of services that I don't even really need or want. So if they ever want to lower that dilithium exchange rate and keep it lower than 500 they really need to come down on these prices so vote with your wallets lol.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User

You wanna hide your head under the sand and pretend that this "Year of Klingon" was anything more than a few revamped assets, butchered episodes, butchered ships (the grand total of 3 we're getting!) and loads of money *wasted* on voice-overs for episodes that are shattering an entire faction for the sake of shattering it, then good for you.

People have every right to complain and neither you nor anyone else have any right to try and say that they don't.
    If you don't like that people have complaints, then move along and don't interact. It's that simple.
    You like this farce? Good for you. Make your own thread saying how much you like it. Again: it's that simple.

I'm sorry to have interrupted your complaining. Please carry on.
  • smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    My 2¢:

When I was playing the original Vor'Cha and the retrofit as I was leveling up I enjoyed them, because it was a cruiser that didn't have a painfully slow turn rate. It wasn't a raptor by any means but it still meant that it was a cruiser that was more nimble. Lots of KDF cruisers have the ability to mount Dual Heavy Cannons, but why bother if you can't point your ship at the enemy? The Vor'Cha actually could.

I'd hate to lose the "Feel" of the Vor'Cha in this version.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Also Legendary doesn't always meen better than anything else.
    Please rethink your statement. Legendary is actually supposed to be more "meening"-full.

In your head it may be, but that's the trick. The prefix 'legendary' is meant to make people buy a product. Consider it a form of hype for marketing-purposes.

Some legendary ships are arguably better than previous counterparts - the Intrepid for example - , while others are either on par or even slightly inferior to their non-legendary versions - DIS Flight-Deck carrier for instance -.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

What are you blathering on about? You do realize Cryptic has now stated the 6.5 turn-rate was a "mistake" & is 9.5 instead. Are you speaking on behalf of darkbladejk? I thought I had addressed my question towards him.

Nor did I even mention the whole "Year of Klingon" issue/non-issue.

Now with your "bloodwine ice ceam" I think you just nailed the next food item introduced into STO if Cryptic ever does add again.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User

The only reality I see is a bunch of whiny clowns who didn't get enough ships this year and are throwing a fit because of it. There has been more Klingon content and updates in the last year than there has been in the last five (at least) in every category except ships, but because they can't fly most of it, they just ignore it. So MuCh FoR tHe YeAr Of ThE kLiNgOn

For what it's worth, I think this bundle is tone deaf garbage too and the Vor'cha is particularly disappointing even with the updated turn rate. I just find this whole idea that the Year of the Klingon has been anything other than that to be tiresome and willfully ignorant.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited February 2021

I have to agree. I was pretty excited for this event and it's been underwhelming. The special assassination missions end around the second story arc and are just forgotten (was hoping for a little more story around this, but it was like they couldn't even bother to do much with it). The legendary pack for me at least is pretty disappointing. When I first saw it I thought "why are there fed ships in this pack?" Then I thought; "It's fine we're gonna get a great B'rel and Vorcha at least." Nope they are both pretty terrible. If this event is suppose to help bring people to the KDF side I don't think it will succeed in that. Once players finish with the rewards or get frustrated trying to ambush kill stuff because dialogue boxes keep breaking cloak they will go back to the fed side since there is really zero to keep them playing a kdf character.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »

The only reality I see is a bunch of whiny clowns who didn't get enough ships this year and are throwing a fit because of it.

Oh man. Stuff just got real.

MltysVY.gif

This discussion has been closed.