test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

'Command any ship' - kind of inclined to call this a lie

2»

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    It isn't like this decision followed by the executable action was done in haste.

Cryptic had to heavily consider this, & the potential impact on STO, then devise a method to implement it into STO without mucking things up to the 10th degree.

I'm guessing this whole process from conception to this week's execution took months.

Cryptic knows their game & the ships involved, I'd even bet there's a list of ships included & not included for various reasons.

Cryptic chose not to convey itemized information prior to the release.

The title of the post says it all: "Command Any Ship" https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483253-command-any-ship

With most, if not all, things Cryptic communication could've been better, but it wasn't terrible & if there are glitches with this it will probably be addressed being this was such a monumental maneuver.

Meanwhile, I'm focusing on the Klingon recruitment event & while enjoyable I'm finding it glitched galore & rewards seem puny so far especially compared to previous recruitment events. Cryptic just doesn't seem to enjoy Klingon favored players imo.
  • mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    Update: I decided to fall on my sword tonight and open this - I felt like the community deserved an answer.

We can get the Atlas. All's well. I was wrong.

imZLFI0.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Good to know.. thanks for taking the bullet for the rest of us.. glad it didn't hit you! :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Any word on the Temporal Destroyer? (am just curious as I sprung for that and the Science Vessel via Mudd's.)

I personally want to know about the D7/Connie.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Any word on the Temporal Destroyer? (am just curious as I sprung for that and the Science Vessel via Mudd's.)

yes, the temporal destroyers give a choice box too - at least the one from mudd's does, as that's the only one i own; i can't speak to regular temporal destroyers​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    jivedutch wrote: »
    This one is a good example of on working, and one not ..

The "[Special Requisition Pack - Temporal Destroyer [T6]]" properly presents the option to select between the Fed/Kdf/Rom version
    The "[Special Requisition Pack - Temporal Science Vessel [T6]]" only presents the current faction ship.

After reading the thread posts apparently it is not clear .... after grabbing the boxxes from Mudd and opening them i get ..
    The Destroyer pops up with a dialogue to select one of three options ..
    The Science pops up with a dialogue to select a single option available....
    On my Cardassian i only had the option to choose the Qul'poH temporal Science vessel.

The wording on the box pop-up and in the description is the same , therefore the difference is a bug/oversight at the moment since they behave differently.
    mattingly1 wrote: »
    Update: I decided to fall on my sword tonight and open this - I felt like the community deserved an answer.

imZLFI0.png

I'm just glad it worked out for you & in your favor! Might sound funny since STOis only a game but way to be courageous then also have the integrity & follow-through to report it to allow others to know too.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    mattingly1 wrote: »

imZLFI0.png

Kudos for being brave on this one; glad it worked out for you.
  • narconarnnarconarn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Came on here to check this out. My lvl 65 KDF aligned Rom can't unlock my andorian ships. Kinda miffed.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Can I get a list from folks of what ships you can't use currently? Those are all bugs. Anything that's locked is, IIRC, just something we missed.

Also I have never lied to you. :)
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    my guess is unlock is for regular zen store ships only, lock box ships still tied to faction.
    Also noticed I can't unlock any kdf ships with my fully fed character at 65 (only have 2 freebies). Is this a tutorial issue? Seems all my c-store ships are affected.
    Oh, so I need to have at least 1 actual klingon at 65 to unlock for everyone else? If so thanks for the info.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    Can I get a list from folks of what ships you can't use currently? Those are all bugs. Anything that's locked is, IIRC, just something we missed.

does that include ships that can't be claimed from the store until you reach a certain level? because there are several T3 & 4 ships i can't claim on my recruit, presumably because i haven't hit the rank needed to do so...which makes no sense that i can claim any T5 or T6 ship i want once i get out of the tutorial on any character, but i have to wait until an arbitrary level on lower tier ships​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.

Bold statement, I'd even say mostly accurate, but I recall you stating that combat tardigrade would be account-wide while livestreaming & promoting that Discovery Operations Pack & that never happened.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    So far, only ship I've had issues with has been mentioned, the Temporal Science Vessel (Verne et al), via Mudd. I don't have any lock box or promo ships though. Haven't had any issues with Z store ships.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Tier 2-5 ships will show up as available when you meet the level requirements, even if they're from another faction. (I saw that I could get a Utility Cruiser, among other stuff, on my KDF char via dil from the ship vendor.) Not sure if the event freighters (Kobayashi Maru and KDF freighter) are level locked. You may be able to reclaim them even if you can't open the box due to level.

Note that Mudd's Market ships (and ships tab) won't show up until you've reached a certain level (level 4?) or certain point in the tutorial, not sure which.
This discussion has been closed.