test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle officially announced

evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483463-the-2021-anniversary-legendary-bundle

Seems a bit lackluster imo, only 4 ships?? I wanted to see a Legendary Neghvar and Bortasqu, but since it's only four I'm guessing they won't be making the cut. Lame.
Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
eaY7Xxu.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    I posted this 5 minutes ago, but it was pulled for approval for some reason
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    I truly, sincerely hope that that's in fact NOT the Klingon Legendary Bundle, otherwise they're just trolling us.
    2 Klingon ships - the B'Rel and the Vor'cha, because OF COURSE the D7 was to much to ask - 2 Federation Ships and all that fluff for 175 quid at a discount and 250 at full price?!

I have been saving for the past year to get enough to buy the Klingon Legendary Bundle. I've got enough for this pack and more... but if this is it, then they can keep it.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    Yes, looks extremely poor value compared to the first bundle
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Probably the forum bug that comes up occasionally, once it eats a post it never gets seen again.
    eaY7Xxu.png

Probably the forum bug that comes up occasionally, once it eats a post it never gets seen again.

Yum :smile:
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    I still have an unresolved ticket that I opened because of a bug with the last bundle. Fool me once.
    I thought it might have been because I listed the other 3 ships explicitly, since they aren't hidden on the launcher, but are greyed out in the article - not that it was hard to guess anyway even without that.
    edited January 2021
    I thought it might have been because I listed the other 3 ships explicitly, since they aren't hidden on the launcher, but are greyed out in the article - not that it was hard to guess anyway even without that.

I'm not home so I can't check the launcher myself, but I think I can make a pretty good guess about what the other ships are based on the new missions.

Edit: nm, just found a screenshot of the launcher and it's worse than I thought, I think I'm gonna change the title of this thread to be more accurate.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Why the hell are Fed Ships apart of this bundle? They already got theirs :|

At the very least, the pack should've just been B'rel, D7/K't'inga, Vor'cha and Negh'var.
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Another pack bits the dust, too expensive for my taste right now anyway.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    I truly, sincerely hope that that's in fact NOT the Klingon Legendary Bundle, otherwise they're just trolling us.
    2 Klingon ships - the B'Rel and the Vor'cha, because OF COURSE the D7 was to much to ask - 2 Federation Ships and all that fluff for 175 quid at a discount and 250 at full price?!

I have been saving for the past year to get enough to buy the Klingon Legendary Bundle. I've got enough for this pack and more... but if this is it, then they can keep it.

Money wise it is not too bad to be honest.
    4x Legendary ships - 12-14k zen
    2x T6 100% discount coupon - 6k zen
    Targ - 500 zen
    Masterkeys
    Ship slots
    X-upgrades
    All faction ship usage - 2k zen (currently 1k on discount)
    Etc.

It may not be for everyone, but it should certainly cover the cost of the pack.

As for the ships, for the Federation it may be the ships which carried the name Enterprise between the A and the D.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

At the very least, the pack should've just been B'rel, D7/K't'inga, Vor'cha and Negh'var.

To match the Fed bundle it should have been:

Brel
    Raptor
    Vorcha
    Neghvar
    Bortasqu
    TOS D7
    JJ D7
    Disco D7

Plus two T6 coupons to fill in for the missing science ships. I'm a Fed only player but to me this looks absolutely insulting for Klingon players, and with ships being cross faction now I was actually willing to buy a big Klingon Legendary bundle this year!
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    The first legendary bundle as a standard package with the initial 35% discount was a good deal.
    All the other Legendary Bundles have been rather poor money grabs IMO.
    This one as well.

All the fluff is somewhat okayisch since you get basically a good chunk of legendary gear with it and can TX 6 ships but it makes it so freakn expansive.

Where is the “standard“ package with juts the ships and some ship slots and nothing more for a “reasonable” price?

For that price the Excelsior and Vor’Cha need to be god tier OP…
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    On this pack what does this mean:

"The Ability to Fly Ships of Any Faction, Unlocked Across Your Entire Account"

is this referring JUST to this pack or the ability is unlocked separate and valid for ANY ships you ever owned to include lock boxes, C store or R&D packs?

Confusing to say the least or too much wishful thinking.
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Well this is lame, only 4 ships. Granted, you get 2 coupons so you are getting at least 6 ships out of the deal and someone is going to get box ships from their keys or promo packs, most won't though. The X tokens I'll give them as good inclusions, as it means all those ships you can X upgrade right away.

I was right though, they are sweetening the deal by tossing in FED ships, even though that isn't even necessary now! But wow, only 4 ships and it seems 2 are Fed.

I'd guess that the second Klingon one we've seen in the second mission. One of the Fed ships was leaked last month I think, and is much wanted. The other Fed ship I can guess its another one in the same lineage as the first, but that seems a little too obvious and easy.

