test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So what is the next story arc going to be?

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    nrobbiec wrote: »
    Mirror Leeta and Killy is definitely a lingering thread. Something that reveals who the Emperor is now since James O'Brien no longer exists.

I'd like to see them do something for ENT's 20th this year. Maybe a Section 31 themed episode that undoes that god awful finale by giving us a Vulcan contact played by Connor Trinneer...

If there's more plot to be had with the Borg that'd be nice, an xB faction would be fun but would need justification and I doubt an origin of the Borg story would be allowed by CBS.

Maybe a coda to the temporal war arc. One last set of battles, bring back the Guardian and be there when time travel is made illegal. Bonus dialogue to TOS and DSC era characters who have to accept their arbitrary new forever home in 2411 or 12.

Whatever happened to the Enterprise-E? Probably can't tell that story.

Is there a story about holographic sentience still be told? I mean, we can have androids left right and centre in Starfleet and the KDF so maybe not but it would be a fun way of bringing back the Doctor and holo-Stamets and the Burnham simulacrum, the latter of which would be fun to see in today's uniform.

What kind of plot could bring us an appearance by Ezri on the Aventine or show us if the Cerritos is still around or I don't know give us Captain Vale on the Titan? Sod it. Fen Domar. I want a Fen Domar plot. Teased as aggressive aliens, complete blank slate. Go for it.

Maybe undo Trip Tucker's death, along the way, Denobulans were know to do genetic research, who's to say that Phlox didn't clone Trip like he did with Sim, maybe have a prime timeline version of Lorian who was like a big brother to Spock.

I agree with undoing Trip Tucker's death. After he was brought back to life through the clone Sim in the episode Similitude, what was so different about his death in These Are the Voyages...? Also, that wink at the end is not a wink someone who is about to die gives. I like how the novels handle it and imagine that as an unreleased Enterprise episode or even story arc.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Terran Empire Faction please!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »

I agree but apparently the majority of players get squeamish over that stuff, while I'm perfectly fine with going full Terran, we already committed genocide as Feds, what's a little torture and cannibalism going to do? it's not like we can undo all those deaths with time travel.
  • Options

I agree but apparently the majority of players get squeamish over that stuff, while I'm perfectly fine with going full Terran, we already committed genocide as Feds, what's a little torture and cannibalism going to do? it's not like we can undo all those deaths with time travel.

Nor do we have a mushroom realm that can resurrect people whenever it wants or Klingon lava clones!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options

Nor do we have a mushroom realm that can resurrect people whenever it wants or Klingon lava clones!

don't forget the Kobali.
  • Options

don't forget the Kobali.

How can one forget the criminal corpse collectors?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I wouldn't be adverse to revisiting section 31 and maybe a tie-in to the mecha-cthulu we glimpsed in Picard
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Honestly, the less plot points from Picard we get, the better. That story was complete TRIBBLE. And quite frankly, so was Discovery season 3.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    My only issue with a Terran faction would be that we would soften and have to defect to Federation or KDF. Give me agony booths and sexual liberation and go full Terran I say.
  • Options
    nrobbiec wrote: »
    My only issue with a Terran faction would be that we would soften and have to defect to Federation or KDF. Give me agony booths and sexual liberation and go full Terran I say.

Just think of it as sabotaging the Federation from the inside. the KDF was at war with the Federation during the first couple of arcs, there's no way they would allow Fed races on their planet even if they're Terran, Terrans joining the KDF makes no sense since they wouldn't last a week, they hate Terrans more than the Feds, they even manage to find out that certain diplomat was an undine infiltrator, in reality Terrans would just get the same treatment as AOY and Disco, as an alternate start for Fed Toons.
  • Options
    Just think of it as sabotaging the Federation from the inside. the KDF was at war with the Federation during the first couple of arcs, there's no way they would allow Fed races on their planet even if they're Terran, Terrans joining the KDF makes no sense since they wouldn't last a week, they hate Terrans more than the Feds, they even manage to find out that certain diplomat was an undine infiltrator, in reality Terrans would just get the same treatment as AOY and Disco, as an alternate start for Fed Toons.
    Not to mention that Terrans hate Klingons as much, if not more, then they do the Federation. Hell, the Terrans rendered Qo'nos nearly uninhabitable in the MU.

