test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle officially announced

Comments

• kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Maybe they're still holding off, and will surprise us by adding that 3rd episode they said was coming with the Anniversary to the bundle, to justify the cost? :/
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I just had a possibly controvertial theory pop into my head.

Everyone's upset that its not a Klingon only bundle...
    BUT... after some time to think about it... I don't think this is the KLINGON bundle. I mean think about it. They didn't call it the Legendary KDF Bundle. They called it the ANNIVERSARY bundle. Which to me could say... that the KDF bundle is still in the pipe.
    westmetals wrote: »
    Admittedly, if you go by screen-canon... those two Fed ships in particular, have story linkages to the Klingons. One being Sulu's ship in Undiscovered Country (as well as being the intended chase ship in Search for Spock) and the other wasthe ship at the Battle of Narendra (which in fact the shipyard T6 version is named after).

D'OH! I forgot that Excelsior was pivotal to an event with the Klingons. I was racking my brain trying to figure out how the Ent-B was involved.

Whatever it is its still a really really bad move.

Selling them as a legendary Fed pack and a legendary KDF pack woulda been a smarter move. there's to many Feds that are gonna pass this bundle cuse the KDF tax and the same thing of KDF passing cuse Fed tax.

Price is just way to high and the amount of heavy cross faction players to low
  • tidetogo1tidetogo1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    Wow, feel bad man. I'll be clear and say I wouldn't of bought a KDF legendary bundle anyway as Im a primary Romulan player. But I bought the Rom one and it was pushing my limits, if the Rom bundle had been like this with 2 fed 2 rom ships at $250 I'd have passed so hard.

That really sucks for any KDF mains that have been waiting all this time for the KDF legendary bundle to be slapped with Federation tax, makes it like $125 a ship.. wtf. And waiting on someone to be like BUT ITS REALLY ONLY 93.75 CUSE THE SAAAAAALE!!!! /gag

Count me as one of those long time KDF mains. Got told by alot of people (including some on this board) "Don't worry! Yours is coming!" Hard pass on this.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Let me start by saying that I am not a KDF player, and I wouldn't have bought a KDF legendary pack anyways. However, I am a Romulan player, so I can empathize with my forgotten KDF companions.

That being said, this bundle is just insulting, plain and simple. The devs have the audacity to give us 2 legendary KDF ships for the insane price of 25k zen and claim that it is THE legendary KDF bundle the players have been waiting over a year for??? If I was a KDF player and I wanted the legendary ships of my faction, Cryptic is basically forcing me to pay for Fed TRIBBLE that I don't want along with a bunch of junk. Basically, from the perspective of a long time KDF player, Crypic is asking for $100 per legendary KDF ship.

How is this bundle anything BUT insulting??
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    25% discount??, lower that to 35% and i'm kinda interested.. 50% and i'll buy it in an instant.. but as of now.. no... too expensive..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Overall not a good bundle, so far, imo & not a good value.

The bundle isn't inspiring nor very tempting & if this is ends-up being Cryptic's attempt at an equivalent Klingon Legend Bundle then it's a failure & disappointing, but great trolling of any Klingon enthusiast player(s).

Is this what Legend bundles have been diluted to now needing to include ship coupons, while good upon their own, for other older non-Legend already in-game ships?

"Command Any Ship" has already debuted & more than likely will be had by players when this releases so mostly worthless addition.

The (6) ship slots & X-Upgrades makes me think there might be (2) more undisclosed ships to this bundles' roster, maybe???

(11) Ultimate Upgrades is decent & the Keys should be thought of as little value like adding (44) Lobi & (11) Salvaged Technology bits lol.

Was the Gre'thor Targ the earnable combat pet or the other from the C-Store that had an inflated price compared to other combat pets?

The Holo-Worf is good but that really depends upon the traits, & I'm sure the Boreth Monk robes will look cool.

The Vo'n'talk class visual is decent I guess but that reception is always subjective. The ship's shields are less than a fleet B'rel lol, not even Improved Raider Flanking, & the only newness is the Deadly Appearances trait which does read as good potential. The included consoles seem like a good complimentary too: click the induction coils, use the sub-jumper followed by the shield destab, then mop up firing the quantum warheads along with your other weapons for the kill(s). Again, nothing stands above, even slightly, per stats compared between the fleet B'rel, D4X, & fleet M'Chla.

So far based upon this, a no buy, easy decision.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    Let me start by saying that I am not a KDF player, and I wouldn't have bought a KDF legendary pack anyways. However, I am a Romulan player, so I can empathize with my forgotten KDF companions.

That being said, this bundle is just insulting, plain and simple. The devs have the audacity to give us 2 legendary KDF ships for the insane price of 25k zen and claim that it is THE legendary KDF bundle the players have been waiting over a year for??? If I was a KDF player and I wanted the legendary ships of my faction, Cryptic is basically forcing me to pay for Fed TRIBBLE that I don't want along with a bunch of junk. Basically, from the perspective of a long time KDF player, Crypic is asking for $100 per legendary KDF ship.

How is this bundle anything BUT insulting??

