test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle officially announced

Comments

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    also 6 ship slots.... these are character only so... yeah great if you only have 1 character. they should at least make it 6 ship slots claimable once per character on account. just make it character bound, so no trading between characters on account.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I just had a possibly controvertial theory pop into my head.

Everyone's upset that its not a Klingon only bundle...
    BUT... after some time to think about it... I don't think this is the KLINGON bundle. I mean think about it. They didn't call it the Legendary KDF Bundle. They called it the ANNIVERSARY bundle. Which to me could say... that the KDF bundle is still in the pipe.
    westmetals wrote: »
    Admittedly, if you go by screen-canon... those two Fed ships in particular, have story linkages to the Klingons. One being Sulu's ship in Undiscovered Country (as well as being the intended chase ship in Search for Spock) and the other wasthe ship at the Battle of Narendra (which in fact the shipyard T6 version is named after).

D'OH! I forgot that Excelsior was pivotal to an event with the Klingons. I was racking my brain trying to figure out how the Ent-B was involved.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, the fluff is of no interest to me.. so I see 4 ships for $187-$250 USD.

This is an easy pass. Just not a good deal but I am sure their 'metrics' say it will be all the rage.

We'll see.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Yes, as in her D7. She was talking to them over coms. Hence why her ship only starts shaking/taking damage, with the whole getting hit and bleeding from the head scene only happening after the D7s show up, and Control starts attacking them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFpKcPhbfyg
    on Discovery: "It's a Klingon Cleave ship, sir... but I'm detecting other non-Klingon power signatures too."
    *less than one minute later*
    on Enterprise: "Captain, we've been hailed by the Klingons. -On screen!"
    Tyler, on the Cleave Ship bridge: "Sorry it TOOK us a while to get HERE, Captain."
    on Enterprise: "The cavalry arrived just in time."
    *a few second later*
    L'Rell, on the Cleave Ship bridge: Fire on the armada. Destroy everything."

Also note the flashing lights made by the battle happening, which means they're indeed already here in the thick of the battle, and Discovery specifically says there is only the Cleave ship as a Klingon ship at this point.

https://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/discovery-sets-props.htm
    Listed as "Klingon Cleave Ship bridge (publicity photo)":
    cleave-bridge-suchsweetsorrowii.jpg
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Having two Fed ships seems a bit odd to me. Unless they're tying the two fed ships to actions involving Klingons...

Eh... I'm not gonna get on the hate train. If people want it, they're welcome to it. The only thing I'm really wondering about is the fed ship inclusion.

I'm not at all surprised by the Excelsior, given how much it is adored by a member of the team, I assume the ambassador is a nod to the Enterprise-C. There are legendary versions of all the known(starfleet) Enterprises now, except the J.

No clue why the Vorcha was chosen over the D7, unless the latter is going to be the next Legendary 'starter pack'(to be fair, it will/would practically print money for them). Chronologically speaking, I can see why the Vorcha would be chosen over the Negh'var though.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited January 2021

BUT... after some time to think about it... I don't think this is the KLINGON bundle. I mean think about it. They didn't call it the Legendary KDF Bundle. They called it the ANNIVERSARY bundle. Which to me could say... that the KDF bundle is still in the pipe.

That's why I said: "I truly, sincerely hope that that's in fact NOT the Klingon Legendary Bundle, otherwise they're just trolling us."
    They've let us down too many times for me to really hope that this is indeed just "another" Legendary Bundle, but I cannot totally discard that it's a possibility.

So if that's the case, then ok - this pack remain way too overpriced for my tastes, but it's cool.
    If, on the other hand, this is indeed the Klingon Legendary Bundle then, pardon my french but they can go TRIBBLE themselves.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2021
    The Targ of Grethor, assuming its the same one that was (still is?) in the store only cost 500 when not on sale, absolutely not worth 2000. I got mine for 400.

Ship slots are superfluous in my experience. I don't know how other people do things, but I'd be surprised if anyone really uses all their ship slots and can't cull the herd for ships they don't fly or only fly long enough for the trait. I have several ship slots sitting in my account bank from some other thing, possibly the first legendary pack.

Promo packs are worth nothing unless you win a ship. (Assuming you can't sell these, maybe you can.)

Keys are a little more valuable as boxes do give some useful items. (Again assuming you can't sell them.) But I'll take them at stated value...

Granted I made an omission, the Targ of Grethor is confirmed to be 800 ZEN individually, still a good catch and I've updated it. I'm not debating the value others place on each individual item, that's up to each individual and what they may need.

Still the individual value comes to 27725 ZEN, and this excludes value one assigns to 11 Ultimate Upgrades! So a price of 25000 ZEN isn't bad, and I've updated the thread you've quoted to correctly reflect this!

As is shown on:
    Page 2.

