test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle officially announced

1235789

Comments

  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited January 30
    So a B'rel, a Vorcha, an ambassador and an excelsior... that's not tooooo bad. depending on other factors I might snag it as I love all the ships in the pack. I do think it's worth noting this is not being billed as "the klingon legendary pack" but as the "11th anniversry pack" and includes in addition to two of the three iconic KDF ships, also includes legendary varients of the missing enterprises.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    Sad thing about this is that a few will actually buy it... Then Cryptic will shout, "it's the best bundle ever, and the players love it!"

    Would like to see them take a loss on this to send the signal...

    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Would like to see them take a loss on this to send the signal...

    That is wishful thinking.
    Not because it will sell but because the "production cost" are minimalistic.

    This is why this Business model can keep almost anything afloat. It costs nothing to make and brings in huge amount of money.

    RDR2 costs you 50$ on PC at launch produced by ~1600 people over 5 years.
    And Craptic sell you some simplistic models and some spreadsheets for 180$ produced by probably 5 guys in 2 month...
  • somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 9,019 Arc User
    edited January 30
    kurtron wrote: »
    Maybe they're still holding off, and will surprise us by adding that 3rd episode they said was coming with the Anniversary to the bundle, to justify the cost? :/
    I think the third episode was pushed back so they could do a longer two parter for the next update, to make the finale bigger. That or the Boreth episode was increased into two episodes, so the finale episodes that would have come with this update got pushed back.
    lianthelia wrote: »
    What sales trend was telling them players want all this fluff?

    The people who spend their money on keys and promo boxes probably don't care about c-store ships...and the people who would buy these c-store ships probably don't care about all the extra junk
    I would assume the same sales trends that made them say that the Legendary Rom bundle, with all its fluff, was such a good seller that they made the Legendary Disco bundle, with all its fluff.

    While I am totally uninterested in the fluff myself, and would prefer a bundle without it, from what we have been told, the "fluff" hasn't stopped people from buying the past bundles in such numbers that they consider them successes.
  • coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 9,245 Arc User
    So much for the legendary KDF bundle. Can we call YoK officially a joke now?
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 14,377 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Sad thing about this is that a few will actually buy it... Then Cryptic will shout, "it's the best bundle ever, and the players love it!"

    Would like to see them take a loss on this to send the signal...

    CM

    Sadly we'd never know whether or not they'd take a loss on it since they don't share their sales figures.

    Lets face it - we can't really win here. Firstly because they've made it very clear that feedback from the vocal minorities on the forum/social media isn't worth their time.
    Secondly because they don't share anything about sales beyond very rare references to sales trends.

    Unfortunately this means that the only 'feedback' we'd ever get (if any) is that the bundle was a huge success. We are therefore stuck with Devs who produce content like this based on cherry-picked metrics that allow them to decide what we want FOR us.


  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 41,017 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Sad thing about this is that a few will actually buy it... Then Cryptic will shout, "it's the best bundle ever, and the players love it!"

    Would like to see them take a loss on this to send the signal...

    CM

    Sadly we'd never know whether or not they'd take a loss on it since they don't share their sales figures.

    Lets face it - we can't really win here. Firstly because they've made it very clear that feedback from the vocal minorities on the forum/social media isn't worth their time.
    Secondly because they don't share anything about sales beyond very rare references to sales trends.

    Unfortunately this means that the only 'feedback' we'd ever get (if any) is that the bundle was a huge success. We are therefore stuck with Devs who produce content like this based on cherry-picked metrics that allow them to decide what we want FOR us.

    And even if it was a failure they'd never admit it and would claim it was a success anyway.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    I've had more than 20k Zen (fluctuated a bit with the other legendary bundles of interest, but I intended to day one the KDF bundle, just like I day one'd the Fed bundle) sat in my account since not long after they released the first Legendary Bundle waiting for the KDF bundle. I was thinking that a reasonable bundle of comparable status to the Fed bundle would be B'rel, Negh'var, Vorcha, Bortasqu, at least one D7 (considering the Fed bundle had the Connie, Konnie and Donnie) and then one Disco KDF ship. Obviously, there's no science ship equivalents, and therefore, I've had six Klingons waiting for the KDF bundle before I decide what to do for their ships.

