test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Endeavour system complete !

borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
Hail all.

I'm probably one of the 1st if not the 1st that completed the Endeavour system.
Anyone that did not miss any of the Personal ones should be max rank [450] today.

STOE-F.jpg

Now there's a few things I wonder about:

- will there be an extension of the system since there are still skills that could be added ?
-
- we should still be able to earn Endeavour XP in it, since the new KDF characters have unlocks based on that - looks like XP is still progressing.
STOE-FX.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Nope, the first people completed it at the end of January 2021.

But it's nice to be done.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Hail all.

- will there be an extension of the system since there are still skills that could be added ?

About that. Borticus did tweet in response to someone's question about that roughly two weeks ago.

Click on the link to get the full context.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Grats op! Good job. :)

I doubt cryptic will introduce more perks but never say never.

The system is a progression curve requiring 2 years of constant play. It’s the longest I have encountered in my gaming life by far. I dont think it to be prudent to build on top of that as it would leave new players too far behind.

I think it’s rather likely that cryptic will introduce other systems that we can work on parallel to the endeavors.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Congratulations upon your accomplishment.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Congratulations.

As long as you can still do Endeavors after completion for the Rewards. Otherwise, it was pointless to have Endeavor goals for the new KDF Recruits.

I hit 415 last night. Only Ground Control Resist, Ground Damage Resist Gamma, and 5 of Ground Damage Resist Beta left. Frankly, I'll look forward to a break from running these every day.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    <looks at my 21>

<thinks about my Recruit having to earn 50 just by herself>

/sigh

;)

(I don't log in every day except during some events; I mostly just do the simple ones: salvage, dabo, shoot <X> with <Y> energy in space; and I do the energy ones by logging on to the alt who happens to have that energy type as their 'theme', not by switching gear on one character. The idea of earning 50pts on a single character, who isn't even a 'main'... wheee!)
  • Options
    nccmark wrote: »

Not possible unless they exploited/cheated.

• Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User

Not possible unless they exploited/cheated.

No exploits, these were the people running the universals from day one in late 2018, and then the daily endeavors when they started. It was in the maths, and pre-calculated for a while.
  • Options
    Another observation today: green and yellow endev levels did add XP to the pool, but red level did not. Adding the red level would of exceeded a rank value, so I guess there's a limitation.

So clearly there's no more points to earn.
    Next I will have to somehow see if on the new KDF special character the endev XP is counted. If it's not, there's a problem.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • Options
    minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    if it weren't for the video card errors, then I would be done too.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    6 or 7 days to go for me. Fits nicely with a foreign vacation w.o. internet last year.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    garaks31 wrote: »
    i hope we can buy someday endeavours or the xp

I'm surprised Cryptic hasn't monetized the Endeavors somehow already or Specialization Skill Points.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User

I'm surprised Cryptic hasn't monetized the Endeavors somehow already or Specialization Skill Points.

Selling rerolls seems like the first/easiest/obvious place to start
    </don't give them ideas>
  • Options
    borgdp010#9382 borgdp010 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    congrats, 449 here with 19150/20000 so tomorrow I'll be done.
    end of jan 21 wasnt a problem if you really did them daily including universals.
    I've only missed first few days and an uni here and there.
    We need more ranks - grind must be eternal.
  • Options
    kiralyn wrote: »

</don't give them ideas>

I'm usually capped at the (50) on those lol I keep forgetting about that option, doh.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »

</don't give them ideas>
    Or, considering the (insane) endeavor requirements for the KDF recruits' milestones:
    "Buy 10 Endeavor points for ONLY 70$. And our best value pack: 100 for only 500$!"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2021
    Hail all.

I'm probably one of the 1st if not the 1st that completed the Endeavour system.
    Anyone that did not miss any of the Personal ones should be max rank [450] today.

Now there's a few things I wonder about:

- will there be an extension of the system since there are still skills that could be added
    - we should still be able to earn Endeavour XP in it, since the new KDF characters have unlocks based on that - looks like XP is still progressing.

Still that's a major accomplishment you and perhaps only a few others have achieved, most I know are still likely in the high 200's maybe mid 300's; so still have some way to go. Though most I know leave the Damage Resist Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma (Ground & Space) likely for last.

Still it's good to know you can still earn Endeavor rewards; still I wouldn't be worried about KDF recruits if your done.

