test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle officially announced

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Meh - this bundle isn't for me, for various reasons. But rather than air my misgivings I'm simply going to keep my wallet closed.
    In my mind it sends a more perspicuous message than voicing an opinion which they are demonstrably not interested in.

What can i say, individually all the items in the box are ok.

B'rel - ok
    Excelsior - ok
    (Speculation) Ambassador Class will most likely be ok as will be the Vor'cha
    T6 coupons - ok
    etc.

But for me there is nothing in there which has the "Wow" factor and would warrant a purchase.
    I'll reserve my funds for when something arrives which is actually interesting such as a Tier 6 Nova
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Meh - this bundle isn't for me, for various reasons. But rather than air my misgivings I'm simply going to keep my wallet closed.
    In my mind it sends a more perspicuous message than voicing an opinion which they are demonstrably not interested in.

What can i say, individually all the items in the box are ok.

B'rel - ok
    Excelsior - ok
    (Speculation) Ambassador Class will most likely be ok as will be the Vor'cha
    T6 coupons - ok
    etc.

But for me there is nothing in there which has the "Wow" factor and would warrant a purchase.
    I'll reserve my funds for when something arrives which is actually interesting such as a Tier 6 Nova

Likewise. I'm really trying to keep my resolve and NOT spend any more money on the game.

I mean, I am admittedly a bit of a whale I guess - and whilst I'm not stupid enough to think that they'll actually notice the absence of any financial input from my account, I don't care. I have no reason to support the game with my wallet anymore.

I know, i kinda like the ships so far.. but at that price?, it's too much.. if the discount where higher, yeah sure, why not, or if they do a lite pack with just the ships.. but alas, i dont think that will happen.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    I have most of the Zen I need for this bundle through grinding Dilithium. On the one hand, I don’t want to support this pack because of how much of a disappointment it looks to be. I mean they couldn’t even give MW to one of the KDF ships. However, if people do not support this with their wallet, it will be a repeat of the Bortasqu Incident, whereupon the “metrics” suddenly say KDF ships don’t sell so you’re never getting another one for years.
  • mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    However, if people do not support this with their wallet, it will be a repeat of the Bortasqu Incident, whereupon the “metrics” suddenly say KDF ships don’t sell so you’re never getting another one for years.

Nobody should be guilted into lining Cryptic's wallet.
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    The fact that, at least according to Cryptic, things like the Romulan legendary starter bundle sold so well, and that people put significant time into the Romulans they used the level booster/other items on, would indicate that most people either like them, or are neutral about them.

They stated themselves that almost no one bought the legendary bundle with all the garbage added to it. People only bought the ships.
    They do, in fact, know that people do not want these things. Otherwise, everything afterwards would've been a choice, instead of pushing the price up by adding things they have stated themselves they know no one wants included.
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    > @mattingly1 said:
    > Nobody should be guilted into lining Cryptic's wallet.

Oh I agree. Hence why if I get it I’ll be using my ground down dilithium dust.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    mattingly1 wrote: »
    However, if people do not support this with their wallet, it will be a repeat of the Bortasqu Incident, whereupon the “metrics” suddenly say KDF ships don’t sell so you’re never getting another one for years.

Not even just that, with the Everyone can fly any ship thing, they're going to pretty much eliminate KDF ships entirely

We'll probably only see legendary KDf ships from here on out
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »

Not even just that, with the Everyone can fly any ship thing, they're going to pretty much eliminate KDF ships entirely

All we can hope for is new Klingon content in Picard or Strange New Worlds.

edited February 2021

All we can hope for is new Klingon content in Picard or Strange New Worlds.

I'm actually waiting for the KDF DSC refits, that are coming... at least, i'm pretty sure they will.. it's the logical next step, and im willing to buy those.. this pack, well, not bad (pretty sue the Vor'cha will be MW), but too expensive..
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    > @reyan01 said:
    > Agreed.
    >
    > I, personally, dislike their business model and will not therefore support it any longer.
    >
    > I refuse to buy another bundle. I know it'll still sell, and we'll be told it sold well if it comes up in discussion, but I'm sick of their cherry-picked metrics and am taking my money elsewhere.

We'll be told it sold well even if it didn't. They very rarely admit their failures.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    sinn74 wrote: »
    They stated themselves that almost no one bought the legendary bundle with all the garbage added to it. People only bought the ships.
    They do, in fact, know that people do not want these things. Otherwise, everything afterwards would've been a choice, instead of pushing the price up by adding things they have stated themselves they know no one wants included.
    They actually stated the exact opposite. Explicitly saying that the reason why they made the Discovery legendary bundle, with all the fluff added to it ,was because the Romulan legendary bundle, with all of its fluff, did so well. They likewise also said that the Romulans who had the level boost token used on them had extensive play time, which is again part of the reason they made the Discovery one with a similar token.

They keep making these bundles with fluff items exactly because the last ones sold so well.