    This bundle though... The ships have already been revealed on the launcher, and of them two are ships I want, while the other two just don't interest me.

    Breaking the pack down, all four legendaries are C-Store ships originally, in extreme contrast to the Fed pack where half the pack were lobi/lockbox/promo ships, which heavily reduces the value of blowing two hundred dollars on the pack. (and, unlike the Fed pack, there's no Zen sale and bonus Zen this time around to soften the blow) What's more, I already have all the B'rel variants released to date, which reduces the value of the B'rel to me substantially. So, straight away this bundle is nowhere near as desirable as the Fed bundle was, nor as desirable as the mirror and romulan legendary packs were. To put a price on it though, 4k Zen per ship.


    2 100% Off T6 Ship Coupons (useful; 4800 Zen or lower)
    The Ability to Fly Ships of Any Faction, Unlocked Across Your Entire Account (a free thing anyway, and one I already have thanks to 4 Klingons at 65, nevermind other KDF characters)
    6 Ship Slots (useless to me as I do forever ships for each character)
    6 Experimental Upgrade Tokens (filler, although it's at least useful filler)
    11 Ultimate Tech Upgrades (useful, hard to define a price though because the value heavily depends on what you upgrade, comparison to RNG results to get to Mk XV Epic and the value of buying Dil and EC with the Zen instead and just burning phoenix upgrades and accelerators... Say 250 Zen each as a guesstimate compared with current Dil/Zen rates)
    11 Master Keys (filler; odds are you won't get anything useful)
    11 R&D Promotional Ship Crafting Packs (filler; odds are you won't get anything useful)
    Gre’thor Targ Combat Companion (already have it)
    Exclusive to Pack – Holo Bridge Officer: Worf (filler)
    Exclusive to Pack – Boreth Monk Robes Outfit (objectively filler, but I like outfits, so it's at least desirable filler. 550 Zen.)
    Exclusive to Pack – Title “Got to Eleven” (filler, and not remotely valuable either)

    The rest of this has a value to me of 5k Zen and approximately 360 million EC once the sellables are gone, as the vast majority of it is fluff that I wouldn't buy at all, or not at Cryptic's price points for them, or I would buy in a different way that maximises the EC return for selling the items. Retail value though puts it at 16000+6000+1500+4000+2750+1125+3000+1000 for the rest, which makes for a decent saving if you would actually buy at those prices. (I assume no one is stupid enough to pay even 1k for a free unlock, let alone 2k)

    For me, the bits I want come to roughly 11-13k Zen, depending on how I value the new B'rel. Make 2 more Feds to use the other ships and it breaks even. The only question is if this is it for KDF legendary ships, and therefore this is the only option, or if they'll bring out an actual KDF legendary pack later in the year.

  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 10,415 Arc User
    Why does everyone say B'Rel and Vor'Cha? The one ship on the left still in the shadow is clearly a K'Vort? pig-17.gif

    But yes, the pack is garbage plain and simple pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 9,019 Arc User
    edited January 30
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    For me, the bits I want come to roughly 11-13k Zen, depending on how I value the new B'rel. Make 2 more Feds to use the other ships and it breaks even. The only question is if this is it for KDF legendary ships, and therefore this is the only option, or if they'll bring out an actual KDF legendary pack later in the year.
    Kael has already said this is the big legendary pack for the year, but did also say there may be other bundles, akin to the Rom/DSC/Mirror one, coming out later this year.

    I would guess either a legendary TOS, or DSC, D7, or a legendary Negh'Var, bundle for Klingons to match the DSC and Rom bundles.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    Kael has already said this is the big legendary pack for the year, but did also say there may be other bundles, akin to the Rom/DSC/Mirror one, coming out later this year.

    I would guess either a legendary TOS, or DSC, D7, or a legendary Negh'Var, bundle for Klingons to match the DSC and Rom bundles.

    And that is the big question, isn't it? All we can do is guess.

  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 41,017 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Why does everyone say B'Rel and Vor'Cha? The one ship on the left still in the shadow is clearly a K'Vort? pig-17.gif

    But yes, the pack is garbage plain and simple pig-2.gif​​

    The ships in the pack were leaked early by Cryptic
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Why does everyone say B'Rel and Vor'Cha? The one ship on the left still in the shadow is clearly a K'Vort? pig-17.gif

    But yes, the pack is garbage plain and simple pig-2.gif​​

    The ships in the pack were leaked early by Cryptic

    There is a screenshot of the leak earlier in the thread, unless it's been taken down.

