test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

📢 The Reddit/Twitter dev tracker thread 📢

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    How I'll look after a year of grinding events for the prize

Should have seen me back when I was grinding zen for the DS9 bundle back when Dilithium and the DL Exchange was first introduced. Nowadays, at least for me, getting dilithium isn't a burnout. And as a veteran grinder in STO... I accept that if I want something, I gotta put in the effort. Netted me quite a few shiny new toys over the years. I just adopted a "set goalposts and don't JUST focus on the end goal" mentality, and went from there.

My only criticizm right now is the number of events back to back. While they don't take too long depending on what is being done, it is kinda busywork. But... on the other hand... it is SOMETHING to do when you don't have anything else in game to work on. So its a give/take situation, at least for me, and probably many of the veterans who have already taken care of rep projects and story missions.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Betting on either Picard Zhat Vash/synths/mechathulu, or Leeta returning, and them finishing up one of the final original arc ideas they had.

I wouldn't mind at all some history missions about that Zhat Vash but imo priority should be given to wrapping-up any potential loos ends with the ViL story lines & I think that was proposed at one pointed to be including that Leeta's returning or was that another story line?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I wouldn't mind at all some history missions about that Zhat Vash but imo priority should be given to wrapping-up any potential loos ends with the ViL story lines & I think that was proposed at one pointed to be including that Leeta's returning or was that another story line?

Before Cryptic got the green light for Discovery content, the original plan for post ViL was going after Mirror Leeta again and finishing that up.
    IMO that arc probably got better because not only do we have to deal with Mirror Leeta, we got Mirror Tilly as well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I'm gonna bet on something like J'mpok, like the dishonorable coward he now is, ambushes Martok who survives but loses the Sword of Kahless in the fight, J'Ula protects him but gets mortally stabbed in the process, while holding J'mpok's arm to give him a pre-mortem one-liner, giving enough time for
    L'Rell
    to grab the SoK and run J'mpok through, which technically would make her the rightful owner of the sword, bringing J'Ula's time vision to reality and freeing Martok from having to deal with the "threat" of chancellorship as long as he had the sword.

Then Aakar tries one last move on
    L'Rell
    and J'Ula takes a last shot, killing him, fulfilling her part of the bargain for
    Gowron
    's soul with the Lord of Gre'thor right as she dies, getting the last laugh in the end.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    im still perplexed and pissed that no one asks the CM on the other social sites why he avoids posting things in the forums. (and not hear a - the forums are toxic BS answer)

Actually, someone did. The post was ignored completely.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    since cross faction is a thing now, will these also be following this option? the details on the webpage says the klink ships are for klinks, and fed for fed. not a huge deal, but would be nice to know.

Probably just outdated terms info for giveaways that they copy + pasted.
    im still perplexed and pissed that no one asks the CM on the other social sites why he avoids posting things in the forums. (and not hear a - the forums are toxic BS answer)

If I had to guess, Reddit and Twitter probably get much more traffic than the forums do, so he's probably just going where most of the players are which as much as I hate it I can't really blame him for.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Wait what? We can choose from ANY Lockbox or PROMO ship?
    HelplessConsciousBluefintuna-small.gif
    YES!

Yes, I also found this to be good if not great news! Wish more could find positive things to say.

It was also extremely nice they made a few ships Account-wide with the Mudd's Bundle's, and doesn't mean they won't in future release a few more. To me I was also surprised they included a few others in the Legendary Pack too! Just wish more could be appreciative, as I was surprised, and grateful they offered even those!

That's my opinion however...

I do wish we'd see CM &/or DEVs a bit more regularly post to their forums. Trendy used to do a very good job of it, and she'd focus on the positive, while acknowledging concerns; focused on news she could share. Kael does a good job of that in Ten-Forward.

I think if a few more even in these forums, identified more good, so not a one sided focus on criticism; or when there is some, try hard to make more constructive. Then maybe we'd see them a bit more. Still I follow the model (Trendy) tried hard to set, as best I can. <3
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    A free promo or lockbox ship of our choice?
    That is good news.

Edit: Removed false info.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    it's not an account-wide unlock...even though it should be, but i guess they're reserving all those for mudd's black market​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    it's not an account-wide unlock...even though it should be, but i guess they're reserving all those for mudd's black market​​

Meh... then it is sorta okay but also weak...
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    If I post in here, will someone quote it and post it in here again? :)

Also, this is a great idea and I'm going to sticky it. Thanks for collating the stuff that's posted other places.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    since cross faction is a thing now, will these also be following this option? the details on the webpage says the klink ships are for klinks, and fed for fed. not a huge deal, but would be nice to know.

Probably just outdated terms info for giveaways that they copy + pasted.

