test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Klingon Recruitment Reward - Story Arc Completed (Account)] - Box does nothing when used

darthnovawavedarthnovawave Member Posts: 17 Arc User
Item [Klingon Recruitment Reward - Story Arc Completed (Account)] does not do anything when I right-click and select the "Use" command or double-click the box. I have attempted to log out and back in and this does not seem to resolve the issue.
Tagged:

Comments

• saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Got that probem too....
  • mushoommushoom Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same here cant open those boxes either but could claim the ship and trait.Weird why those items work but the mission boxes dont.
  • darthnovawavedarthnovawave Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    For additional context, I was able to open the ship and trait as well, just not the marks box from what I've tried so far.
  • stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    I have this too. And my other characters can claim but can't open the boxes for completing the story arcs.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I am also having this problem.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    Ditto here.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • nilea69nilea69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the same problem.
  • grifithrkvgrifithrkv Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    same problem here
  • cassie105cassie105 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Also having the same issue with the boxes not opening and no specialization pnts with the ship.
  • veronicaobsidianveronicaobsidian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue as well with the mission rewards box.
  • neoallerkaneoallerka Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Yep, also getting this. When I claimed the trait and ship, it acknowledged I got them from the vendor, but didn't say anything when I claimed the mark packages. I suspect a trigger of some kind didn't fire off properly.
  • stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    Now we got multiple threads about this bug and no word from Cryptic. I guess none of the devs play this game except in their God mode to do one mission and leave it at that. Or they would have seen this bug for themselves.
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    I can verify that this bug is affecting me as well. I am unable to [Use] the Story Arc rewards once I claim them from the Temporal Agent.
  • chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    Same problem here.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2021
    I never understood what everyone was speaking about, as I could always open boxes on my Klingon Recruit. Today however I switched to my Ferasan toon, then it became obvious!

It's the Account-unlock rewards which thread title correctly denotes, yet I hadn't realized this as I hadn't tried an ALT to claim them from Temperal Intelligence NPC. So thanks to @roninwolf1981#2968 for making that very clear!

If Cryptic misunderstood like me, I've included a picture to show the NPC whose boxes won't open. So definite yes as a confirmed Bug!

I won't CLAIM any more boxes on another toon, until they've confirmed a FIX for this is LIVE.

I'll ping the @ambassadorkael#6946 on this, though he may already be aware of it.

af1mrrD.png
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    I tried with both, fed and KDF toons, none were able to open these boxes
    IInLzhi.gif
  • judassl#9022 judassl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same issue here, claimed on my romulan and can't open them (can't delete them either). They're 100% bugged.
  • davrettdavrett Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I was able to open 2 "blue" reward boxes I got from the temporal officer on other characters on my account, but none of the "green" ones will open yet :/
    so wait...is this for all rewards other toons can get, or as the title infers, yall have finished ALL the arcs and missions and cant get the end result?

that said, if yall have completed the complete STO story arc, then yall are just damn fast. lol

In my case, it's just for the ones I've completed so far... and at the moment, it's just the "story arc" rewards that won't open (I've got 8 of them sucking up space in my inventory atm). I was able to open the rewards for "100 Ambush Kills" and "Level 50" on my other characters, though.
    just noticed something else... My fed toons were able to collect and open the "Level 50" recruitment award, but my older (non-recruit) klingon kdf character doesn't have the "Level 50" reward even listed on the temporal officer. Not sure if that is "as intended" or not.
  • peqleghpeqlegh Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Yea, same problems here. And yes they are aware of it - I reported it last week, and they got back to me apologizing that they can't fix potential bugs and what-not right way and that I should make a post in the forums (though I fail to see how that will help beyond collecting up a ton of complaints about the same problem).

I haven't been able to collect the Level 50 award on my other Captains, but then again when I discovered that I couldn't even open the awards I haven't tried to collect any more... Hopefully this problem can be corrected soon.

I dunno, but the amount of bugs I'm seeing with leveling up my new char (some being many years old), it's almost as if the bugs are getting out of hand. Many bug from years ago like ship gear like to get randomly unloaded, esp if consumables like ship batteries. It's bad enough that right now I'm always rechecking everything is in place before I do anything.

The funniest stuff I noticed today is seeing in my BOFF Status page when I glance through the Passives and Skills boxes. Since when do Tactical BOFF's have Science Skills and allow a player to perform Tikens's Rift III? And no, that just the status page - if you actually look past the status page and at the BOFF's Skills page you can clearly see the BOFF doesn't have that ability.... So it is funny.

Newest bug I've been experiencing over the last few days is the game has decided to randomly adding ship's special abilities to my carefully laid out and locked tray. Hasn't occurred today thankfully.
  • argoz#3848 argoz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Same here, can't open green reward boxes on my non KDF recruit toons.
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    If we cannot claim the benes on our main characters, it kind of defeats the reason I would bother creating this alt. Hope this gets fixed soon.
  • alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    peqlegh wrote: »
    Yea, same problems here. And yes they are aware of it - I reported it last week, and they got back to me apologizing that they can't fix potential bugs and what-not right way and that I should make a post in the forums (though I fail to see how that will help beyond collecting up a ton of complaints about the same problem).

When they say 'post it in the forums', i think that's a polite way for them to say 'we don't bother to fix it, now shut up about it'.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    peqlegh wrote: »

When they say 'post it in the forums', i think that's a polite way for them to say 'we don't bother to fix it, now shut up about it'.

That is not what that means.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • nocteangelusnocteangelus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am also, having said problem with the Story Arc boxes. Another ticket filed and was told aware, but post here. Sounds like a lot of others are having said issue as well.
  • yt4200yt4200 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I have had the same issue plus one where there klingon recruit gets lodge as being in combat when others attack and unable to use full impulse
  • admiralnoob#4796 admiralnoob Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Same problem here. It has been like that for over a week and I am surprised that no bug fix has been made yet.