  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    This almost solidifies that with enough people buying this bundle we players won't get any more big "Legend" bundles but instead Cryptic will piece-meal sell them solo or a couple of ships at a time including lots of little fluff pieces.

    At this point I wonder if Cryptic really ever considered creating a KDF Legendary Bundle.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    This almost solidifies that with enough people buying this bundle we players won't get any more big "Legend" bundles but instead Cryptic will piece-meal sell them solo or a couple of ships at a time including lots of little fluff pieces.

    At this point I wonder if Cryptic really ever considered creating a KDF Legendary Bundle.

    Of course not. The "year of the klingon" was just a way to placate KDF players before they dismantle factions next year.


  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    They obviously knew that this would be the reception of the bundle otherwise why wait until after the anniversary had started to begin the trickle feed of info instead of using it to build interest alongside the klink stuff and freebie announcements in the run up to tuesday.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    This bundle is so bad that even Somtawwkhar is having trouble defending it
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    > @fallenkezef#4581 said:
    > This bundle is so bad that even Somtawwkhar is having trouble defending it

    You are a pathetic little troll.

    Don't waste your time, Som.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    They obviously knew that this would be the reception of the bundle otherwise why wait until after the anniversary had started to begin the trickle feed of info instead of using it to build interest alongside the klink stuff and freebie announcements in the run up to tuesday.

    What I don't understand is how they missed such a no brainer. The community on both sides of the feddybear/KDF divide have been after things like a B'rel and D7.

    A proper KDF bundle without the padding would of sold and sold well.

  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    This is a massive disappointment - right now would be the perfect opportunity to release a Legendary Klingon Bundle with a similarly-sized grouping of iconic klingon ships. It would be exactly when everyone is expecting to see it, during the long-awaited KDF recruitment event, and there are plenty of fairly clear candidates for that bundle.

    My guess is that someone decided that it wouldn't sell without a swanky new skin for each of the ships included, and they lacked the budget to produce them, so instead they rolled out this silliness based on which new skins they did have available from a while back but which they were holding off for more of their smaller-but-less-worthwhile single ship bundles and churned out...this.

    crm14916 wrote: »
    Sad thing about this is that a few will actually buy it... Then Cryptic will shout, "it's the best bundle ever, and the players love it!"

    They took the same PR class that Trump did. Our skepticism is, of course, just fake news.
  • sci321sci321 Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited January 30
    garaffe wrote: »
    Let me start by saying that I am not a KDF player, and I wouldn't have bought a KDF legendary pack anyways. However, I am a Romulan player, so I can empathize with my forgotten KDF companions.

    That being said, this bundle is just insulting, plain and simple. The devs have the audacity to give us 2 legendary KDF ships for the insane price of 25k zen and claim that it is THE legendary KDF bundle the players have been waiting over a year for??? If I was a KDF player and I wanted the legendary ships of my faction, Cryptic is basically forcing me to pay for Fed TRIBBLE that I don't want along with a bunch of junk. Basically, from the perspective of a long time KDF player, Crypic is asking for $100 per legendary KDF ship.

    How is this bundle anything BUT insulting??

    While there are KDF players that are upset by their faction once again getting the short end of the stick ship-wise, that is not the main issue most players have with this bundle. The main issue is that this year's legendary bundle has a similar asking price as last year's, but only contains 4 legendary ships. If Cryptic cut out most of the bloat and either 1) cut the price by around half or 2) put in 2 to 4 more legendary ships, bonus points if they were KDF ones, then this year's bundle would've been more well received.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    PLEASE do not connect my post to politics...

    :neutral:
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 9,019 Arc User
    edited January 30
    This almost solidifies that with enough people buying this bundle we players won't get any more big "Legend" bundles but instead Cryptic will piece-meal sell them solo or a couple of ships at a time including lots of little fluff pieces.

