test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Could Caitians get more hairstyles?

mcalexev123mcalexev123 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
Seriously, if we could get a bunch of the normal hairs ported over that'd be lovely. I'd love at least a few long hair options for female Caitians so I can go full M'Ress.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I think there was some rumblings of more hairstyles in one of the livestreams.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sevriensevrien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Include Ferasans and call it part of YoK...
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    We need M'Ress style.

GesGayI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • darkwing228darkwing228 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    This, also, whillst they're at it, could they finally add the bare feet option for Caitians and Ferasans in standard uniforms rather than have it restricted to just off-duty, let's face it, boots look either stupid or ugly or both on them, Gorn get a bare feet option on standard uniforms, so why not these two too? They already have it for off-duty.
  • mcalexev123mcalexev123 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    This, also, whillst they're at it, could they finally add the bare feet option for Caitians and Ferasans in standard uniforms rather than have it restricted to just off-duty, let's face it, boots look either stupid or ugly or both on them, Gorn get a bare feet option on standard uniforms, so why not these two too? They already have it for off-duty.

This! Especially this. Such an option'd go great with the TOS uniform dress. :smiley:
    edited January 2021

This! Especially this. Such an option'd go great with the TOS uniform dress. :smiley:

Yep, it baffles me why they didn't have this from the beginning, did the devs just forget? I mean they went through all the bother of making digitigrade feet for them for their off-duty outfits and in my opinion they look great, but why the hell then would you not then add such a thing into uniforms.

Am I the only one who thinks the devs not adding it in makes no sense?
    I do hope they work on this soon, does anyone remember when it was Cryptic said they were working on the Caitiens?
  • athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Seriously, if we could get a bunch of the normal hairs ported over that'd be lovely. I'd love at least a few long hair options for female Caitians so I can go full M'Ress.

And male characters need more hairstyles too. One I don't understand that is only Romulan specific is the male swoop cut which is a good haircut for a Human male too.

Also some more hat options would be awesome! Like barrettes, military uniform port hats, head bands, fedoras, and etc are really needed!
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Also can they add the Kelvin Caitians
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Also can they add the Kelvin Caitians

I'm going to assume that's a joke.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    It's a shame there were no Caitian shown in the Kelvin timeline, that'd have been interesting to see how they would have handled them.

"But, Damon Lindelof, the co-writer, said that in Into Darkness, the twins Kirk slep..."

It's a SHAME there were NO Caitian shown in the Kelvin timeline, despite what the writer behind the scenarios of Lost, Prometheus, and Word War Z: the movie said.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I'm sure it has already been stated but if one owns Catian & Ferasan you do get more options.
  • midevilchaos#4670 midevilchaos Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I don't have either yet (but I will get one of two if not both, soon enough). I agree, more options for both :D
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Since they are a paid for species they really should have a bigger selection of hairstyles than they currently have.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Caitians resemble humanoid lions more than house cats, just give them Klingon and M'ress mane like hair, these current Caitian hairstyles are more suited towards the Khajiits of the TES universe.
    I'm sure it has already been stated but if one owns Catian & Ferasan you do get more options.

Nope, only for Caitians do you get anything extra by owning both, Ferasians get nothing. And even then, other than the admittedly nice looking face paints, you get one more Hairstyle, a mowhawk that doesn't really look that great since it leaves the entire back of the head just looking bare and weird. Hardly the more style options we wanted and let me make it clear, Ferasians get this automatically, but you have to buy them for Caitians to get it.

Nope, only for Caitians do you get anything extra by owning both, Ferasians get nothing. And even then, other than the admittedly nice looking face paints, you get one more Hairstyle, a mowhawk that doesn't really look that great since it leaves the entire back of the head just looking bare and weird. Hardly the more style options we wanted and let me make it clear, Ferasians get this automatically, but you have to buy them for Caitians to get it.

Well that is certainly interesting but in a bad way. It'd be nice for some tail options too if there aren't any.

Well that's a shame and it seems like a waste of money, I thought that you would at least get more than one thing, thanks for this info, now I won't be falling for this scam.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Yes.

I don't know when, but yes.
    Yes.

When the when happens try to persuade someone to include "tails" too.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    > @darkwing228 said:
    > I'm going to assume that's a joke.

No joke. I like the Kelvin movies and liked how they looked.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    khan5000 wrote: »
    > @darkwing228 said:
    > I'm going to assume that's a joke.

No joke. I like the Kelvin movies and liked how they looked.

I...I mean each to their own and if you like them then that's fine, but seriously, how...How can you like those poorly written, terribly acted, overly-flashy explosion-filled pieces of TRIBBLE?

Also, those cat-girls in that look like TRIBBLE and ugly as sin, how could anyone think they look beutiful.
    Yes.

Great to hear, do you know if they'll be adding their feline paws as a standard uniform pick too instead of just ugly boots?
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    We'll get more hair options during the YoC (Year is Caitian), during which a bunch of content and story missions and ships will be released for the Letheans...

:wink:
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • mcalexev123mcalexev123 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Yes.

Thanks for responding! Could you also mention to the team we'd love it if we could also get those paw feet Caitians have available for regular uniforms too? M'Ress certainly didn't wear human shoes. :smiley:
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    "I don't know when, but yes."

Aaaah, like the State of Q mission revamp, then.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    Caitians are so demented looking - it's terrifying. I'm really glad they aren't particularly popular. I'd feel like I was at one of those conventions.
    mattingly1 wrote: »
    Caitians are so demented looking - it's terrifying. I'm really glad they aren't particularly popular. I'd feel like I was at one of those conventions.

Technically it is one of those Conventions, you got Cat furries (Caitians & Farasans), Pig/Boar furries (Tellarites), Scalies (Gorn & Saurians), whenever you like it or not, the Trek universe has furries in it.
  • phoeniz1994phoeniz1994 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Following this.

I'd really love the Caitians to get some more love ( maybe since one is now featured in the newest show as part of the 'main' cast/crew in Lower Decks ), having more variety in customization is always welcome.
    0he9rXF.png
This discussion has been closed.