Technically it's called the Anniversary Legendary Bundle not Klingon Legendary Bundle; as @rattler2 identifies above, replying to @westmetals point about the two Fed ships.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    also 6 ship slots.... these are character only so... yeah great if you only have 1 character. they should at least make it 6 ship slots claimable once per character on account. just make it character bound, so no trading between characters on account.

It would be nice to grant 3 packs of Ship Slots (2) that could be unpacked by the character of your choice. Though perhaps they'll consider that revision before it's released. So hopefully they will consider your point. @tigeraries
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

If a big KDF bundle was coming, it would've been now. The best I think anyone could hope for at this point is Ship of the Line bundles for the Neghvar and Bortasqu, plus a Klingon lvl 65 boost bundle with a Legendary D7.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Just posted on reddit:
    Ok, I'll step in quick here, because I don't want to fan the flames of false hope. This is the big Legendary Bundle for this year. There may be other Legendary Bundles this year, including one I think you'll like based on the reaction today, but they will be on the scale of the Romulan, Discovery and Mirror Bundles. There aren't any plans for a ten ship bundle, I'm sorry.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/l7z2dw/pro_tip_read_the_actual_title_of_the_bundle/gla01rn/

So nope, there won't be any big 10 ship KDF bundle.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483463-the-2021-anniversary-legendary-bundle

Seems a bit lackluster imo, only 4 ships?? I wanted to see a Legendary Neghvar and Bortasqu, but since it's only four I'm guessing they won't be making the cut. Lame.

I really wanted a legendary Bortasqu and maybe a Discovery D7 since I love carriers, once again proves that even in "The year of the Klingon" they need to give Feds stuff even though since STO began every year has been "The Year of the Fed"

This bundle is a joke...they couldn't even make the "legendary" B'rel a 5/1? It's another Bortasqu effect, this pack is bad and is meant to fail, so when it does they can point to it as their de-facto excuse as to why they wont make any new Klingon ships.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ..snip..

You're wasting your time dude, he thinks he knows everything. I don't understand why anyone still even reads his posts.. save yourself the hassle and ignore him.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    > @thegrandnagus1 said:
    > Just posted on reddit:
    >
    >
    > https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/l7z2dw/pro_tip_read_the_actual_title_of_the_bundle/gla01rn/
    >
    > So nope, there won't be any big 10 ship KDF bundle.

Year of klingon indeed. Amusing that the sarcophagus isn't in a bundle since it is literally a legendary ship.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Not surprising. Kael had said the same thing last year in several livestreams when asked.

Either way, it sucks.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »
    There are legendary versions of all the known(starfleet) Enterprises now, except the J.
    Ohh god, not the J. There are already too many pizza cutters around ESD as is. We don't need two kinds of pizza cutters flying around.
    I can see you're going to have a lot of fun at the end of the next event campaign..
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 280 Arc User

If a big KDF bundle was coming, it would've been now. The best I think anyone could hope for at this point is Ship of the Line bundles for the Neghvar and Bortasqu, plus a Klingon lvl 65 boost bundle with a Legendary D7.

Honestly, I'd take that. Really only care about a Legendary D7/K't'inga anyways.
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Eh... I'm shooting for the Mirror Warship. Not a giant pizza cutter.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Just posted on reddit:
    Ok, I'll step in quick here, because I don't want to fan the flames of false hope. This is the big Legendary Bundle for this year. There may be other Legendary Bundles this year, including one I think you'll like based on the reaction today, but they will be on the scale of the Romulan, Discovery and Mirror Bundles. There aren't any plans for a ten ship bundle, I'm sorry.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/l7z2dw/pro_tip_read_the_actual_title_of_the_bundle/gla01rn/

Well then...
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    madmopar wrote: »
    Amusing that the sarcophagus isn't in a bundle since it is literally a legendary ship.

I doubt that ship is very popular, and low popularity would mean low sales, so even though it's very prominent in the show I would be surprised if they actually made a Legendary version. I personally think it's absolutely hideous just like all the other Disco Season 1 Klingon stuff.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    I just wanted to review:

2 100% Off T6 Ship Coupons
    ╘ a normal 6000 ZEN Value.
    The Ability to Fly Ships of Any Faction, Unlocked Across Your Entire Account
    ╘ a 1000 ZEN Value, though many have a 65 level Klingon, but not those who only play FED.
    6 Ship Slots
    ╘ a 1500 ZEN Value.
    6 Experimental Upgrade Tokens
    ╘ a 4000 ZEN Value
    11 Ultimate Tech Upgrades
    ╘ Not sold individually, but rarely sold in unique bundles - and Great for New Players/Characters.
    11 Master Keys
    ╘ a 1125 ZEN Value for normally 10.
    11 R&D Promotional Ship Crafting Packs
    ╘ These aren't (Normal) Research & Development Packs, they can award Promo Ship - yet a Value of 3300 ZEN.
    Gre’thor Targ Combat Companion
    ╘ Sold Individually for 800 ZEN.
    Exclusive to Pack – Holo Bridge Officer: Worf
    ╘ Geordi in Mudd's Market go for 4000 ZEN (not on sale) - though you're encouraged to wait for Mudd's Deals.
    Exclusive to Pack – Boreth Monk Robes Outfit
    ╘ The only way to unlock this for Klingons is here, assuming priced similar to Kelvin Uniform by Mudd of 6000 ZEN.
    Exclusive to Pack – Title “Got to Eleven”