If I had to guess, Reddit and Twitter probably get much more traffic than the forums do, so he's probably just going where most of the players are which as much as I hate it I can't really blame him for.

sure we can. his preferred method is not the only method. why should we as a community, and for those that dont desire to create additional accounts for details and information regarding STO, be forced to locate information that should be posted on the "Official Forums?"

He is a CM, and we are a community. we deserve details just as much as those on the other platforms., if not at least first.
    The people on twitter and facebook are also part of the community.
    Information usually finds its way to the forums anyway. Because we are a community, we don't actually need the community manager to write posts personally. Members of the community will do it.
    And I almost believe part of this "Schnitzeljagd" for information is what actually makes people even more emotionally invested in it. Because the ones to post threads like this will be thanked for by their peers for what they do.

Thanks @thegrandnagus1 , by the way.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited January 2021

Yep!
    Also, this is a great idea and I'm going to sticky it. Thanks for collating the stuff that's posted other places.

Like I said earlier, stickies tend to blend in with the background of the forum and can easily be missed. I prefer the thread simply getting bumped back to the first page when there is a new post, and existing in the 'thread area' that people see most. Oh well :/

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited January 2021

Yep!

Like I said earlier, stickies tend to blend in with the background of the forum and can easily be missed. I prefer the thread simply getting bumped back to the first page when there is a new post, and existing in the 'thread area' that people see most. Oh well :/

I actually think it's nice having it front & center, especially if people focus on info that either extends new details, or other things not seen in news or forum blogs.

Just as you've done above, and another nice catch! BTW... ...I'll be sure to check it weekly to see what others caught. :)
    0zxlclk.png
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

I think I was pacing at (1) box of 25 dilithium every 10 minutes so I think I'll be able to carry-on.

I'm more disappointed in the puny lesser-than gear rewards compared to other recruit events myself, but it's Klingon & it's Cryptic so it sadly makes sense.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

I think I was pacing at (1) box of 25 dilithium every 10 minutes so I think I'll be able to carry-on.

It's practically raining Dil boxes in queues though.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    edited January 2021
    I didn't think the Dilithium Ore boxes was anything too special, perhaps it is just me? I'd get a few 4-7 each mission so maybe 25-175 Extra Ore for 10-15 minutes or slightly longer? First time missions run-thru gives far more Ore, and replays give 192.

My Recruit isn't raining in Dithium Ore, as the Twitter implied. I mean any little extra Ore is nice, most Ore I've gotten is from first time mission completion.
    0zxlclk.png
    > @mustrumridcully0 said:
    > The people on twitter and facebook are also part of the community.
    > Information usually finds its way to the forums anyway. Because we are a community, we don't actually need the community manager to write posts personally. Members of the community will do it.
    > And I almost believe part of this "Schnitzeljagd" for information is what actually makes people even more emotionally invested in it. Because the ones to post threads like this will be thanked for by their peers for what they do.
    >
    > Thanks @thegrandnagus1 , by the way.

That's akin to a firefighter staying in the fire house and not going to the fire because, meh, the neighbors can put out the fire.

I get other platforms are players too, however, to have the player base here do the job of the CM is uncalled for.

The forums have become the red headed step kid for anything anymore.

Isn't that what the Galactic News portion is for? News?

Hell, if the current CM dislikes the forums, pay grand a wage to replace him here.

/offsoapbox

If marketing or "community guy" is like firefighting, than posting on twitter or facebook is putting out the big fire so it doesn't spread. But it's really more the opposite of firefighting - putting the fire where it will spread the best and burn as much as possible. People don't generally link to forum posts on twitter. They link to tweets in forum posts.
    The important stuff the player really has to know is on their website already - things like downtimes, patch notes, ongoing sales. The stuff that's just there to get people interested in the game or remind them that they should come back, that's twitter or facebook material.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    Facebook, Twitter and forums have been around for a while, and so have community managers. I suspect that they do what they do because it works, and I can see why it works. It doesn't matter if they "promote" the forums as the way to discuss STO in the forums because it just won't be working. Because not all people are like that, going to forums regularly to get up to date and then jump into some discussions and going in deep. It's just a high barrier of entry, and it requires deeper engagement than they are ready for.

A tweet, or a facebook post - that just appears in your stream ,and you an read it, ignore it, reply to it, reshare it with others.

And of course, there are also technical limitations. I can't even visit these forums during my work day, because gaming sites are blocked by the company's firewall. I can go to reddit, twitter, or facebook because these are pretty universal communication platforms and if you block them as well, you might reduce distractions for your workers, but in many jobs, you might also hinder their ability to do their job and stay up to date in their profession.