Terrans represent all the worst aspects of humanity while the Federation represents the best.

If Disco S3 does anything well, it's showing Georgiou's journey in this regard rather than the parody (admittedly enjoyable) that the mirror episodes tend to become.

I'd love to explore mirror culture and society in future storylines. The episode on mirror Bajor was one of the best in the game.
  • Options
    surprisingly the Terrans conquered the Orions by the 22nd century.
  • Options

I have a list of MU races that were conquered by Terrans in Ten Forward.
  • Options

Short version: ... Everyone?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options

No not everyone, they failed to conquer the Romulans, Klingons and Cardassians.
  • Options

Depends on which MU you are talking about. Georgiou conquered the Klingons

• Options

Well ... the Star Trek Online Terran Empire has.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2021
    I still think it have something to tie into Cardassia, also with Linkages to Badlands; and Mirror Story tie in being so close by.

Though it be nice to see even the Ferengi contribute to the Alliance with a Fleet Commerce Authority Consulate - place to perhaps offer a new Fleet Holding in Ferengi Space, or Planetside? Might eventually give us something new, to put our GPL to work along with other options for Fleet Credit &/or Dilithium...

I'd also love a few missions added to older ARC's, that maybe included Q or Q Junior as well; yet if this isn't a tall order what is?

Memory-Beta: Latinum
    "Latinum was a rare substance which was prized by many civilizations in the Alpha Quadrant, including the Ferengi Alliance."
    "Latinum was found naturally in the form of crystals which can be mined. Such crystals typically formed near pockets of nickel, iron, pergium, or cobalt."

So at least the Ferengi were smart enough to enrich it with lots of Gold dust, combining two rare resources into one.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    gold is not rare in star trek - it can be replicated, thus making it just as worthless as every other 'rare' mineral that can also be replicated​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    gold is not rare in star trek - it can be replicated, thus making it just as worthless as every other 'rare' mineral that can also be replicated​​

MppGTzY.png

I guess that's why Humanity in the 23rd & 24th Century, finally realized to change their pursuit away from it.

Still tell the Ferengi that! Though I'd welcome a Ferengi Fleet Commerce Authority Holding...

At least Humanity has hope, as Gene's vision is still alive! "
    ╘ sensical translator service: 'Star Trek' is still going strong, 30 years since he left us, this Oct 24th.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Lets not get into a debate over vision or intent guys.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kidinthehall#2744 kidinthehall Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @snowwolf#0563 said:
    > Probably more dragged out horrible Discovery and Picard focused content... Ugh.

Yeah probably cause they have that leaked Synth ship they gotta do something with.
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Yeah probably cause they have that leaked Synth ship they gotta do something with.

...didn't that end up in a lockbox?
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    garaks31 wrote: »
    Disco 31st recruitment would be nice with a exp. Pack like tos...

Hopefully disco dies with season 3 lol otherwise we will get some new elite mark called Tears of Mikey Spock.

From the Cry Hard with a Vengeance Rep
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Hopefully disco dies with season 3
    Season 4 already green lit. Get bent.

Yea for Discovery Season IV! I realize some may disagree, yet I'm greatly enjoying Discovery evolution; in fact enjoyed it from very early on. The only thing that's rubbed me the wrong way, was the change to Klingons. They did improve it a bit in Season 2, but I still like the TNG/DS9/Voyager & yes Enterprise Klingon look far more!

Though I'm also looking forward to Strange New Worlds as well, ...
    0zxlclk.png
This discussion has been closed.