test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle officially announced

Comments

• doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Year of the Gamble Garbage rather then Year of the Klingon. Now they force people to buy the GAMBLING Garbage when they want the Legendary Ships, its a disgrace. Last year 19.500 Zen 10 Legendary Ships, this year 18.750 Zen 2 Legendary KDF Ships 2 Legendary I don't need FED Ships and a bunch of Gambling Garbage. I don't know what to say other then KEEP IT. Not worth spending money on.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • lokharnolokharno Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I'm usually a "Cryptic defender" and a cut-the-devs-a-break kind of guy, but I have to say: this bundle is extremely disappointing.

I guess the 2021 Meta-Event is the real path to the K't'inga ('cause if it's not in the bundle, it's definitely going to be a promo ship).
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Now, let's wait for the positive reply of you-know-who who will then say how ungrateful you all are for not being enthusiastic towards a Legendary *cough*KDF Pack and thus will only make devs less interested in interacting with you and make other KDF ships.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I just want to say... I TRIBBLE called it.

Because if there's one thing you want to be in life, it's the "haha I told you so!" guy.

I'm glad you get some happiness from this, I guess?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    Aaaand, that's 8 minutes of waiting. Impressive in this predictability.
    #TASforSTO
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Since you love the videos

https://youtu.be/ohHJ8pyKofw
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Having two Fed ships seems a bit odd to me. Unless they're tying the two fed ships to actions involving Klingons...

Eh... I'm not gonna get on the hate train. If people want it, they're welcome to it. The only thing I'm really wondering about is the fed ship inclusion.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am with this, I sincerely hope the overall playerbase doesn't reward this abomination of a bundle. It would be one thing if it was just the ships at a fair Legendary price, I'd be disappointed by the lack of additional Klingon ships but I'd still buy it, but cramming it with unwanted junk just to artificially increase the price point?? This needs to fail miserably in the sales department so that Cryptic gets the message that we don't want this nonsense. At least last year we had the OPTION of getting either just the ships or the bloated premium bundle.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Guys... don't start please...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    *note, since I know some people take everything beyond rabid, maniacal, hatred of everything as some sort of defense, this is not what this is you idiots*

I just want to say... I TRIBBLE called it. Ever since they announced the possibility of a bundle with KDF ships people have been listing off these big lists of ships that would have been unlikely, if not ever going to happen.

Yeah good call. Here's the thing though. As much as 10 ships, especially all KDF was unlikely and unrealistic, we are getting 2. Two. Half of the long awaited KDF legendary bundle are Fed ships.

Four KDF would have been realistic if light, but we are getting a mere two. And the whole thing still costs nearly as much as the original bundle which is absurd. Also, going by the launcher pic, not a single one is a box ship, just standard Cstore ships.
    edited January 2021
    Except I did nothing you said I would. So you are still waiting. Impressive how desperate you are for it however.
    [...]
    I would have preferred a larger KDF focused legendary pack, regardless of how implausible it was.
    >>>>>>>>>>*goals*>>>>>
    #TASforSTO
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Guys... don't start please...

Agreed.
    There will always be the ones that gloat because others are disappointed and while I'm the first in line to usally not let his TRIBBLE stand, just this once... please let it go. It's not worth it and it will just derail another thread.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    edited January 2021
    Now, let's see how this pack could have been more interesting:
    -slashing the price in at least half

OR, if they really want to keep the price but add more ships:

-based on the content of the Fed pack, add the TOS, DSC and Kelvin D7, then a 25th century L'Rell variant of the Cleave ship, since it was L'Rell's flagship during the battle against Control, a 25th century T'Kuvma version of the Sarcophagus,
    -then, for some differences: add retrofits of the TOS Orion and Gorn ships
    -and why not a Ferasan counterpart to the Aspero? Or add the T6 Nova once and for all.

There, 10 ships, most of them iconic and, outside of the D7, 2 of them (Orion and Gorn) already have their assets in the game.
    #TASforSTO
    then a 25th century L'Rell variant of the Cleave ship, since it was L'Rell's flagship during the battle against Control

Actually her flagship was a D7. She just brought a Cleave with her.
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    Double the price, halve the content?

Pretty much. Cryptic's been hardcoring that motto for the last couple of years.
    then a 25th century L'Rell variant of the Cleave ship, since it was L'Rell's flagship during the battle against Control

Actually her flagship was a D7. She just brought a Cleave with her.
    Hence why I added "during the battle against Control".
    #TASforSTO
    She was on the D7 though. She wasn't on the Cleave. If I remember correctly, L'Rell brought the Cleave and at least 3 D7s, with her in the lead D7.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2021
    I just wanted to review:

2 100% Off T6 Ship Coupons
    ╘ a normal 6000 ZEN Value.
    The Ability to Fly Ships of Any Faction, Unlocked Across Your Entire Account
    ╘ a 1000 ZEN Value, though many have a 65 level Klingon, but not those who only play FED.
    6 Ship Slots
    ╘ a 1500 ZEN Value.
    6 Experimental Upgrade Tokens
    ╘ a 4000 ZEN Value
    11 Ultimate Tech Upgrades
    ╘ Not sold individually, but rarely sold in unique bundles - and Great for New Players/Characters.
    11 Master Keys
    ╘ a 1125 ZEN Value for normally 10.
    11 R&D Promotional Ship Crafting Packs
    ╘ These aren't (Normal) Research & Development Packs, they can award Promo Ship - yet a Value of 3300 ZEN.
    Gre’thor Targ Combat Companion
    ╘ Sold Individually for 800 ZEN.
    Exclusive to Pack – Holo Bridge Officer: Worf
    ╘ Geordi in Mudd's Market go for 4000 ZEN (not on sale) - though you're encouraged to wait for Mudd's Deals.
    Exclusive to Pack – Boreth Monk Robes Outfit
    ╘ The only way to unlock this for Klingons is here, assuming priced similar to Kelvin Uniform by Mudd of 6000 ZEN.
    Exclusive to Pack – Title “Got to Eleven”

Realize I don't think this will make everyone happy, yet that's often difficult to do in any reality. Still when I add up the individual value it comes to 27725 ZEN, and it's excluding value one assigns to 11 Ultimate Upgrades! So a price of 25000 ZEN isn't bad, yet different than the Fed Legendary 10 Pack--mostly focused on Ships.

