test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is anyone able to open the first Klingon Recruit Perk reward?

Is anyone able to open the first Klingon Recruit perk reward box?

When I claimed the reward via Klingon Recruit device, I got box in inventory:
"Klingon Recruit - Unforgettable - 100000 Perk XP Reward"

When I click the box, nothing happens. When I click the "use" menu option for box, nothing happens.
Also, the box has odd behavior that no matter what inventory slot I drag the box to, it immediately snaps back to the first free slot. No other item in my character inventory does that...it is probably unrelated to being unable to open the box, but is an inventory behavior I had not seen before.

Comments

• jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User

When I click the box, nothing happens. When I click the "use" menu option for box, nothing happens.
    Also, the box has odd behavior that no matter what inventory slot I drag the box to, it immediately snaps back to the first free slot. No other item in my character inventory does that...it is probably unrelated to being unable to open the box, but is an inventory behavior I had not seen before.

Same here, exactly like it happened with the episode rewards boxes when trying to claim them on other characters prior to the latest patch.
    The box is not "opening up and awarding itself", as suggested above. It simply do nothing.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    I know the box is not rewarding anything because one of the rewards from box is 1 perk point, and I did not get it. Clicking the box just does nothing.
    edited February 2021

It's not 'doing nothing.' It's moving to the first empty space in your inventory, regardless of where it is. The *ONLY* behavior like that anywhere in the game is awards from opening a box. In this case, it *behaves* like the box is incorrectly set up to award *itself* when opened, and not the perk xp awards it should be. Which would result in exactly the kind of results being observed.

You perhaps did not read my original update fully.

When you CLICK the box or USE the box it does NOTHING. It does not open, it does not move, it does not give any reward.

The movement behavior I described is not the result of of clicking the box..it happens just when you try to move the box. If I try to drag the box 3 spaces to the right, it snaps back to original position (first open space).

I can even make the box move without even touching it. If I go higher up in inventory where all slots are filled and move an item out of a space creating an opening, the box which was elsewhere in my inventory jumps immediately into that space.

In any case, I opened a bug report...anyone else with this issue should do the same...after they receive a few hundred reports of issue, a fix may be scheduled.
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 544 Arc User

It's not 'doing nothing.' It's moving to the first empty space in your inventory, regardless of where it is. The *ONLY* behavior like that anywhere in the game is awards from opening a box. In this case, it *behaves* like the box is incorrectly set up to award *itself* when opened, and not the perk xp awards it should be. Which would result in exactly the kind of results being observed.

When you CLICK the box or USE the box it does NOTHING. It does not open, it does not move, it does not give any reward.

The movement behavior I described is not the result of of clicking the box..it happens just when you try to move the box. If I try to drag the box 3 spaces to the right, it snaps back to original position (first open space).

I can even make the box move without even touching it. If I go higher up in inventory where all slots are filled and move an item out of a space creating an opening, the box which was elsewhere in my inventory jumps immediately into that space.

In any case, I opened a bug report...anyone else with this issue should do the same...after they receive a few hundred reports of issue, a fix may be scheduled.

That is an unusual inventory glitch. You probably have already tried, but did you log out of the game and back in to see if that changes anything?
    I tried logout also, made no difference.

Exactly. So yep, it's not doing anything.
    And I have the same exact thing: I can drag it all the way to the bottom of the inventory and it just snap back to the first free slot.
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

Exactly. So yep, it's not doing anything.
    And I have the same exact thing: I can drag it all the way to the bottom of the inventory and it just snap back to the first free slot.

It' not doing nothing! its using space!, WAI if you ask me :lol: , anyway, probably is bugged..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I know the box is not rewarding anything because one of the rewards from box is 1 perk point, and I did not get it. Clicking the box just does nothing.

The experience boost for the character applied automatically, so my assumption is that the perk point is the only reward in that box.

It doesn't matter much to me, I hit 450 perk points shortly after earning that reward on Friday, so I don't have any use for the point now, but it would be nice if it worked.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    edited February 2021
    anodynes wrote: »
    It doesn't matter much to me, I hit 450 perk points shortly after earning that reward on Friday, so I don't have any use for the point now, but it would be nice if it worked.

I'm only 17 perks from hitting level 450 and finishing all endeavor rewards myself, and 15 of those points will go into Ground control resist, which IMO is the least useful of the perks.

Cryptic, when do we get a new batch of endeavor rewards? Even if rewards are non-stat stuff, like dance moves and outfits...give me something....

• sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    Can confirm. The boost to Endeavor XP is automatically applied. Meanwhile, the box that supposedly contains the perk point reward doesn't open.
    edited February 2021

I'm only 17 perks from hitting level 450 and finishing all endeavor rewards myself, and 15 of those points will go into Ground control resist, which IMO is the least useful of the perks.

Cryptic, when do we get a new batch of endeavor rewards? Even if rewards are non-stat stuff, like dance moves and outfits...give me something....

