test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It only took 2600 phoenix packs...

telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
to finally get an epic token.

Seriously, cryptic, you need to change how this TRIBBLE works. If you aren't going to do anything with the scam boxes, at least do yearly events where we can get a second chance at old ships that are no longer available outside of phoenix packs.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    I have seen an epic Phoenix token in a mudds choice pack. >:)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I have earned them opening as little as 400-750 Phoenix Boxes, others can be well over 1000+.

Really it just depends on how the RNG Continuum Q's are feeling that day. Still I'm perfectly FINE them leaving the drop rate just as they are, otherwise it just de-value the Epic or Ultra Prize tokens.

Now that's me, I'd be happy to see a few new items, emotes, or even Romulan Beards unlock enabled thru a token!
    0zxlclk.png
  • telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    All im saying is, instead of some 30 day event to get a t6x upgrade or free t6 ship, I'd be perfectly happy with an event that rewards an epic phoenix token.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    This is why I do not do lock boxes or prize packs at all.
    Go without for anything missed in the past is much better choice then wasting 10m in dil trying to get a single ship and maybee you will and maybee you cant.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    All im saying is, instead of some 30 day event to get a t6x upgrade or free t6 ship, I'd be perfectly happy with an event that rewards an epic phoenix token.

I'm just glad next Meta event later in February, is offering something never done before.
    0zxlclk.png
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    This is why everything in the Epic store should be an account unlock.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    The only thing I do Phoenix boxes for are the upgrades. Although I did get a UR on my first freebie that went to the TX tokens.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    This is why I do not do lock boxes or prize packs at all.
    Go without for anything missed in the past is much better choice then wasting 10m in dil trying to get a single ship and maybee you will and maybee you cant.

The ONLY reason I've been so hellbent on getting the Ho'Kuun is because my main character is entirely based on Lukari, and that ship / skin was the last Lukari thing I didn't have (plus the dorito looks cool!). The character is a fed sci alien (discovery starfleet origin for a different looking transporter/warp effect) styled up to look like a lukari. She's wearing a lukari outfit, using lukari equipment, including the piezo-electric wrist device. Lukari or similar kit modules and abilities. Flying a fleet dranuur (now using the ho'kuun skin), all of my bridge officers are lukari or kentari from the fleet colony world. I think I've put more effort into this one character than all my others combined, lol.

It was driving me nuts that this one ship skin I didnt have was all I needed to finish off that character/collection, and all because I took a hiatus from STO and didn't even know about the lukari event that went on during that time period until I came back.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    now you gotta find a vanity shield that turns it orange. the lukari ship Nacho Cheese
    Spock.jpg

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Opened about 700 today. Not one epic or ultra. It's fine because I was only after the tech upgrades, but I feel bad for the people trying to get those -yikes.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    I have opened many boxes. But I've also received like 5 epic tokens already.

I don't think the drop rate is too bad. I can imagine that, for players who have upgraded literally everything there is to upgrade for them, having that many boxes and not a single epic token that they're after, is a waste of resources.

For almost everyone else, there will always be something useful in those boxes though. And let's be honest: would anyone who has nothing left to upgrade, really need the dilithium for other things? (Yes, 'buying zen' might be an answer. But that can be bought directly and you can't expect Cryptic to increase drop rates of stuff that's bought with the regular resource (dilithium) so that you can obtain Zen, the premium resource, more easily.)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User

They pretty much had that prize token on console as an alternative to the first store t6 one, think I used it to get the breen carrier account unlock which is in phoenix and per character otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.