    At this point I wonder if Cryptic really ever considered creating a KDF Legendary Bundle.
    Cryptic had already said they didn't plan to make all, or even most, ships into a "Legendary" version. After the initial 10 pack covered pretty much every hero ship in the game, but La Sirena, I doubted we would get another pack of the same size, since theres barely enough ships to make one.

    This is compounded with the problem that many of the ships people suggest for such a pack aren't really legendary ships. Things like the Mogai/Valdore, the Kelvin D7, and the raptor, don't really qualify, based on the standards Cryptic had said they use.

    At this point I could see
    • La Sirena
    • California class
    • D'deridex
    • Scimitar
    • TOS/DSC D7
    • Negh'Var
    • Sarcophagus
    Maybe the ENT-J just to get every single ENT covered, and, if they are feeling it, maybe a Legendary Galor class for the Cardassians. But that's about it.
    What I don't understand is how they missed such a no brainer. The community on both sides of the feddybear/KDF divide have been after things like a B'rel and D7.

    A proper KDF bundle without the padding would of sold and sold well.
    I am going to guess that the Legendary D7 is the Klingon starter bundle legendary, akin to how the Romulans got the TOS BoP as their legendary starter bundle ship.

    I also doubt many of these bundles are made for old timers. Cryptic has been fairly constant in pointing out how the Discovery content has brought in more new people then even ViL did, and how their numbers have been overall much better since the DSC content started.

    Not just in regards to things like the DSC/ROM/Mirror Legendary bundles being, in many ways, directed to new players, with a bunch of boosts and other things that don't really matter much to old timers, but also things like the "ships of the line" packs, the large scale revamp of the early Klingon content, the smaller updates they made to the early Fed content, stripping out all the old early game Fed/KDF TFOs, and revamping them with the DSC TFOs, as well as the large focus on systems/QOL updates, the DSC starting experience, and this new Klingon recruitment event, Cryptic has been, in many ways, very directed to newer players these last few years.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    For me, it's a price thing... I don't care that they are only offering 4 "legendary" ships... It's that they're asking $250 USD for them with a handful of TRIBBLE filler...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    I have to say I am extremely grateful to Cryptic for saving me around $1250, since I purchased the original Legendary on five of my accounts and would have found the money somewhere again for something even close to that bundle in terms of value and content on those same accounts.

    This pitiful, bloated excuse for a 'Legendary' bundle, which should be renamed the '2021 Anniversary Mediocre Bundle' at best, I would not touch with the proverbial barge-pole on even one of my accounts.

    I am not really what some people term a whale since I do not spend money on anything I do not see as having good value both for money and content appeal, and hence do not spend on gambling and largely cosmetic items, but it is safe to say that given this and Cryptic's recent sales strategy in general that any future funds this 'whale' might have spent on STO will be sailing in search of new feeding grounds.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,757 Bug Hunter
    edited February 1
    strathkin wrote: »
    I just wanted to review:

    2 100% Off T6 Ship Coupons
    ╘ a normal 6000 ZEN Value.
    The Ability to Fly Ships of Any Faction, Unlocked Across Your Entire Account
    ╘ a 1000 ZEN Value, though many have a 65 level Klingon, but not those who only play FED.
    6 Ship Slots
    ╘ a 1500 ZEN Value.
    6 Experimental Upgrade Tokens
    ╘ a 4000 ZEN Value
    11 Ultimate Tech Upgrades
    ╘ Not sold individually, but rarely sold in unique bundles - and Great for New Players/Characters.
    11 Master Keys
    ╘ a 1125 ZEN Value for normally 10.
    11 R&D Promotional Ship Crafting Packs
    ╘ These aren't (Normal) Research & Development Packs, they can award Promo Ship - yet a Value of 3300 ZEN.
    Gre’thor Targ Combat Companion
    ╘ Sold Individually for 800 ZEN.
    Exclusive to Pack – Holo Bridge Officer: Worf
    ╘ Geordi in Mudd's Market go for 4000 ZEN (not on sale) - though you're encouraged to wait for Mudd's Deals.
    Exclusive to Pack – Boreth Monk Robes Outfit
    ╘ The only way to unlock this for Klingons is here, assuming priced similar to Kelvin Uniform by Mudd of 6000 ZEN.
    Exclusive to Pack – Title “Got to Eleven”

    Realize I don't think this will make everyone happy, yet that's often difficult to do in any reality. Still when I add up the individual value it comes to 27725 ZEN, and it's excluding value one assigns to 11 Ultimate Upgrades! So a price of 25000 ZEN isn't bad, yet different than the Fed Legendary 10 Pack--mostly focused on Ships.

