test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary T'liss - Cloaked Torpedo Boat Build?

telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
I've been eyeballing the legendary romulan bundle for a while now. I'd rather just be able to get the ship on its own and not have to pay for 60$ worth of fluff, but I might go for it with a new romulan character to boost to 65 anyways.

Given that it has enhanced battle cloak, and the trait coming up with the temer class raider from the anniversary event, would it be viable to set this thing up like a perma-cloaked torpedo boat? Running 3+ plasma torpedoes on the front slots (romulan hyper plasma, omega plasma, and a particle emission plasma), the plasma warhead module / destabilized plasma consoles, attack pattern omega to get free heavy plasma torpedoes, otherwise using torpedo spreads from the tac boffs. The command station could be used for focus fire (which gives torp high yield ever 2 seconds to anyone attacking your target).

I've done torpedo heavy builds before, but always for science ships using gravimetric/dark matter/particle emission/etc. Never done one without relying heavily on science/exotic damage, so I'm curious how it would work out, and I'm not sure how useful or effective it would be to remain cloaked while firing.

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I used the plain old Malem for a torpedo build, and I don't see a big benefit to the Legendary T'liss over that (at least not one worth 12k zen), as if you build a torpedo boat right you don't need 5 torpedo slots for continuous firing, and you can get a Malem for I think 2k zen via one of the starter packs, and the other two T'liss types with the console set for another 2k from the other starter pack.

However, EBC is largely worthless for a torpedo boat done right. You should be continuously firing, thus you don't stay cloaked at all, you just run around visible with no shields. Intel team is a lot better for what you want, of course that would also be a reason to get the Legendary T'liss if you're dead set on a T'liss type ship.

Also if you do get the L. T'liss, the trait works with decloaking too, so you actually don't want to stay cloaked at all, just recloaking every time its off CD (Though I assume the trait has also an internal CD.)