I realize some aren't happy about 2 Fed Ships, yet believe they wanted to give a little to everyone; given the theme of Cross Faction flying in this Update.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
    edited January 2021
    She was on the D7 though. She wasn't on the Cleave. If I remember correctly, L'Rell brought the Cleave and at least 3 D7s, with her in the lead D7.
    Hence why I added "during the battle against Control".
    It wasn't her flagship then either. She was on one of the D7's the whole time during the fight against Control.
    "The D7 will arrive momentarily" -L'Rell herself, while on the only Klingon ship present when she said it: the Cleave ship.

#TASforSTO
  • ambrodeldkambrodeldk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I'll re-post what I wrote in the official announcement thread, just because:
    It's time to talk...Legendary.

It's time to BE Legendary, which this pack isn't. Allow me to copy/paste my reply from a conversation with a friend about this:
    ONLY 4 "new" ships, where I most likely have two of them already, judging by that image. 2 T6 coupons is nice, but I haven't event spent what I have already. Factionless flying is already unlocked, so that's NOT a selling point! I don't need more ship slots, already have 5 unused in the bank. I also don't need more ships Xed up, my characters are already flying the ships they're supposed to. Upgrade tokens for gear are nice, but Phoenix during Upgrade weekends is just as good for me. 11 keys and crafting packs are too random to be of any actual value to me as a selling point. Boff, pet, outfit and title? No thanks.
    The actual value of this pack is nowhere near 25k zen for me.
    Or 20k for that matter, with the discount.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    Admittedly, if you go by screen-canon... those two Fed ships in particular, have story linkages to the Klingons. One being Sulu's ship in Undiscovered Country (as well as being the intended chase ship in Search for Spock) and the other was the ship at the Battle of Narendra (which in fact the shipyard T6 version is named after).

Yes, very nice way to tie it into this as well!
    0zxlclk.png
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    yawn will probably pass this year. 25% off also? hmmm probably will get another legendary sale year end for 35% off right?
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Having two Fed ships seems a bit odd to me. Unless they're tying the two fed ships to actions involving Klingons...

Eh... I'm not gonna get on the hate train. If people want it, they're welcome to it. The only thing I'm really wondering about is the fed ship inclusion.

That would explain the Ambassador/Narendra ship skin updates.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    I just wanted to review:

2 100% Off T6 Ship Coupons
    ╘ a normal 6000 ZEN Value.
    The Ability to Fly Ships of Any Faction, Unlocked Across Your Entire Account
    ╘ a 1000 ZEN Value, though many have a 65 level Klingon, but not those who only play FED.
    6 Ship Slots
    ╘ a 1500 ZEN Value.
    6 Experimental Upgrade Tokens
    ╘ a 4000 ZEN Value
    11 Ultimate Tech Upgrades
    ╘ Not sold individually, but rarely sold in unique bundles - and Great for New Players/Characters.
    11 Master Keys
    ╘ a 1125 ZEN Value for normally 10.
    11 R&D Promotional Ship Crafting Packs
    ╘ These aren't (Normal) Research & Development Packs, they can award Promo Ship - yet a Value of 3300 ZEN.
    Gre’thor Targ Combat Companion
    ╘ Similar to Best Serve Cold Buyout of 2000 ZEN.
    Exclusive to Pack – Holo Bridge Officer: Worf
    ╘ Geordi in Mudd's Market go for 4000 ZEN (not on sale) - though you're encouraged to wait for Mudd's Deals.
    Exclusive to Pack – Boreth Monk Robes Outfit
    ╘ The only way to unlock this for Klingons is here, assuming priced similar to Kelvin Uniform by Mudd of 6000 ZEN.
    Exclusive to Pack – Title “Got to Eleven”

Realize I don't think this will make everyone happy, yet also realize that's often difficult to do in any reality. Still when I add up the individual value it comes to over 27000 ZEN, and it's excluding the value one assigns to 11 Ultimate Upgrades for New Players or Characters!

I realize some aren't happy about 2 Fed Ship's, yet believe they wanted to give a little to everyone, given the theme of Cross Faction flying in this Update.

The Targ of Grethor, assuming its the same one that was (still is?) in the store only cost 500 when not on sale, absolutely not worth 2000. I got mine for 400.

Any faction flying is entirely worthless to many players, either having already made a KDF character and gotten them to 65 long ago, or are at least in the process of leveling a new recruit. Value=0 even if some people get value out of it, because it can be unlocked absolutely free by just playing the game.

Ship slots are superfluous in my experience. I don't know how other people do things, but I'd be surprised if anyone really uses all their ship slots and can't cull the herd for ships they don't fly or only fly long enough for the trait. I have several ship slots sitting in my account bank from some other thing, possibly the first legendary pack.

Promo packs are worth nothing unless you win a ship. (Assuming you can't sell these, maybe you can.)

Keys are a little more valuable as boxes do give some useful items. (Again assuming you can't sell them.) But I'll take them at stated value.

Holo BOFF: Definitely not 4k as you know, maybe 1k at best, but it also depends on traits.

Robes: Definitely not 6k value. Maybe 1k again. Exclusive or not its just some robes.

X tokens and ships I'll happily count together as a 10k value.

This discussion has been closed.