    I realize some aren't happy about 2 Fed Ships, yet believe they wanted to give a little to everyone; given the theme of Cross Faction flying in this Update.

    Why go through all that calculating to get whatever amount of cost you say is okay & others don't? When valuing something for others to possibly buy you should value it at the least not the potential most. Could those Keys & Promo R&Ds win a ship? Yes. Will they probably? No.

    It's similar reasoning as saying, "This brand new price of $$$$, & that's a good deal, but don't worry even though we've never sold this before for that price it's on sale for a limited time for $$$ which is a better deal so buy now."

    I'm just stating facts, as those are values if purchased individually at normal rates, and there is no arguing that.

    I think everything I said was very fair, and try not to jump on the heavy criticism train some have. I understand some don't like the composition of what's offered, and realize it's also likely geared towards new people, or those returning after some time. The value each individual places on it, will depend on what they need, or desire within it. Also they have yet to reveal the 3 other new Account-Wide Starship traits are; and it (may) have some eating crow later on?

    I'm not encouraging anyone get this, or discouraging either. All I'm being is fair, while also being understanding, or empathic depending what others may have unlocked. I've seen some claim two T6 ship tokens have no value, and yet they continue to release more all the time. Or perhaps the Faction ship unlock may not appeal to others which is also fair, yet those who had only Fed Characters it's a nice to have. Yet even if you price this at 26725 ZEN (individually) for a normal bundle price of 22500; it still doesn't include the value of 11 Ultimate upgrades. They have no normal price, only rarely bundled, and in far smaller quantities.

    While I understand some wanted to see a Legendary Klingon 5, or 10 pack, both were highly unlikely. If they do one upon conclusion of the Year of Klingon offering a Legendary Klingon Bundle; we'd be lucky to see a 2 or 3 ship Bundle perhaps with far fewer add-on's, as this one in the Legendary Anniversary bundle has a lot! It may also be more like the Legendary Romulan Starter Bundle. Yet that doesn't mean we'll see it either, so <3 or >:) it's everyone choice, yet at 25% off provides a higher value to some.
    I am going to guess that the Legendary D7 is the Klingon starter bundle legendary, akin to how the Romulans got the TOS BoP as their legendary starter bundle ship.

    I also doubt many of these bundles are made for old timers. Cryptic has been fairly constant in pointing out how the Discovery content has brought in more new people then even ViL did, and how their numbers have been overall much better since the DSC content started.

    Not just in regards to things like the DSC/ROM/Mirror Legendary bundles being, in many ways, directed to new players, with a bunch of boosts and other things that don't really matter much to old timers...

    Yes well said!

    I'm a big fan of discovery, even despite a 'few' ships that didn't feel right at first, and I'm still mixed on the change to Klingons. While they did a lot to warm up a few (in part) with Discovery Season 2; thought Enterprise did a great job explaining the TOS Klingon discrepancy. Discovery kind of opened a can of ... despite greatly enjoying all Seasons of Discovery! And yes I even like and adore Burnham's character, she's not perfect and has flaws, yet the reality is we all have them... ...some just adapt, learn, or comprise more; and focus on the strengths they & others bring.

    nanVTyW.png
    Star Trek Enterprise Klingon of the 22nd Century.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    aYC8Lwf.png
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    This almost solidifies that with enough people buying this bundle we players won't get any more big "Legend" bundles but instead Cryptic will piece-meal sell them solo or a couple of ships at a time including lots of little fluff pieces.

    At this point I wonder if Cryptic really ever considered creating a KDF Legendary Bundle.
    Cryptic had already said they didn't plan to make all, or even most, ships into a "Legendary" version. After the initial 10 pack covered pretty much every hero ship in the game, but La Sirena, I doubted we would get another pack of the same size, since theres barely enough ships to make one.

    This is compounded with the problem that many of the ships people suggest for such a pack aren't really legendary ships. Things like the Mogai/Valdore, the Kelvin D7, and the raptor, don't really qualify, based on the standards Cryptic had said they use.

