test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle officially announced

12345679»

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    They'll almost certainly run a zen charge bonus.

Greedy high price, folk say no but reduced by a "sale" and you get interest piqued in some.

A bonus zen thing will give the perception that value is better and tip those folk over the edge and into burning cash on an overpriced bundle with a lot of subjectively pointless filler.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    The crux of this matter is a marketing decision made by Cryptic. Cryptic has decided that it will be more profitable to force players who want a specific ship(s) to pay for several other ships and a bunch of junk they don't want in order to get that ship. They are operating under the premise that there are enough players out there willing to pay for all the stuff they don't want in order to get what they do want to compensate for the players that are not willing to pay extra for stuff they don't want.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think that their premise is probably true. I also think it is not hard to imagine that a player who wants a specific legendary ship, but is unwilling to pay the exorbidant price for the pack, might settle and spend their money on a normal C-store ship. Thus Cryptic is getting their money anyways. It really is a double win for Crypic.

I do not think their are enough players who are willing to vote with their wallet and cease buying zen to change Crypic's behavior.
This discussion has been closed.