I left ground health regen for last, as it is so suppressed in combat as to be useless. As for new things to spend perk points on, I have doubts that they'll put anything new behind a system that, without the bonus from a Klingon Recruit, takes slightly over two years to finish. I'll still do them daily for the Recruit rewards, and maybe even still after that to add some variety to what I play, but I'm not expecting anything more for earning new points.

Edit: Apparently Borticus tweeted that they do plan to add to the system. So much for my doubts and good luck to those who are very far away from being done currently. Hope there's nothing new in there that you want right away.
    Post edited by anodynes on
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    edited February 2021
    Quoted rather than editing original, pay no attention.
    sci321 wrote: »
    Can confirm. The boost to Endeavor XP is automatically applied. Meanwhile, the box that supposedly contains the perk point reward doesn't open.

I confirmed today also. My 3200 medium endeavor earned 3360 points which is +5%. So the 5% bonus appears to be automatic, so I'm just missing out on the box contents which is a free perk point.

Well, it seems like they did something in the patch. I tried to open the reward box again and I got this message:
    Error: Unable to open Rewardpack as it's blocked by developers. Please try again later.
    kv1Ohsx.png

• tagentagen Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Well, it seems like they did something in the patch. I tried to open the reward box again and I got this message:
    Error: Unable to open Rewardpack as it's blocked by developers. Please try again later.

I guess that is their way of putting up an "out of order" sign until they can fix it.
    tagen wrote: »

I guess that is their way of putting up an "out of order" sign until they can fix it.

My thought exactly. Annoying that I can't open it, but good to know they are aware of the issue and have taken steps to let us know they know about it.
    We'll see what happens on thursday, I guess?
    kv1Ohsx.png

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,110 Arc User

You have to have logged in on a Lvl 65 KDF faction character and a LvL 65 Fed to auto-unlock cross faction use of Ships. Until them, the Box won't open.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."

You have to have logged in on a Lvl 65 KDF faction character and a LvL 65 Fed to auto-unlock cross faction use of Ships. Until them, the Box won't open.

Uh? What does the Reward for endeavour xp have to do with unlocking the faction ships?
    kv1Ohsx.png

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    @trekonlinegame: Klingon Recruits! In order to make sure your Unforgettable reward is truly Unforgettable, we've made them completely unable to be opened! This is not at all a mistake, it is a true Warrior's Plan that will continue until the next update when we can fix it! Er...I mean...
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Today's patch fixed this. My hopping perk box is gone, perk point awarded, and even have expanded perk options now with all perks extended 5 points. Thx cryptic!
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    How can we tell if the perk is rewarded? I started a KDF recruit today, and so far have only completed the melee kill and uncloaking kill tasks. Those appeared to reward the bat'leth and starship trait properly, but I didn't see any other rewards available.
    edited February 2021
    felderburg wrote: »
    How can we tell if the perk is rewarded? I started a KDF recruit today, and so far have only completed the melee kill and uncloaking kill tasks. Those appeared to reward the bat'leth and starship trait properly, but I didn't see any other rewards available.

The perk is awarded when you gain enough xp to get 5 points (so that's 100.000k).
    Since you haven't, you won't see it until you do - and you have to get to level 60 before that, too.
    kv1Ohsx.png

• twooftwo#4909 twooftwo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Opened the Unforgettable 1000000 perk reward yesterday and didn't get anything, no xp, no perk points!
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Opened the Unforgettable 1000000 perk reward yesterday and didn't get anything, no xp, no perk points!

Since you made a post to a necro thread, this is bound to get closed soon.

To answer you, though:
    What you "get" is a bonus of Endeavor points as you earn them. So, if you were supposed to earn 400 Endeavor points for one of the universals, you would instead earn 440 Endeavor points. It's not something that shows up as a box in your inventory.

Mouse over each Recruit reward, and read what the reward is.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    It's Halloween... the dead shall rise again!!!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,110 Arc User

The experience boost for the character applied automatically, so my assumption is that the perk point is the only reward in that box.

^^^
    That may be the issue. If you're maxed out on that type of 'point' - the system can't apply the reward because they pout a cap in place; but it doesn't destroy itself, and is sitting there waiting to 'reward' you once/if the cap is increased. (IE - As usual, Cryptic's QA practices need work as they obviously didn't test what happens if it tries to 'award' itself on a 'maxed out' character.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • twooftwo#4909 twooftwo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    > @nccmark said:
    > Since you made a post to a necro thread, this is bound to get closed soon.
    >
    > To answer you, though:
    > What you "get" is a bonus of Endeavor points as you earn them. So, if you were supposed to earn 400 Endeavor points for one of the universals, you would instead earn 440 Endeavor points. It's not something that shows up as a box in your inventory.
    >
    > Mouse over each Recruit reward, and read what the reward is.

Thanks, I see what you mean about the bonus xp. I was expecting perk points. My mistake.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Welp... question answered, and now I will banish this zombie.
    *casts Holy Photon Torpedo*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.