All i can say is that while the bundle may be good value with all the stuff that is in there, it is not good value for me.
    The two T6 coupons are worthless to me since i have all the Tier6 ships from the C-store which i find interesting.

Same for the X-upgrades, i have plenty of those and really no ships of interest left to use them on.

And i can move down the list.
    Only things which i am keeping an eye out for is the Tier 6 Nova and Norway (not particularly in that order).
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    > @reyan01 said:
    > Agreed.
    >
    > I, personally, dislike their business model and will not therefore support it any longer.
    >
    > I refuse to buy another bundle. I know it'll still sell, and we'll be told it sold well if it comes up in discussion, but I'm sick of their cherry-picked metrics and am taking my money elsewhere.

We'll be told it sold well even if it didn't. They very rarely admit their failures.

I tend to agree. I do think a substantial amount of players will buy this, but I also think a certain amount of remaining players would buy this no matter what amount of ships offered or even if it was just a ship offered at whatever inflated price Cryptic could jack it up to. Just like there will be a certain amount of players that wouldn't buy this bundle no matter the offer too.

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User

Agreed.

I, personally, dislike their business model and will not therefore support it any longer.

I refuse to buy another bundle. I know it'll still sell, and we'll be told it sold well if it comes up in discussion, but I'm sick of their cherry-picked metrics and am taking my money elsewhere.

I am right there with you. I have bought pretty much every Romulan ship in the C-store and spend hundreds on keys and promo packs to get the few Romulan ships from lockboxes/promos. But I put my foot down (or more accurately, close my wallet) when it comes to these ABSURDLY EXPENSIVE bundles full of fluff and ships I don't want. If they want my money, they need to release individual ships without the fluff.
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    They actually stated the exact opposite. Explicitly saying that the reason why they made the Discovery legendary bundle, with all the fluff added to it ,was because the Romulan legendary bundle, with all of its fluff, did so well. They likewise also said that the Romulans who had the level boost token used on them had extensive play time, which is again part of the reason they made the Discovery one with a similar token.

They keep making these bundles with fluff items exactly because the last ones sold so well. At least according to them.
    This is quite disingenuous. The opposite would be that more people bought the legendary pack with all the garbage. They stated that it wasn't true. They saw that people did not buy the legendary bundle with all of the extra nonsense, so they decided (instead of not adding the nonsense) to force the nonsense on anyone who wanted the ships.

Kael went on a FOMO rant saying that if people didn't buy the Romulan pack (with garbage added), it wouldn't look good for the future of non-FED legendary ships. This is primarily why I don't trust him very much, if at all.
    You see, they knew people didn't want the stuff (besides people telling them en masse again), so they literally threatened no more stuff unless people bought it with the garbage attached. That was slimy, and he knew it.

The Romulan "bundle" was something people held their nose and tolerated because they
    a. wanted the ship that bad, and
    b. were told that if it didnt sell well, good luck getting more Romulan stuff.

They did this with the Discovery one too, and people complained about that, too, but held their nose again and bought it because they wanted the ship that bad.

Now, Cryptic has gone full-on ripoff with this "legendary" bundle, charging almost as much for 4 ships and some other stuff as they did for TEN ships, many of which people had been asking for for years.

Defending this makes not much sense to me. Cryptic isn't your friend. They exist to sell you things. They have ramped up the price gouging (yes, thats what it is) at every opportunity, and it's become both hilarious and sad. I dont understand how on one hand, they cant make actual content because theyre "short handed," yet at the same time, we should be paying more and more for their product to "keep the lights on." That makes zero sense, unless theyre short handed because they tripled everyones salary.

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »

Agreed.

I, personally, dislike their business model and will not therefore support it any longer.

I refuse to buy another bundle. I know it'll still sell, and we'll be told it sold well if it comes up in discussion, but I'm sick of their cherry-picked metrics and am taking my money elsewhere.

I am right there with you. I have bought pretty much every Romulan ship in the C-store and spend hundreds on keys and promo packs to get the few Romulan ships from lockboxes/promos. But I put my foot down (or more accurately, close my wallet) when it comes to these ABSURDLY EXPENSIVE bundles full of fluff and ships I don't want. If they want my money, they need to release individual ships without the fluff.

Yep. I only want the Excelsior...which I have paid for 3 times+ already counting fleet modules, T5U and X upgrades. I would be willing to shell out again for just the Legendary Excelsior, but not this bloated garbage. I'm pretty disappointed I won't get to fly the best version of my favorite ship, but it's just too much money for a bunch of stuff I don't want.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The reason why the Legendary Romulan Bundle sold well - IT WAS 50% OFF when released. I'll bet you'll find that the Mudd's Time, Faith and Dreadnought Bundles sold well when they were 75% off as well. Ditto the much better list price Mirror Bundle.

Wiith all the junk, a 50% off of this Bundle on release would probably boost sales as well.