    At this point I could see
    • La Sirena
    • California class
    • D'deridex
    • Scimitar
    • TOS/DSC D7
    • Negh'Var
    • Sarcophagus
    Maybe the ENT-J just to get every single ENT covered, and, if they are feeling it, maybe a Legendary Galor class for the Cardassians. But that's about it.
    What I don't understand is how they missed such a no brainer. The community on both sides of the feddybear/KDF divide have been after things like a B'rel and D7.

    A proper KDF bundle without the padding would of sold and sold well.
    I am going to guess that the Legendary D7 is the Klingon starter bundle legendary, akin to how the Romulans got the TOS BoP as their legendary starter bundle ship.

    I also doubt many of these bundles are made for old timers. Cryptic has been fairly constant in pointing out how the Discovery content has brought in more new people then even ViL did, and how their numbers have been overall much better since the DSC content started.

    Not just in regards to things like the DSC/ROM/Mirror Legendary bundles being, in many ways, directed to new players, with a bunch of boosts and other things that don't really matter much to old timers, but also things like the "ships of the line" packs, the large scale revamp of the early Klingon content, the smaller updates they made to the early Fed content, stripping out all the old early game Fed/KDF TFOs, and revamping them with the DSC TFOs, as well as the large focus on systems/QOL updates, the DSC starting experience, and this new Klingon recruitment event, Cryptic has been, in many ways, very directed to newer players these last few years.

    It just doesn't make sense.

    The B'rel is the PERFECT choise as a legendary starter bundle like the Rom package.

    D7 is the PERECT choice for an Anni bundle.
  • somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 9,019 Arc User
    edited January 30
    It just doesn't make sense.

    The B'rel is the PERFECT choise as a legendary starter bundle like the Rom package.

    D7 is the PERECT choice for an Anni bundle.
    Sure it does.

    The TOS Romulan BoP was THE iconic Romulan ship, in many ways more so then the D'deridex, and the Scimitar(which is technically a Reman ship).By that same metric, the Klingon D7 is THE iconic Klingon ship, even more so then the B'rel, Vor'cha, or Negh'var.

    People are far more likely to buy a D7 on its own(well, in a bundle where its the only ship with other fluff items) then they are to buy a B'rel in a similar standalone bundle. So you would put the lesser asked for B'rel in a bundle with other ships, while having the D7 in a package on its own.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    strathkin wrote: »
    I just wanted to review:

    2 100% Off T6 Ship Coupons
    ╘ a normal 6000 ZEN Value.
    The Ability to Fly Ships of Any Faction, Unlocked Across Your Entire Account
    ╘ a 1000 ZEN Value, though many have a 65 level Klingon, but not those who only play FED.
    6 Ship Slots
    ╘ a 1500 ZEN Value.
    6 Experimental Upgrade Tokens
    ╘ a 4000 ZEN Value
    11 Ultimate Tech Upgrades
    ╘ Not sold individually, but rarely sold in unique bundles - and Great for New Players/Characters.
    11 Master Keys
    ╘ a 1125 ZEN Value for normally 10.
    11 R&D Promotional Ship Crafting Packs
    ╘ These aren't (Normal) Research & Development Packs, they can award Promo Ship - yet a Value of 3300 ZEN.
    Gre’thor Targ Combat Companion
    ╘ Sold Individually for 800 ZEN.
    Exclusive to Pack – Holo Bridge Officer: Worf
    ╘ Geordi in Mudd's Market go for 4000 ZEN (not on sale) - though you're encouraged to wait for Mudd's Deals.
    Exclusive to Pack – Boreth Monk Robes Outfit
    ╘ The only way to unlock this for Klingons is here, assuming priced similar to Kelvin Uniform by Mudd of 6000 ZEN.
    Exclusive to Pack – Title “Got to Eleven”

    Realize I don't think this will make everyone happy, yet that's often difficult to do in any reality. Still when I add up the individual value it comes to 27725 ZEN, and it's excluding value one assigns to 11 Ultimate Upgrades! So a price of 25000 ZEN isn't bad, yet different than the Fed Legendary 10 Pack--mostly focused on Ships.