Realize I don't think this will make everyone happy, yet that's often difficult to do in any reality. Still when I add up the individual value it comes to 27725 ZEN, and it's excluding value one assigns to 11 Ultimate Upgrades! So a price of 25000 ZEN isn't bad, yet different than the Fed Legendary 10 Pack--mostly focused on Ships.

I realize some aren't happy about 2 Fed Ships, yet believe they wanted to give a little to everyone; given the theme of Cross Faction flying in this Update.

who the hell buys zen store ships at full price? most only buy durning a sale... so 20% at worse to 35% off list price for zen store ships. more if the ships you want are in a bundle, so discount on top of bundle price.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User
    Funny thing. They actually already showed all the ships on the launcher image:

57guLse.jpg

Lol, nice catch. Well at least I have wanted 3 of the 4.

So:

- Brell and Vor'Cha for the KDF

- Ambassador and Excelsior for the FEDs

2 T6 Ship tokens (Which BTW CAN'T be used for any 'brand new' T6 ships - unless Cryptic screws up on a release day, like they did with the Titan release, but quickly fixed.)

- 6 T6-X Upgrades (I'll give then some credit here as it's 1 Upgrade for each ship you get/pick in the pack - IF you use them that way.

- 11 Master Keys (which more likely than not won't be sellable on the exchange and will likely generate TRIBBLE you don't want bt MIGHT be able to sell.

- 11 ultimate tech upgrades (enough for a full weapon set on one ship plus 3 o4 the 4 other ship main items (shields, Deflector, Warp Core, Impulse Engine (It should have been 12 to get everything Gold)

And a bunch of other mostly trivial items.

All for 18750 Zen ($187.50 U.S.)

So yeah, (IMO) pretty lackluster in both size and value for the buck. On the Fed side the only ship there I like is the Ambassador Class as I've always hated the flying bathtub that is the Excelsior Class. And 24c TNG Klingon ships do nothing for me. Where is the classic or the Disco D7?

So yeah, unless I have enough refined Dil on my mains/alts to get 18750 Zen (probably not with a current Dill conversion of 495-498 Dil = 1 Zen); it's a hard pass on this one.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    who the hell buys zen store ships at full price?

I buy ships when I want them, which usually means full price, including the T6 Ambassador I bought yesterday to check out the remodel (that one really stings right now, might be more interested in this bundle otherwise).
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • tidetogo1tidetogo1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Sad part is they could have swapped out the two fed ships for the d7 and Neg'var with no one batting an eye. As it stands, this is a hard pass.
  • madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > I doubt that ship is very popular, and low popularity would mean low sales, so even though it's very prominent in the show I would be surprised if they actually made a Legendary version. I personally think it's absolutely hideous just like all the other Disco Season 1 Klingon stuff.

I hate disco season 1 klingon stuff too. But the sarco is the very definition of a legendary ship.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2021
    @tigeraries

Fair comment, still I realized that in comparing apples to apples, so I used normal ZEN prices on:
    Page 2.

The pack is also offered at 25% off from February 18th at 8am PT (17:00 CET) - March 4th at 10am PT (19:00 CET). Sure some people will wait for sales of 20-25%. I'm not encouraging or discouraging anyone, just being fair as the Bundle includes more than just Ships, that's all our first bundle had.
    who the hell buys zen store ships at full price?
    Most people? Most people buy most things at full price, instead of waiting for sales, because they care more about getting it now, then waiting to possibly save 10 dollars.

Some choose to not wait, and there's nothing wrong with that either. It's up to everyone to evaluate, based on their circumstances or situation.

If you <3 or >:) it will vary greatly by each individual, based on what you already have.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Wow, feel bad man. I'll be clear and say I wouldn't of bought a KDF legendary bundle anyway as Im a primary Romulan player. But I bought the Rom one and it was pushing my limits, if the Rom bundle had been like this with 2 fed 2 rom ships at $250 I'd have passed so hard.

That really sucks for any KDF mains that have been waiting all this time for the KDF legendary bundle to be slapped with Federation tax, makes it like $125 a ship.. wtf. And waiting on someone to be like BUT ITS REALLY ONLY 93.75 CUSE THE SAAAAAALE!!!! /gag
This discussion has been closed.