test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Afterlife" Contains Irreconcilable Bug

cherojcheroj Member Posts: 35 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Tribble - Bug Reports
With the release of LoR the KDF will finally be getting some love. I have played several of the new 1-20 leveled missions and they are nothing short of spectacular.

However despite the warm welcome this content will receive, there is still some later level content for the KDF that absolutely needs to be addressed, specifically the Fek'Ihri missions. These missions still contain bugs that are years old, and actually make the missions unplayable in some instances. I am quite serious when I say that fixing these bugs will by themselves contribute a large step forward in "fleshing out" the KDF once and for all. Here I address the most infamous and most pressing of them all:

Before you meditate at the Shrine of Kahless, there is a group of Fek'Ihri guarding it that Kahless is actively fighting. The units all start at full health and take damage as you fight them...until they have about 1/4 of their health left. Then they stop taking damage...period. They are invincible. They cannot die. But you and your BOFFs can still die. Exposes, Exploits, Critical hits, absolutely nothing makes them take more damage or kills them. One Ravager, one Tortured Soul, one Hordling, and one Slave Master. The only way for players to meditate at the shrine is to hope and pray all the units are engaging your BOFFs long enough for you to complete the interaction. And many times when I have played the mission, one of the units always seems to latch on to me and follow me around, NEVER going and attacking someone else, and even following me all the way back to the start of the map, forcing me to drop the mission and start it over and PRAY that THIS TIME I am left alone long enough to keep going.

Reconciling this issue at long last will be a another step forward in fixing the KDF story content.
Post edited by cheroj on

Comments

• celticcrystalcelticcrystal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sorry for the necro, but a year and a half later, I just ran into this same bug. I had to use my bridge officers to distract everything long enough for me to run up and use the shrine.

Everything is exactly as the original report states. Took them to 1/4 health and then spent the next ten minutes wondering why they wouldn't die. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trueapocryphatrueapocrypha Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Apologies for bringing this one back again, but I just got hit by this bug today. If not for cheroj's advice to run over and meditate while your team distracts the mobs, I wouldn't have gotten past this point either.
  • nodznodz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    4/3/2015 still happening.
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm in the middle of this mission now and I can't complete it because of this bug.
  • lenonnlenonn Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Ran into this one about two days ago myself, on XBox One.

I've played this mission before with a different character and not had the issue at all.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    I will make a suggestion. This works for me.
    I dont even bother fighting said enemies, I just turn off my guns run over and click the shrine.
    That works for me and has worked multiple times.
    good Luck
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    This is a necro but the old bug isn't the same thing that is happening now. What is happening now is when they did the House Shattered update whoever was responsible for it didn't update the spawning point in relation to it needing to be moved so it wouldn't respawn on the other side of the invisible wall they put for immersion/going out of the intended area. So there is a work around you need something like the bortasque' snare ability to teleport it out but not all teleports work so is why I refer to the one that actually works to work around this.

For the ground part its not a bug the npc is intended to not die so you need to go to the shrine and do the whole meditating thing and then you go to the next part. However there is one other bug that affects you if it occurs on the barge to grethor if you press your interact button too fast and you end up fighting some of the dishonored Klingons it will break the pacing of the objective so its best to not spam through it and do them one at a time which takes like 5 seconds longer but useful to avoid the bug(its not a bug specific to this mission but a general interact problem that started when they did the patrol revamp).
  • mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I can only assume this bug was left alone for a reason at this point. The next episode is set to take place on Boreth. My guess is they're planning to partially revamp the Fek'lri episodes with a redone version of Boreth, so any bugs on the missions as they currently exist are probably just being ignored. I was actually planning to play through these episodes again now that they've fixed the bug with Afterlife's initial space battle. After reading this, I'll spare myself the trouble.
    e0M7OhA.png
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    mike03uc wrote: »
    I can only assume this bug was left alone for a reason at this point. The next episode is set to take place on Boreth. My guess is they're planning to partially revamp the Fek'lri episodes with a redone version of Boreth, so any bugs on the missions as they currently exist are probably just being ignored. I was actually planning to play through these episodes again now that they've fixed the bug with Afterlife's initial space battle. After reading this, I'll spare myself the trouble.

Pretty much they ignore so many bugs and glitches that they are too lazy to discover moving the spawn point away from the planet would put this issue to rest for good. Next year will be a decade since Defera battlezone was released and those bugged our portions of content there have yet to be fixed so if that is any indicator on this I highly doubt we will ever see a fix for this. Although this does remind me of fek'lhr related thing I had been wondering after seeing some episode stuff that I had forgotten about. Two things with this mission, the one where you fight Hakeev, and Quarks lucky seven. So in essence you are being spiritually travelling to this made up place which there isn't any clue to it being an after life, another dimension, or something else. Then the Iconian gate on the planet shows the images of being able to travel to a place that has the fek'lhr/fek'lhr empire symbol version. Then in Quark's lucky seven when you play that part going into the episode there really never was an explanation to why they were going after those herald ships or even who it is that is their *new leader* according to Hakeev's notes. Seems like with some broken content also never got into that plot either so would be nice if they were to fix that broken stuff and also explain the other things.
  • mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    mike03uc wrote: »

Pretty much they ignore so many bugs and glitches that they are too lazy to discover moving the spawn point away from the planet would put this issue to rest for good. Next year will be a decade since Defera battlezone was released and those bugged our portions of content there have yet to be fixed so if that is any indicator on this I highly doubt we will ever see a fix for this. Although this does remind me of fek'lhr related thing I had been wondering after seeing some episode stuff that I had forgotten about. Two things with this mission, the one where you fight Hakeev, and Quarks lucky seven. So in essence you are being spiritually travelling to this made up place which there isn't any clue to it being an after life, another dimension, or something else. Then the Iconian gate on the planet shows the images of being able to travel to a place that has the fek'lhr/fek'lhr empire symbol version. Then in Quark's lucky seven when you play that part going into the episode there really never was an explanation to why they were going after those herald ships or even who it is that is their *new leader* according to Hakeev's notes. Seems like with some broken content also never got into that plot either so would be nice if they were to fix that broken stuff and also explain the other things.

I would say a few things to this. First, I would caution that this comment gets off-topic, and might be better received in General Discussion. I say that only because moderators are likely to see it that way. That said, I actually like it when they do things now and then without any explanation. I'd call it the "TNG Way": sometimes the mystery is what makes it fun. I also like that in the recent episodes, they still haven't said what, exactly, Gre'thor *is*. Is it another dimension? Some kind of hallucination? I especially like that Martok remains skeptical through the whole thing, openly questioning whether or not anything you experience is actually real.
    e0M7OhA.png