50 Endeavor Missions not 50 Rank levels.

Still I suspect it may take a month or two, yet would strongly gather they've planned to add a few new skills to the system, to perhaps expand Rank as well... At least as it appears from the note (above) from Borticus replying to someone, though I never read what they asked. :)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User

Not possible I missed 1 day and I be done tomorrow.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2021

The earliest possible date would have been Friday with the personal endeavor reset. There was no way to get extra points any faster save for a couple of personal resets when they patched the tasks two times, and I think two Universals where it reset before the old timer was up. Anything from before that just wouldn't work out mathematically.
    No exploits, these were the people running the universals from day one in late 2018, and then the daily endeavors when they started. It was in the maths, and pre-calculated for a while.
    Except running universals wouldn't have done anything before the daily ones started because it was only with the daily ones that the point system was added.

Also, one of the Cryptic devs themselves posted on twitter that any claim of someone being finished back then was false, because they can track what rank people are, and no one had reached max rank since it was literally impossible to have.

Basically this. Earliest possible would have had to hit both of those double personal days, the one or two extra universals and obviously every normal personal and universal since the personal ones went live. Doing this without the Klingon recruit bonus would have put the end date on Saturday morning.

Now, if someone had done all of this and then started their Klingon Recruit right away, rushed through the extended tutorial until they could freely select which content they chose to do, and run off to grind something good, like the revamped patrols that give triple xp, until they got to 60 to unlock endeavors. Now they also could have gamed it a little bit and saved their Tuesday personals and Monday universal for their Klingon Recruit to do. This would have put them at 100k on Wednesday morning with just the rare personal endeavor, selecting the reward at that point would have unlocked the 5% bonus xp, which would have netted them 453 extra experience for the rest for that day, including the universal. On Thursday, that person would have earned an additional 593 bonus xp. That's still only enough before Friday to move it up to completion of either all of the personal ones Friday morning, or possibly leaving out the uncommon one. If the bonus point would have awarded from the reward box, it still would have only been Thursday, but that didn't happen.

I didn't personally hit every one of these targets, as my Klingon Recruit only got to 60 in time to do the Universals starting with Wednesday the 27th's, and Personals only from Thursday the 28th on, so I didn't get to 450 until completing the Universal on Friday the 5th. I may not have been the absolute first to finish, but I was within about six hours of the earliest possible completion time.

Oh, and I did every possible (read: not bugged so that it couldn't be completed) universal before the personals went live, and I can tell you from experience that we didn't get any retroactive experience for the perk system for those.
    Post edited by anodynes on
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    dkdrachedkdrache Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Grats op! Good job. :)

I doubt cryptic will introduce more perks but never say never.

The system is a progression curve requiring 2 years of constant play. It’s the longest I have encountered in my gaming life by far. I dont think it to be prudent to build on top of that as it would leave new players too far behind.

I think it’s rather likely that cryptic will introduce other systems that we can work on parallel to the endeavors.

Well said.

That's exactly what I was hoping. Something concentric, not consecutive. It will still be something additional for those who reached max endeavor rank, while remaining accessible to new players.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    What do you think the chances are of Cryptic expanding this for those who are done without borking it up for those of us who are not?

:wink:
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I hope not.
    This was something on merit, not on bribery.

I would like the new skills to be added though.
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    I hope not.
    This was something on merit, not on bribery.

I would like the new skills to be added though.

Merit it might have been, but the option of a buyout for endeavours (xp or points is irrelevant) would not be "bribery".
    It would simply be in line with reputations and with every event - hell, we can now buy leveling tokens for certain subfactions, too.
    I don't particularly agree but it's not bribery and if people wants to go for it so be it.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    I dont think it to be prudent to build on top of that as it would leave new players too far behind.

I disagree. Since you can choose which perk to work on, even if they add new perks that are desireable a new player can start work on those immediately. For example, if there is any new perk to further increase ground run speed or sector space travel speed, I think they would go to top of list of many players, new or old.

Myself, I only have about 17 perk points to go to finish, so looking forward to any additions.

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    > @wraithmeister said:
    > I disagree. Since you can choose which perk to work on, even if they add new perks that are desireable a new player can start work on those immediately. For example, if there is any new perk to further increase ground run speed or sector space travel speed, I think they would go to top of list of many players, new or old.
    >
    > Myself, I only have about 17 perk points to go to finish, so looking forward to any additions.

I like your attitude. I probably just read one too many complains about how some peeps got too powerful in PvE.

Power creep and I are best friends and whatever they throw at us next I’ll have it anyway and won’t be the one complaining. ;)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
This discussion has been closed.