And the stats...they're bound to suck. Since the "legendary" Brel is 4/2 I'm guessing the Vorcha will remain 4/4 as well and the Excelsior has a chance to remain engineering bloated (But it is a Fed ship so they may actually change that)

They took the Brel and couldn't even give it 5/1 weapon slotting

They took the Vorcha and Ambassador, both of which already have a c-store version with full temporal specialization so they're less desirable to buy

They took the Excelsior, a ship which has had a history of low desirability

And bloat it with a lot of fluff people probably don't even want, and the stuff they may or may not be able to sell for ec will not see a return in cost

This pack is destined for the dumpster and I'm sure they will use it as a excuse that Klingon ships don't sell
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    Am a KDF player.

Holy **** what a dumpster fire of a bundle. Bundle of garbage. And a price tag of $250. Lmao. Sure, Jan.

Embarrassing.
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    This is hilarious. A complete ripoff for suckers in the Year Of The Middle Finger.
    Just let this game die.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    This is essentially the same price as the Legendary bundle from last year that had TEN SHIPS, but with 6 ships missing and a ton of stuff that no one cares about tossed in too.

If the price was around 150 dollars instead... or if they had closer to 10 ships, I wouldn't mind it as much. But this is just... shameful at this point.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Count me in the crowd of, "I was likely to buy some KDF Legendary Ships on release," as well as "Yes I bought the original 10 pack and the Mirror pack," twice actually since my wife and I have separate accounts so there's 2 buys of both of those in our home. And this is not appealing. I do like the two Starfleet ships and the remaining KDF ship we're speculating will be there, and I do like the BoP. But the price point is too high for all the extras being included, and I was really hoping for a D7 at minimum (and a few others, like the ones mentioned in the thread.)

And if they do another small bundle with a leveling token , I'm out, those don't interest me at all. Just throwing my 2 EC out there. To me, they did a lot of great stuff on this Anniversary release, but this Legendary is a complete miss.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
    Count me in the crowd of, "I was likely to buy some KDF Legendary Ships on release," as well as "Yes I bought the original 10 pack and the Mirror pack," twice actually since my wife and I have separate accounts so there's 2 buys of both of those in our home. And this is not appealing. I do like the two Starfleet ships and the remaining KDF ship we're speculating will be there, and I do like the BoP. But the price point is too high for all the extras being included, and I was really hoping for a D7 at minimum (and a few others, like the ones mentioned in the thread.)

And if they do another small bundle with a leveling token , I'm out, those don't interest me at all. Just throwing my 2 EC out there. To me, they did a lot of great stuff on this Anniversary release, but this Legendary is a complete miss.

There is no speculating, Cryptic accidentally leaked what the other 3 ships are going to be. But agreed. This is a terrible decision on their part.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I truly, sincerely hope that that's in fact NOT the Klingon Legendary Bundle, otherwise they're just trolling us.
    2 Klingon ships - the B'Rel and the Vor'cha, because OF COURSE the D7 was to much to ask - 2 Federation Ships and all that fluff for 175 quid at a discount and 250 at full price?!

I have been saving for the past year to get enough to buy the Klingon Legendary Bundle. I've got enough for this pack and more... but if this is it, then they can keep it.

Yeah, my wallet stays shut.

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Funny thing. They actually already showed all the ships on the launcher image:

57guLse.jpg

Explains the latest update for the Ambassador.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    > @westx211 said:
    > There is no speculating, Cryptic accidentally leaked what the other 3 ships are going to be. But agreed. This is a terrible decision on their part.

I get that, but as it was a leak, and therefore might be deleted, I went with "speculating." Although perhaps I should have said "allegedly" as they do before a criminal trial is concluded.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    They need another word. "Legendary" is not the word I would use for this pack.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
    > @westx211 said:
    > There is no speculating, Cryptic accidentally leaked what the other 3 ships are going to be. But agreed. This is a terrible decision on their part.

I get that, but as it was a leak, and therefore might be deleted, I went with "speculating." Although perhaps I should have said "allegedly" as they do before a criminal trial is concluded.

Ah, I see. Sorry about that. Allegedly would have made more sense I think
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    joshmaul wrote: »
    They need another word. "Legendary" is not the word I would use for this pack.
    The word you are looking at or the words are Rip Off.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I have been saying for a year now that the "legendary KDF" bundle would basicly be a Fed HMS Bounty B'rel.

Call me Nostradamus.

This isn't a KDF Bundle, it;s a Fed Bundle. 2 classic Fed ships, a HMS Bounty and a Vor'cha to tie in with the tv shows.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    No point in complaining. When they were 'challenged' about their lack of interest in producing a T6 Nova we were clearly told that they base everything on 'sales trends'.

Therefore one can only assume that their analysis of 'sales trends', and their vaunted metrics, told them that this was what players wanted.

What sales trend was telling them players want all this fluff?

The people who spend their money on keys and promo boxes probably don't care about c-store ships...and the people who would buy these c-store ships probably don't care about all the extra junk

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The greedonomics is becoming stronger all the time, the way bundled ships have been going with the legendary bumper sticker to blind folk to the ridiculous cost, seeing them try to sell 4 ships for that price is no real surprise.

Doesn't make it any less disgusting.

