test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

M’Chla Refit Bird of Prey - Needs re-thinking.

stealthbatstealthbat Member Posts: 17 Arc User
What is the point of having a ship come with a console that is part of a set and not being able to equip the remaining parts of the same set on that ship? Cause that is what has happened with the M’Chla Refit Bird of Prey. The console "Enhanced Induction Coils" comes with the M'Chala Refit and is part of the "Stealth Fighter" set. The remaining piece, the "Quantum Warhead Module" comes from the T6 Kor Bird of Prey from the Zen store. The Enhanced Induction Coils" doesn't have any restrictions on what ship it can be equipped to. However, the Quantum Warhead Module does. It can only be equipped to "Any B'rel Bird of Prey T5 and above". So again, What's the point in advertising a new ship if you can't use the full set that it's apart of on the same new ship?

uCfZtA4.png
pUbrLkr.jpg
U.S.S. Lens Flare
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    That's pretty dumb.

Overall, I think it's a very nice looking boat, but I was really kind of disappointed to see that the wings don't extend somehow. But that restriction needs to be dropped pronto.
  • Options
    alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Just so you know that console wasn't made for the M'chla retrofit, it originaly came with one of the B'rel ships, I think the T5 version. That is why its a set with the Kor's console. They should have gave it a new console that paired with the T6 M'chla pilot ship console. On the bright side though the skin works on the pilot ship so I'm using that ship instead.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The mix of universal and locked console within a set has been around since at least the introduction of the romulans where one of a two piece could be used on any ship while the other was tied into a specific type.
  • Options
    varethaelvarethael Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    They probably overlooked the restriction (...).

Unfortunately they overlooked more than that. After yesterday update i cant customize any Klingon ship, because game demands from me additional payment, even if i already own desired parts, bridges or materials. That not nice.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    varethael wrote: »

Unfortunately they overlooked more than that. After yesterday update i cant customize any Klingon ship, because game demands from me additional payment, even if i already own desired parts, bridges or materials. That not nice.

There is a lot of unnintended bugs after the patch, even the tailor, if i change the heigh of the skull of my klingons, it gives me an error that i'm trying to change the race.. and that imposible.. yet..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    kaleun1984kaleun1984 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    While they're removing/changing the restriction for the console they should add the ability to reclaim the ship, once it has been dismissed.
    I did so on my Federation character and can't reclaim it from the temporal officer. I didn't find it in the event or dilithium reclaim thingy either.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Its a purposefully inferior ship, which is extra weird because the actual M'chla BOP is better than the refit. But I think the point of this ship is to just hand out a free ship to people and entice them to get a better ship, which is also weird because the Temer is a great ship that most everyone with a M'chla refit is going to have access to.
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    The mix of universal and locked console within a set has been around since at least the introduction of the romulans where one of a two piece could be used on any ship while the other was tied into a specific type.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you are referring to the fact that the console (part of the 3-pc Tvaro set) from the Malem cannot be used on the Temporal T'liss, but the other two consoles can. Thus you can't get the 3-pc bonus on the Temporal T'liss.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Mixing & matching consoles like that can be a gamble I suppose.

I think it was a bad indicator that Cryptic didn't even give the effort of creating a Fek'Ihri 3 ships' consoles' set bonus.

The M'Chla Refit is definitely not a T6 ship, scaling or not, it just lacks the equivalent console slot. At certain angles I like the ships' appearance then other angles I cringe lol. A couple of ship's skins though are really nice imo.
  • Options
    Well, Cryptic has heard us! They have just announced tomorrow's patch notes, and in it is the following entry...

"Resolved an issue that prevented the Bird of Prey [T6] from equipping the Console - Universal - Quantum Warhead Module."

Here is a link to the full article for reference...
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483593-pc-patch-notes-for-1/28/21

Thank you all for your comments and thoughts on this mater.

Qapla!
    pUbrLkr.jpg
    U.S.S. Lens Flare
  • Options
    jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    hopefully that means they'll add in the 10th console to actually make it a t6 ship than as well
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2021
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    hopefully that means they'll add in the 10th console to actually make it a t6 ship than as well

Yea I (wondered) why as a T6 ship even if Rare (Blue) version, didn't come with 10 consoles; I suspect the reason is the T6 that shares it's name, and offers another skin for. :)

Still the M’CHLA REFIT is decent for new players, who may not have any T6 ships yet, so I don't think the missing console is an oversight. This is a nice try before you buy option, and the trait is pretty good as well, also it has the Enhanced Battle Cloak, while the other does not. :)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options

Resolved an issue that caused the Bird of Prey [T6] to have a standard battle cloak, instead of an Enhanced Battle Cloak.
    Resolved an issue that prevented the Bird of Prey [T6] from equipping the Console - Universal - Quantum Warhead Module.

