test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

agony phasers vs polaron

whistlerdavidwhistlerdavid Member Posts: 416 Arc User
i was wondering are agony phasers better then polaron? because the agony has a chance to shut them down. with polarons you can shut them down if you have enough drain. or does the agony phaser just shut one thing down vs polaron that can shut everything down with the right build?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Neither proc is worth much to be honest.

The only thing that will decide this for you is which energy type you can most easily boost. If you have + Phaser damage gear, then use that, if you have more things available that can boost Polaron, use that. Polaron and Phaser are pretty well linked though, many of the reputation items that boost one have a variant that can also boost the other.

In the end, it's going to be down to which energy type you prefer. Neither has a proc that's really worth factoring into your consideration. Overall, Phaser, Disruptor and Polaron are going to be your easiest types to boost.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    I don't know what "shut them down" means, I guess you are talking about power drain. The base polaron is one of the most useless in the entire game. This will have almost no affect on other players and probably one of the worst options against NPCs as well. Would not recommend. Way too many better options, even for beginning players at this point in the game.
This discussion has been closed.