test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Was kicked off the server while doing the Rich DIL Game

So, with the DIL event going on this weekend, I am running the Rich DIL event.

I put in multiple tickets, but thought I would also put an entry here.

What is happening, is that while I'm running the Rich DIL mini-game, STO looses connection to the server, and I'm kicked out of the game. I log right back in, and can't play the Rich DIL event again for another 20 hours, and I didn't receive any of the DIL for completing the mini-game, because the server lost connection.

In all of these years, this is the first time I've had this kind of problem with the Rich DIL mini-game.

First occurrence was:
Character@handle name: Lonny@bellon
Faction: Federation
Exact amount of the currency missing: 10,001
Approximate date and time it happened: 2/4/2021, 12:30EST

Second occurrence was:
Character@handle name: Lonny@bellon
Approximate date and time it happened: 2/5/2021, 8:30EST

Third occurrence was:
Character@handle name: Legolas@bellon
Approximate date and time it happened: 2/5/2021, 9:00EST

Fourth occurrence was:
Character@handle name: Alpha@bellon
Approximate date and time it happened: 2/5/2021, 9:30EST

Comments

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Loosing server connection isn't a bug.
  • bellonpeneaglebellonpeneagle Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    But loosing the DIL, without the opportunity to re-do it, is.
  • bellonpeneaglebellonpeneagle Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Update - This morning I got up at 5am, and started the Rich DIL mini-game on my toons. I got through all 20 toons from 5am to 6:30am. No problems. I know it's not my internet, because I recently upgraded from 25Mbps, to StarLink where I'm getting 150Mbps.
    This is truly a mini-game design issue. The Rich DIL token shouldn't be taken until the completion of the mini-game.
    And it's a Perfect Worlds Server issue.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    Loosing server connection (as kaithan1975) said is not a bug. It could happen any time anywhere and is not exclusively linked to STO You haven't lost or gain anything as dil is worthless until you actively convert it into zen through the exchange. Put it down to an ohhh well Life deal Lemons at times. If you want to take up the argument it is Cryptics fault. Then what would you do if you were writing an essay and you were page upon page into it and you had power failure (because power failures can happen at random) and you lost all your essay. Do you want to blame the power company for something that could of or couldn't have happened at complete random. Who's to say it wasn't your own internet that glitched. If proved it was your own internet Are you going to demand your ISP buys you zen. You can't put this on Cryptics shoulders for something that can happen at complete random.