    I realize some aren't happy about 2 Fed Ships, yet believe they wanted to give a little to everyone; given the theme of Cross Faction flying in this Update.

    Why go through all that calculating to get whatever amount of cost you say is okay & others don't? When valuing something for others to possibly buy you should value it at the least not the potential most. Could those Keys & Promo R&Ds win a ship? Yes. Will they probably? No.

    It's similar reasoning as saying, "This brand new price of $$$$, & that's a good deal, but don't worry even though we've never sold this before for that price it's on sale for a limited time for $$$ which is a better deal so buy now."

    I'm just stating facts, as those are values if purchased individually at normal rates, and there is no arguing that.

    I think everything I said was very fair, and try not to jump on the heavy criticism train some have. I understand some don't like the composition of what's offered, and realize it's also likely geared towards new people, or those returning after some time. The value each individual places on it, will depend on what they need, or desire within it. Also they have yet to reveal the 3 other new Account-Wide Starship traits are; and it (may) have some eating crow later on?

    I'm not encouraging anyone get this, or discouraging either. All I'm being is fair, while also being understanding, or empathic depending what others may have unlocked. I've seen some claim two T6 ship tokens have no value, and yet they continue to release more all the time. Or perhaps the Faction ship unlock may not appeal to others which is also fair, yet those who had only Fed Characters it's a nice to have. Yet even if you price this at 26725 ZEN (individually) for a normal bundle price of 22500; it still doesn't include the value of 11 Ultimate upgrades. They have no normal price, only rarely bundled, and in far smaller quantities.

    While I understand some wanted to see a Legendary Klingon 5, or 10 pack, both were highly unlikely. If they do one upon conclusion of the Year of Klingon offering a Legendary Klingon Bundle; we'd be lucky to see a 2 or 3 ship Bundle perhaps with far fewer add-on's, as this one in the Legendary Anniversary bundle has a lot! It may also be more like the Legendary Romulan Starter Bundle. Yet that doesn't mean we'll see it either, so <3 or >:) it's everyone choice, yet at 25% off provides a higher value to some.
    I am going to guess that the Legendary D7 is the Klingon starter bundle legendary, akin to how the Romulans got the TOS BoP as their legendary starter bundle ship.

    I also doubt many of these bundles are made for old timers. Cryptic has been fairly constant in pointing out how the Discovery content has brought in more new people then even ViL did, and how their numbers have been overall much better since the DSC content started.

    Not just in regards to things like the DSC/ROM/Mirror Legendary bundles being, in many ways, directed to new players, with a bunch of boosts and other things that don't really matter much to old timers...

    Yes well said! I'm a big fan of discovery, even despite a 'few' ships that didn't feel right at first, and I'm still mixed on the change to Klingons. While they did a lot to warm up a few (in part) with Discovery Season 2; thought Enterprise did a great job explaining the TOS Klingon discrepancy. Discovery kind of opened a can of ... despite greatly enjoying the show!

    nanVTyW.png
    Star Trek Enterprise Klingon of the 22nd Century.

    Values are based on what people want to spent and on what not what the sales price is. If you don't sell anything it has 0 value to you. And all the Gambling Garbage has 0 Value to most people. So yeah its not based on value but on price and price doesn't matter if you don't have a customer who pays the money for it...

    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 31
    Things like the Mogai/Valdore, the Kelvin D7, and the raptor, don't really qualify, based on the standards Cryptic had said they use.

    The Kelvin D7 would if only from the standpoint that the Constitution has three flavors, and the legendary pack gave us all three of those.
    I am going to guess that the Legendary D7 is the Klingon starter bundle legendary, akin to how the Romulans got the TOS BoP as their legendary starter bundle ship.

    That thought had crossed my mind too, after seeing what a total ripoff the anniversary pack is. It would make sense given that the other two temporal TOS-era ships (the Constitution and the Romulan BoP) have legendary counterparts. Though it does beg the question on whether or not a D7 legendary bundle would include the Discovery one as well.
    i2G6X0u.jpg
    "Let us redefine progress to mean that just because we can do a thing, it does not necessarily follow that we must do that thing."
    - Federation President Ra-ghoratreii, Khitomer Conference opening ceremony, 2293

    Real Join Date: October 2010
Sign In or Register to comment.