test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Temporal event re-boot

sslorrsslorr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
I was wondering if there has been any talk of a temporal event re-boot. As I understand it Cryptic was reluctant to do it because it was a Fed only event. Now that the KDF has there own event that is not true now.
I was unable to participate in the Temporal event due to a health issue and missed it by just a few days.
I'm an old TOS fan and was really stoked when they were doing the lead up to the event, then life happened and I missed it. So just hoping they can re-boot it so I can add an agent to my stable.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Obviously can't take this as a guarantee because a) it might not be correct and b) things can change later even if it is their intent now, but...
    unknown.png
    There might be hope. :smiley:
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    Maybe there should also be Romulan exclusive recruitment event, they're the only faction without one now, Dominion had Gamma recruits, Feds had AoY, Klingons have Klingon recruits, I think it should be called Tal Shiar/Zhat Vash recruits.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Maybe there should also be Romulan exclusive recruitment event, they're the only faction without one now, Dominion had Gamma recruits, Feds had AoY, Klingons have Klingon recruits, I think it should be called Tal Shiar/Zhat Vash recruits.

Be careful what you ask for. Next year will be "year of the romulan" they gut the Rom missions and release a "legendary" pack with fed ships
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »
    Obviously can't take this as a guarantee because a) it might not be correct and b) things can change later even if it is their intent now, but...
    There might be hope. :smiley:

Who knows anymore....first they tell us no, then eventually because of demand they said they will find a way to make the rewards available in some other fashion (But in years now never did), and now that.

Only the Devs themselves can truly answer the question
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Best time to rerun a temporal recruitment was when disco feds were added. Same rewards and minor tweaks to text would have been all that was needed.
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User

I was thinking along those lines myself, While not Tal Shiar, but A Rom event.

My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Best time to rerun a temporal recruitment was when disco feds were added. Same rewards and minor tweaks to text would have been all that was needed.

I tend to agree. I remember thinking that Cryptic might re-run it back then too, there would've been an alignment of sorts positively with that. At this late stage I'm wondering if Cryptic simply doesn't want certain rewards contain in the Temporal Recruitment event made available again or, I'm leaning more into this possibility, Cryptic wants to monetize access to it & other recruitment re-runs somehow in the future.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Actually... I believe the stated reason for not running it again had been that they wanted to be more inclusive of the KDF. Now based on what was posted earlier, it sounds like they may either have found a way to be more inclusive of the KDF, or are just open to running it again as is now.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Actually... I believe the stated reason for not running it again had been that they wanted to be more inclusive of the KDF. Now based on what was posted earlier, it sounds like they may either have found a way to be more inclusive of the KDF, or are just open to running it again as is now.

I hope you're correct. I still think Cryptic re-running such recruitment events at least once a year wouldn't be a negative for the game & only a potential positive for any players that had missed out & new players, but obviously Cryptic's train of thoughts & my own don't run parallel.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    I hope you're correct. I still think Cryptic re-running such recruitment events at least once a year wouldn't be a negative for the game & only a potential positive for any players that had missed out & new players, but obviously Cryptic's train of thoughts & my own don't run parallel.

Well... its possible that now that we have a dedicated Klingon Recruit event, they are more open to having the Temporal recruit again, which is Fed only. It kinda balances out.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.