test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yay! No More Torture! (KDF Revamp Part 2)

13»

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    *and meanwhile, the new Zhat Vash pistol ALWAYS gruesomely disintegrates its targets when they're killed by the primary fire*
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    *and meanwhile, the new Zhat Vash pistol ALWAYS gruesomely disintegrates its targets when they're killed by the primary fire*

Romulans are always experimenting with dangerous weapons and their ships are powered by black holes, they're even willing to use Thalaron weapons, of course they won't have a stun setting they're not Vulcans, they're one of the most ruthless and vengeful species in trek, gods help you if you managed to TRIBBLE one off.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    gods help you if you managed to TRIBBLE one off.
    *laughs in cold, metallic Breen language*

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    gods help you if you managed to TRIBBLE one off.
    *laughs in cold, metallic Breen language*

*Gleefully joins in*

Also, kinda sad we don't even have the option anymore. My Klingon might not have tortured the cap'n, but my Orion might have, and my Nausicaan and Lethean sure as hell would.
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Glad you appreciated the change. :)
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2021

It's weird how people have a problem with this episode in the past, yet they keep asking for a playable Borg or Terran faction. Which would be way worse than a single incident where you get some information out of a Starfleet Captain as a Klingon.
    edited January 2021

It's weird how people have a problem with this episode in the past, yet they keep asking for a playable Borg or Terran faction. Which would be way worse than a single incident where you get some information out of a Starfleet Captain as a Klingon.

Personally I want those factions and I didn't have any problems, I'm perfectly fine with murder, torture and glassing entire planets, I would happily put my former captain into an agonizing booth before killing and eating them.
    edited January 2021
    Maybe I should tone it down a bit, but it's out in the open, I personally don't mind the changes, I'm not for or against it, I just know that some people didn't like the change while loved it, the trek fandom is divided but it's nowhere near as bad as the star wars fandom is right now.
  • millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    I use a Stun Phaser, so I'm not killing anyone in ground combat. When they fall over, they're just unconscious. ^_^

The lengths you have gone through to theatricalize and attempt to manipulate culture & canon of a Klingon for your own self gratification is both disturbing and delusional. You wanted to be the .000000000000001% of the Klingon's that go pacifist, grew up exactly like Federation children, and never had to achieve anything of merit through sacrifice. You take all semblance of their cultural identity and throw it away, and we're supposed to be impressed with your opinion?

My good/nice KDF characters aren't Klingon. They're Gorn and Orion. Regardless, all I did was thank the Developers for making a change I like in the new/revised content. I don't know why people are so upset over me not wanting to play my characters as sadistic sociopath in the game, and then showing my appreciation to the people who make the game for making changes to allow me to do so.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I use a Stun Phaser, so I'm not killing anyone in ground combat. When they fall over, they're just unconscious. ^_^

The lengths you have gone through to theatricalize and attempt to manipulate culture & canon of a Klingon for your own self gratification is both disturbing and delusional. You wanted to be the .000000000000001% of the Klingon's that go pacifist, grew up exactly like Federation children, and never had to achieve anything of merit through sacrifice. You take all semblance of their cultural identity and throw it away, and we're supposed to be impressed with your opinion?

My good/nice KDF characters aren't Klingon. They're Gorn and Orion. Regardless, all I did was thank the Developers for making a change I like in the new/revised content. I don't know why people are so upset over me not wanting to play my characters as sadistic sociopath in the game, and then showing my appreciation to the people who make the game for making changes to allow me to do so.

To give you what YOU wanted, they took it away from others.

Not all of us have an issue with Klingon culture and aggressiveness. An option where you could either use enhanced questioning or hacking the computer would of been nice.

edited January 2021
    There's no need to fight people, there should have been a choice instead of a railroaded route, this game is supposed to be an RPG.
  • millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User

To give you what YOU wanted, they took it away from others.

Not all of us have an issue with Klingon culture and aggressiveness. An option where you could either use enhanced questioning or hacking the computer would of been nice.
    Okay, I understand. Thank you for explaining it in a non-confrontational way. And I do agree that it would have been better to give us the choice to either go the nice route or mean route.
This discussion has been closed.