test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Farming Stratagems

cheri474cheri474 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
Can we please have core assault be in the random que? It's getting really frustrating to farm stratagems to complete a build, because the TFO just won't start. And asking people in a chat community to join will end in one of two scenarios. Either too little people join and it dies down or you get called a troll who just wants to ruin other peoples run.

And if core assault cannot be in the random que, then maybe allow for more than just one stratagem to be crafted in a day? Farming them with the hourly mission is also not viable, as their drop rate feels a little too low. I didn't get one in 13 days, so I had to craft them manually, and I'm still not done with my build.

Does anyone else feel like, grinding out the competetive war games reputation feels way too daunting?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    west is correct. Technical issues prevent any of the 10 and 20 man TFOs from being included into the Random option. Personally I'd prefer Twin Tribulations as there is no direct PvP at the end like with Core Assault, but in general the Competitive TFOs are probably not as popular because PvP related stuff is not really popular. There are still some PvPers in game, but the majority of players seem to prefer PvE.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Assessed Stratagems should be eliminated from the game and no longer required for anything.

Right now, the best way to get them is just convert marks at a rate of 1 per day. The queues cannot be randomized and they are wildly unpopular with the player base.

Competitive Reputation was an experiment.. it's time to admit that experiment has failed. The reputation track and all items should remain, but this Reputation should not have an elite mark. There is just no good way to make them more accessible.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    cheri474 wrote: »
    ... Does anyone else feel like, grinding out the competetive war games reputation feels way too daunting?

While I can understand your position, personally I just use the random TFO and Endeavor boxes for the competitive marks. They are enough to complete the reputation grind with some extra for the elite marks in case I need any competitive gear.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Assessed Stratagems should be eliminated from the game and no longer required for anything.

Right now, the best way to get them is just convert marks at a rate of 1 per day. The queues cannot be randomized and they are wildly unpopular with the player base.

Competitive Reputation was an experiment.. it's time to admit that experiment has failed. The reputation track and all items should remain, but this Reputation should not have an elite mark. There is just no good way to make them more accessible.

Agreed.

An alternative would be to allow people to get any elite mark for any queue via a box similar to the multiple choice marks we get.
    But that would create more problems than it solves, because the less desiderable queues would fail to start even more so than they do now.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Agreed.

An alternative would be to allow people to get any elite mark for any queue via a box similar to the multiple choice marks we get.
    But that would create more problems than it solves, because the less desiderable queues would fail to start even more so than they do now.

I actually considered that option first, an option to basically just give them to people. But at that point, if you’re going to give them away anyway.. it’s probably easier to just pull them. I agree with you that it would cause more problems then it would solve. Most Elite marks are just fine, the Stratagems are the lone exception and it seems to make the most sense to just address those directly.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    When I want these I basically wait for the endeavors that make the relevant STFs the flavor of the day. Outside of that gamma recruits and now Klingon recruits do have boxes to give you some, but you may have already used those or don't have them at all.
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    can also get one a day for 100 marks if i remember right, its not optimal but it helps.
This discussion has been closed.