Both excellent fixes &/or additions for the new M'Chla Refit.
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Its a purposefully inferior ship, which is extra weird because the actual M'chla BOP is better than the refit. But I think the point of this ship is to just hand out a free ship to people and entice them to get a better ship, which is also weird because the Temer is a great ship that most everyone with a M'chla refit is going to have access to.

The only good thing this ship has is the trait, which can now be accessed - for free - by anyone, regardless of faction.
    A part from that, it's inferior in every way. I don't particularly like the M'chla, but boy the first thing I did was apply its visuals to this fake T6 because it's even uglier.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I am going to ask a stupid question.. do you have to do something special to get this ship? I started with a regular bird of prey.. never saw anything to get a better one so I just claimed a T6 Kurak and have been using that. What did I miss? :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    You need to kill a target in Bring Down the House, then claim the ship via the recruit menu.

You can claim it on other characters via the respective Temporal Operative.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    You need to kill a target in Bring Down the House, then claim the ship via the recruit menu.

Got it.. thanks! :smile:
  • Options

Got it.. thanks! :smile:

Not sure if this is the first time Cryptic has done this, but with this recruitment & transponder if you open the transponder & click on each individual possible achievement, if I'm not mistaken, it details the objective & reward.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

The only good thing this ship has is the trait, which can now be accessed - for free - by anyone, regardless of faction.
    A part from that, it's inferior in every way. I don't particularly like the M'chla, but boy the first thing I did was apply its visuals to this fake T6 because it's even uglier.

Well, when I took a break some years ago, I got an email offering me a free T6 Defiant to return. I'm sure a lot of people didn't get that, but at least in Cryptic's eyes, they've been giving it away for free for years.
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

There is a lot of unnintended bugs after the patch, even the tailor, if i change the heigh of the skull of my klingons, it gives me an error that i'm trying to change the race.. and that imposible.. yet..

I was unable to change the appearance of a BOFF at the Tailor last night. Everything looked good while I was editing. I did "save outfit" and then "Purchase", but when I exited the Tailor she still had her old appearance. A relog didn't help.

Overall, however, I am happy with the new patch, the new Recruit event, and the new access to all the ships. Bugs aside, I think this is some of the best work Cryptic has done lately.

If nothing else, all my older toons just got a TRIBBLE-load of new Admiralty cards!

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

I was unable to change the appearance of a BOFF at the Tailor last night. Everything looked good while I was editing. I did "save outfit" and then "Purchase", but when I exited the Tailor she still had her old appearance. A relog didn't help.

The work around for that bug is to add the boff to your away team, THEN relog, should work fine after that.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Welcome to all the bugs and glitches of the minority no one cared about until now lol.
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

The work around for that bug is to add the boff to your away team, THEN relog, should work fine after that.

Oho! Thanks for that tip! I will try that tonight after work
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I wish I could use the M'Chala skin on the Kor since it's an overall superior ship.

I like the look of the M'Chala.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2021
    I wish I could use the M'Chala skin on the Kor since it's an overall superior ship.

Yea it would be nice if they extended the M'Chala &/or Refit perhaps also to the Kor. Though technically they are dis-similar designs so that's what likely limited them; though one never knows, and maybe can make it work.

Though the T6 Recruit ship, is nice that it offers the M'Chla Pilot Bird of Prey (DISCO) Skin, in addition to the Modernized Refit or Refit Alternate version for those who unlock it. So that is the big appeal I'm sure!

It be nice to see a refit given eventually, for the Qugh Miracle Worker Battlecruiser as well! <3
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »

Yea it would be nice if they extended the M'Chala &/or Refit perhaps also to the Kor. Though technically they are dis-similar designs so that's what likely limited them.

Though the T6 Recruit ship, is nice that it offers the M'Chla Pilot Bird of Prey (DISCO) Skin, in addition to the Modernized Refit or Refit Alternate version for sure for those who unlocked it. So that is the big appeal for this ship as part of the event for sure!

It be nice to see that given eventually, for the Qugh Miracle Worker Battlecruiser as well!

Yeah, I'd like to see modernised refits of all the Disco klink ships.

The Mchala refit was scrapped 30 seconds after I got it. My new Klink is an engineer flying the Qugh. A much better boat

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Well, in today's patch notes, Cryptic announced a change that is relevant to this thread...

"Removed equip restrictions from both versions of the "Quantum Warhead Module" universal console.
    They may now be equipped by any starship."

So now, the Quantum console can be equipped on any ship. Interesting.

For reference, here is a link to the original article:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11484033-pc-patch-notes-for-2/10/21
    Post edited by stealthbat on
    pUbrLkr.jpg
    U.S.S. Lens Flare
This discussion has been closed.