test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"General Chang" costume, in memory of Christopher Plummer

stocostumes#8412 stocostumes Member Posts: 53 Arc User
r8moai5h5wf61.jpg

First and foremost, RIP Christopher Plummer. What an amazing talent! Bravo, sir. Bravo!

Now, a few notes:

1: we decided to create this costume using the alien species rather than the actual klingon species. Although the alien species does not have the 'bolted' style eyepatch, it still allowed for a better approximation of his facial features, and also had a closer looking forehead pattern that is not available to the actual klingon species.

2: the costume file is available for download in the "Wrath of Khan era" costumes(here), and there are also pictures of the slider settings for those that play on console.

3: here are a few extra pics showing the full costume.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    Couldn't you have gone with a ridgeless klingon, AoY unlocks the option to make TOS Klingons.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    r8moai5h5wf61.jpg

First and foremost, RIP Christopher Plummer. What an amazing talent! Bravo, sir. Bravo!

Now, a few notes:

1: we decided to create this costume using the alien species rather than the actual klingon species. Although the alien species does not have the 'bolted' style eyepatch, it still allowed for a better approximation of his facial features, and also had a closer looking forehead pattern that is not available to the actual klingon species.

2: the costume file is available for download in the "Wrath of Khan era" costumes(here), and there are also pictures of the slider settings for those that play on console.

3: here are a few extra pics showing the full costume.

I think this nice idea would be a small respectful gesture, & hopefully Cryptic will consider it.

Chang's distinctive eyepatch I'd think would be simple enough to add to STO.

Meanwhile I cannot seem to give my new Discovery Klingon simple black hair. lol
  • stocostumes#8412 stocostumes Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Couldn't you have gone with a ridgeless klingon, AoY unlocks the option to make TOS Klingons.

Could we have? Absolutely. But here is why we didn't:

1: when you switch to the humanoid head type using the actual Klingon species, the "cranial ridges" pattern in the "tattoo" section disappears. For reference:

l1Y0d9C.jpg

2: the forehead detail we wanted to use(named "boney ridges thin") is not available to the klingon species AT ALL, using either the ridged OR the humanoid head type. For reference:

F81jSAC.jpg

To be clear, the actual ridge pattern he had is simply not in the game at all, period. But we felt that the "boney ridges thin" pattern shown above is the closest thing currently available.

3: the facial sliders for the alien species simply offer much more flexibility than the standard klingon species sliders and allow a better approximation of his facial features.

So it's a trade off. Either go with the klingon species JUST to get the bolted eyepatch, or use the alien for all of the reasons above. After testing both, the alien version(see pic above) simply looked much closer to the actual character than the klingon version(below):

Yn23FxN.jpg

It's completely fine if you disagree, but those are our reasons.
    Chang's distinctive eyepatch I'd think would be simple enough to add to STO.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood. The bolted eyepatch IS in game, but it is exclusive to the klingon species.
    Oh okay, that's already in-game so a good thing. I'll have to look for it sometime, hopefully Cryptic included it for these new DSC Klingons too ... like some black hair!!!
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    > @foppotee#4552 said:
    > Oh okay, that's already in-game so a good thing. I'll have to look for it sometime, hopefully Cryptic included it for these new DSC Klingons too ... like some black hair!!!

As one of the Sons of None used that eye patch I'd suspect that it's available, as for black hair it is available for DSC klinks, I personally use redish brown, but black or at least as close as you can get in STO is available.
    spiritborn wrote: »
    > @foppotee#4552 said:
    > Oh okay, that's already in-game so a good thing. I'll have to look for it sometime, hopefully Cryptic included it for these new DSC Klingons too ... like some black hair!!!

As one of the Sons of None used that eye patch I'd suspect that it's available, as for black hair it is available for DSC klinks, I personally use redish brown, but black or at least as close as you can get in STO is available.

Well dang it I'm missing it then lol I'll have to go back to the Tailor & try try again I suppose.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Chang had ridges though, so why would you make him look like a TOS klingon?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User

Chang had ridges though, so why would you make him look like a TOS klingon?

just for the head shape, while he did have ridges they weren't as pronounced as TNG klingon ridges.
This discussion has been closed.