test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not enough Console Slots on T6 Bird of Prey?

smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 211 Arc User
I am running a Disco Klingon through the event content. That character is now level 65.

I have noticed the free T6 BOP that comes as part of the event has only 9 console slots. My T6 Kor BOP has 10.

Doesn't that make the free event Bird-of-Prey a T5-U rather than a T6?

Edit: I also really would like it if the event BOP had a name for the class, so we could say "B'Rel BOP" or "Kor BOP" instead of "Event BOP."
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    The Disco T6 is basicly 2 things:

1) A free skin for the M'chala pilot BoP
    2) something to keep new players busy till they grind out the 11th Anniversary Raider. Which, going by the stats, is one of the best BoP's they have done tbh.

Failing that it's a good excuse to buy the KDF starter pack for the Kor.
  • Options
    alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    The ship does have a class it's a M'chala refit, a TRIBBLE poor refit though.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User

2) something to keep new players busy till they grind out the 11th Anniversary Raider. Which, going by the stats, is one of the best BoP's they have done tbh.

Thanks for this info as I don't have the M'chala so didn't recognize the similarities.

It nice to know there's both free and paid alternatives and those without the Kor are getting its starship mastery trait as part of the event. Withering barrage seems to really help keep cannon scatter volley up.
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »

I think you're possibly confusing two ships together... the recruit-reward BOP and the anniversary event reward BOP.

T5U's actually have the same number of console slots as a T6.

That said... this thing (the recruit reward BOP, I mean) statistically looks a lot like the slightly-nerfed "T5U" starter ship the Jem'Hadar get.

I don't think he is confused, he has a point. The T6 M'Chla has 5 seats and 10 consoles, the so called refit only has 4 seats and 9 consoles, which really makes it a T5, not even a T5U. Not to mention it doesn't even have the T6 M'Chla Pilot Maneuvers. It's essentially the T5 version of the T6, not a refit. The only thing T6 about it is the Level 5 mastery.
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »

Thanks for this info as I don't have the M'chala so didn't recognize the similarities.

It nice to know there's both free and paid alternatives and those without the Kor are getting its starship mastery trait as part of the event. Withering barrage seems to really help keep cannon scatter volley up.

I run a weird but fun, full turret build on my fleet B'rel. With withering barrage it's quite fun getting behind the enemy and ripping them up.

• Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    It really is a lie to call it a T6. The only thing that is remotely T6 about it is the fact that they gave it a recycled trait.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Only reason I'm still using it is, it's the only KDF thing I have with a battle cloak. Which is really handy for the 2500 Ambush Kills task.
  • Options
    sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Only reason I'm still using it is, it's the only KDF thing I have with a battle cloak. Which is really handy for the 2500 Ambush Kills task.

LOL what? I just did a quick check on the official wiki, and the KDF has 36 ships, 21 of which are T6, that have a battle cloak, and 5 ships, 3 of which are T6, that have an enhanced battle cloak.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    sci321 wrote: »
    kiralyn wrote: »

LOL what? I just did a quick check on the official wiki, and the KDF has 36 ships, 21 of which are T6, that have a battle cloak, and 5 ships, 3 of which are T6, that have an enhanced battle cloak.

I have maybe a dozen KDF ships, half of them low-tier; and I avoided the Raider/BoP's. I have Orion ships, a Raptor or two, maybe a Cruiser? Nothing that doesn't have plain old "cloak" or none at all. Not a big KDF player, plus I mostly play cruisers - a lot of which look like "flying space brick", so I haven't grabbed any for their costumes. My KDF characters (all Orions) frequently fly cross-faction event ships. /shrug

edit: nope, it's worse than that. Just checked in-game, and my only actual "KDF" T6 ships are the MatHa raptor, Qa'tel Flight Deck raptor, and Orion Blackguard Flight Deck assault carrier.
    T5, I've got the B'rel refit, Kar'Fi, Marauder flight deck, and Varanus support vessel. And, of course, the T5's aren't scaling.
This discussion has been closed.