R&D crafting packs are trash filler with bonus gambling, keys are just to get folk gambling and pad the overall bundle. The upgrade things are more filler, useful but until they add content that isn't just rinse repeat wave of soggy tissue enemies upgrading gear to max serves no real purpose. The t6x tokens fall into the same pitfall, give us content to justify upgrades.

As I said, it's greedonomics.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited January 2021

57guLse.jpg

If you look on the front page, on the info, the silhouette doesn't match what they've shown. In the news article is seems the far right could be a new odyssey, the back could be a new galaxy version, and left of the BOP seems like it could be that larger BOP vessel, think its called a K'vort? I may be wrong but I think there will be more ships.

stopic1.jpg

borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I may be wrong but I think there will be more ships.

They said outright four ships. Two Fed, two Klingon. And the silhouettes don't mean a thing. Because both the Fed silhouettes are the same thing, and the Bird-of-Prey is what you could call a "default logo". They did a legendary Odyssey with last year's pack, I don't think they would do another one. Let's not create false hopes.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

57guLse.jpg

If you look on the front page, on the info, the silhouette doesn't match what they've shown.

The silhouette means nothing. If you don't remember, they had non-matchng silhoutettes when they were introducing the Fed legendary bundle a year ago too. The launcher reveal was a goof, which Kael admitted on reddit. They have removed it now, but the ships you see in that launcher pic are in fact the 4 ships in that bundle.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User

57guLse.jpg

If you look on the front page, on the info, the silhouette doesn't match what they've shown.

The silhouette means nothing. If you don't remember, they had non-matchng silhoutettes when they were introducing the Fed legendary bundle a year ago too. The launcher reveal was a goof, which Kael admitted on reddit. They have removed it now, but the ships you see in that launcher pic are in fact the 4 ships in that bundle.

Yeah can't remember, but you're prob right. Such a shame, four ships, unreal for that level of money.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    I just wanted to review:

2 100% Off T6 Ship Coupons
    ╘ a normal 6000 ZEN Value.
    The Ability to Fly Ships of Any Faction, Unlocked Across Your Entire Account
    ╘ a 1000 ZEN Value, though many have a 65 level Klingon, but not those who only play FED.
    6 Ship Slots
    ╘ a 1500 ZEN Value.
    6 Experimental Upgrade Tokens
    ╘ a 4000 ZEN Value
    11 Ultimate Tech Upgrades
    ╘ Not sold individually, but rarely sold in unique bundles - and Great for New Players/Characters.
    11 Master Keys
    ╘ a 1125 ZEN Value for normally 10.
    11 R&D Promotional Ship Crafting Packs
    ╘ These aren't (Normal) Research & Development Packs, they can award Promo Ship - yet a Value of 3300 ZEN.
    Gre’thor Targ Combat Companion
    ╘ Sold Individually for 800 ZEN.
    Exclusive to Pack – Holo Bridge Officer: Worf
    ╘ Geordi in Mudd's Market go for 4000 ZEN (not on sale) - though you're encouraged to wait for Mudd's Deals.
    Exclusive to Pack – Boreth Monk Robes Outfit
    ╘ The only way to unlock this for Klingons is here, assuming priced similar to Kelvin Uniform by Mudd of 6000 ZEN.
    Exclusive to Pack – Title “Got to Eleven”

Realize I don't think this will make everyone happy, yet that's often difficult to do in any reality. Still when I add up the individual value it comes to 27725 ZEN, and it's excluding value one assigns to 11 Ultimate Upgrades! So a price of 25000 ZEN isn't bad, yet different than the Fed Legendary 10 Pack--mostly focused on Ships.

I realize some aren't happy about 2 Fed Ships, yet believe they wanted to give a little to everyone; given the theme of Cross Faction flying in this Update.

Why go through all that calculating to get whatever amount of cost you say is okay & others don't? When valuing something for others to possibly buy you should value it at the least not the potential most. Could those Keys & Promo R&Ds win a ship? Yes. Will they probably? No.

It's similar reasoning as saying, "This brand new price of $$$$, & that's a good deal, but don't worry even though we've never sold this before for that price it's on sale for a limited time for $$$ which is a better deal so buy now."
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    So a B'rel, a Vorcha, an ambassador and an excelsior... that's not tooooo bad. depending on other factors I might snag it as I love all the ships in the pack. I do think it's worth noting this is not being billed as "the klingon legendary pack" but as the "11th anniversry pack" and includes in addition to two of the three iconic KDF ships, also includes legendary varients of the missing enterprises.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Sad thing about this is that a few will actually buy it... Then Cryptic will shout, "it's the best bundle ever, and the players love it!"

Would like to see them take a loss on this to send the signal...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Would like to see them take a loss on this to send the signal...

That is wishful thinking.
    Not because it will sell but because the "production cost" are minimalistic.

This is why this Business model can keep almost anything afloat. It costs nothing to make and brings in huge amount of money.

RDR2 costs you 50$ on PC at launch produced by ~1600 people over 5 years.
    And Craptic sell you some simplistic models and some spreadsheets for 180$ produced by probably 5 guys in 2 month...
This discussion has been closed.