Morale of the story, have more sane list prices to begin with and if you are hell-bent on fluffing a Bundle out - aggressively discount it upon release and when you do have 'Crazy Eddie' sales.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    The reason why the Legendary Romulan Bundle sold well - IT WAS 50% OFF when released. I'll bet you'll find that the Mudd's Time, Faith and Dreadnought Bundles sold well when they were 75% off as well. Ditto the much better list price Mirror Bundle.

Wiith all the junk, a 50% off of this Bundle on release would probably boost sales as well.

Morale of the story, have more sane list prices to begin with and if you are hell-bent on fluffing a Bundle out - aggressively discount it upon release and when you do have 'Crazy Eddie' sales.

Totally true.. yes you sale less at high price with the normal price, but at 50% you do record sales and win more money in the long run..
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    But that's the whole point, isn't it?
    They are saying that the Legendary Romulan Bundle sold well... but they aren't offering any proof of that beyond their words.
    Now, of course that's how everyone do business: never show your hand and, if necessary, lie even about the color of the sky.

That means that we aren't obligated to take their words at face value, tho. And in fact, I think you'll find that many do not believe them at all.
    Last year was, supposedly, the second best year money-wise since the game started... so, I ask: where has the money gone? Because I'm sorry, but I don't see it being reinvested in the game. So, unless the best year was like, a couple of Ks in profits then they're either lying or the money is going down the drain somewhere that's NOT the game. In which case: why should I continue to open my wallet to have basically nothing but fluff and bloated bundles in return?
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    D. If people didn't want it they wouldn't buy the ROM/DSC bundles they wouldn't have, and if people didn't want the fluff attached to it, then they wouldn't have used it. But they did buy it, and they did use it. Nor did any threat of there not being future ships affects that, because no such threat was ever made.

E. And the C-store value of that other stuff is equivalent to the price they had been selling many of those things individually for years. So if its OK so tell ships at 3,000 zen, and things like experiment ship upgrade token 3 packs at 2,000 zen, but selling a pack of a ship with a token pack for 4,900 zen is somehow a rip off? Because that it what you are saying.

D. Where is your data? Have you conducted an extensive poll of the playerbase? I bought the Rom Legendary bundle because it was all that was offered and I knew that if the sales were not there, we wouldn't get more Rom content in the future, but I did NOT want any of the other junk. Did I use it? Of course, I paid for it so it would have been stupid to throw it out. All I wanted was the ship, but I was forced to pay for a bunch of other junk I did not want.

E. If there is a bundle selling for 6500 zen with 2500 zen worth of junk I do not want, what is the value of the bundle TO ME? The answer is 4000 zen. So from my perspective, I had to pay 6500 zen to get something only worth 4000 zen. That is a rip-off, but a rip-off I was forced to live with because of point D above.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I would like to remind everyone to please keep it civil. Expressing one's opinions is welcome, but lets keep the flamethrowers in the armory.

I know subjects like this can be a bit heated, but lets keep it cool in here.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
    You would think by all the negative feedback they got on several different platforms like facebook, twitter, reddit, here they would I don't know try to communicate with their player base. I guess they simply don't care though because their sales trend told them it will sell lol.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Legendary bundles allowing gamblebox ships to be account wide are why I raise an eyebrow in a quizzical, spocklike manner at the upcoming meta reward being a gamblebox ship for just a single character.
  • therealblackkaostherealblackkaos Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    I’m not a fan of the bundle. Not only because it doesn’t have enough KDF ships but because of the fluff added. However, I’m glad that they did make improvements to the KDF story arcs and visuals. If it was all KDF or at least had at least 2-5 more ships I’d have been interested in it. I main a Fed and KDF so having some Legendary ships for both is a good starting point for me. However, I’m not a fan of any Fed ships prior to TNG so the ones in this pack don’t interest me in the least. Both my mains incidentally use the multi faction Temporal Dreadnought as their ship since it works for my play style. Now, if they make a Legendary Temporal bundle they’ll have my attention!
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Legendary bundles allowing gamblebox ships to be account wide are why I raise an eyebrow in a quizzical, spocklike manner at the upcoming meta reward being a gamblebox ship for just a single character.

Yes but that has always been the case, and continues to be so.

Still I welcome the upcoming meta reward, and very hopefully look to earn it.
    0zxlclk.png
  • faxmachine#9639 faxmachine Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Largely irrelevant to the actual conversation at hand here. Not personally wanting certain things in a bundle doesn't mean said bundle is a "ripoff", or "overpriced".

Hey Mr. Pot? Meet Mr. Kettle:
    To be perfectly honest, I've stopped caring about new ships for any faction in STO for awhile now....As it stands, the whole "legendary" gimmick just seems like something Cryptic is doing because they have pretty much mined out all the canon ship designs people care about, and the well is running dry.

Someone else doesn't want something and calls it a 'ripoff' or 'overpriced'? You get a mad on.

You don't want something and call it a gimmick? Um yeah.

We see what you are, mate. We see you.
This discussion has been closed.