So KDF will only have 2 legendary ships while Feds have 13 (I think?), Roms have 1, and even the MU has 1. Sigh.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    What a joke 4 ships and a bunch of useless trash and on top of that only 2 ships are KDF WTF Cryptic. Just WTF...
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Funny thing. They actually already showed all the ships on the launcher image:

57guLse.jpg

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Unfortunate; I imagine all the filler in the bundle to meet some price quota. Not sure who's calling that shot, but I'm sure they'd see a lot more sales/overall income if they sold the ships individually without all the fluff.

The said, the exclusion of a Negh'var I guess strings along my hope of a 5/3, tactical-heavy, Legendary Mirror-Negh'var.

is this referring JUST to this pack or the ability is unlocked separate and valid for ANY ships you ever owned to include lock boxes, C store or R&D packs?

Confusing to say the least.

It means the cross faction ship unlock feature is included, but that's something that really doesn't hold any actual value since all you need is a lvl 65 Klingon and you unlock it for free.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Funny thing. They actually already showed all the ships on the launcher image:

57guLse.jpg

Lol, nice catch. Well at least I have wanted 3 of the 4.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I couldn't think of a better time for a Klingon legendary pack than during a Klingon recruit event, but this pack of half-federation half-bloatware is a hard & fast PASS.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 280 Arc User

To match the Fed bundle it should have been:

Brel
    Raptor
    Vorcha
    Neghvar
    Bortasqu
    TOS D7
    JJ D7
    Disco D7

Plus two T6 coupons to fill in for the missing science ships. I'm a Fed only player but to me this looks absolutely insulting for Klingon players, and with ships being cross faction now I was actually willing to buy a big Klingon Legendary bundle this year!

Swap the Raptor with the Sarcophagus (arguably the closest thing Disco has to an "iconic Klingon ship"), and you basically have what I speculated the lineup would be. At first, I was kind of excited for the bundle... Now, not so much.
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, looks like we're in for the same BS as last year's cutesy 10th Anniversary Bundle reveals. Posts were deleted that speculated on the unrevealed Ships. It was obvious from the graphic what those ships were.

The list price that is listed here should be the equivalent of the 10th Anniversary Bundle Premium. That should then make the Ship (only) Bundle 2/3 of this or 16,500 Zen list (12,375 with the listed underwhelming 25% discount).

They seem to like packing smaller Legendary Bundles with loads of junk to jack the price up. The new paridigm is load up these Bundles with stuff to make higher price points and put them on sale with lower discounts than previous bundles.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited January 2021

Confusing to say the least or too much wishful thinking.

It's another Rip Off they make it sound like you get something valuable while you get a pile of tribble. Year of the Klingong my a**.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I couldn't think of a better time for a Klingon legendary pack than during a Klingon recruit event, but this pack of half-federation half-bloatware is a hard & fast PASS.

Yeah, I'm absolutely not buying this. I definitely would have bought a KDF bundle like the Fed bundle that included the all of the KDF hero ships we already have in game. But no, not this.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Money wise it is not too bad to be honest.
    4x Legendary ships - 12-14k zen
    2x T6 100% discount coupon - 6k zen
    Targ - 500 zen
    Masterkeys
    Ship slots
    X-upgrades
    All faction ship usage - 2k zen (currently 1k on discount)
    Etc.

It may not be for everyone, but it should certainly cover the cost of the pack.

As for the ships, for the Federation it may be the ships which carried the name Enterprise between the A and the D.

4 Legendary Ships that, if this is indeed the Klingon Legendary pack of the rumors, are not 4 but 2, because the 2 federation ones are just there because... reasons, probably.
    The T6 coupons are cool, I'll grant you that, but if I have to buy a coupon for 3k zen... I'll just buy the ship directly, so it's not like they're super useful from my point of view.
    I already have the targ from the event, the one in the C-Store doesn't appeal in the slightest - and really, with all the combat pets we got lately, between events and giveaways, I simply don't have enough space to use them all, so I truly don't care for one more.
    They just gave us 5 masterkeys for free, so adding 11 in this pack is nothing short of ridiculous - I suppose they thought it appropriate, this being the eleventh anniversary, but it's really not.
    Ship slots to me are completely useless. X-upgrades are maybe worth it, but I've got plenty at the moment.
    The all faction ship usage is just insulting, all things considered.

All in all, again if this IS the Klingon Legendary bundle, they can keep it. I'm not forking that kind of Zen for only 2 Klingon Ships. Even less so when stuff like the Negh'var and D7 are not in it.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Jesus... 4 ships for 25'000 Zen? Double the price, halve the content?
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    ... NOPE!

Give me a Legendary Pack with D7s/K't'ingas in it and we'll talk.

Once again, Cryptic sh*ts on the small KDF player base. We can't even have our own Legendary Bundle.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    I pretty much expected this. I think a lot of people misunderstand the marketing reason for the all ships playable unlock - it's not for KDF players, it's for Feds. It opens up a list of ships that Fed players don't have so they can buy them. Cryptic wrote off the other three factions a long time ago; nothing is going to make the 85+% of players who play Feds switch over to the other factions, so they brought those factions to the Feds.
This discussion has been closed.