test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank You, Captains

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited January 2021 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Yesterday, with the launch of House Reborn, Star Trek Online had the highest number of active players since the launch of Victory is Life in 2018. A huge thank you to Captains old and new for joining us. As a thank you, we're happy to announce the prize of our next Meta Event:

Starting in late February, complete five of our Meta Events to unlock your choice of a good amount of Lobi...or any Lockbox or Promo ship in the game. We'll be announcing the first event next month, so keep your eyes here.
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Whoa
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    Umm... complete 5 of 3 meta events? How can I do that?
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    What I find more impressive then those active player numbers is after years of constant lag and rubber banding you have not only fixed it but even at this high player peak the lag and rubberbanding monster is still dead. For the first time in years I can play daily without any problems. I would have found it acceptable and overlooked the lag monster if it came back last night for the recruit event but even that has gone smoothly. Well done. After all the years of complaining this really needed to be said.

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    sisteric wrote: »

That's the secret. It's not possible! :P Kind of like trying to teach Kael to proof read before posting. :D
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2021
    jcsww wrote: »

That's the secret. It's not possible! :P Kind of like trying to teach Kael to proof read before posting. :D

Think he meant 3 of 5, I'm not quite sure? The previous events, for the T6 Ship Coupon's had 5 events within them; you could complete in 3 or 4 depending how many days you ran, once each sub-event was done. Maybe this will require participation in all 5? Still I'm sure this will get clarified...

Still the prizes look very nice, another very KIND gesture from Cryptic.
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    What I find more impressive then those active player numbers is after years of constant lag and rubber banding you have not only fixed it but even at this high player peak the lag and rubberbanding monster is still dead. For the first time in years I can play daily without any problems. I would have found it acceptable and overlooked the lag monster if it came back last night for the recruit event but even that has gone smoothly. Well done. After all the years of complaining this really needed to be said.

Yea I hadn't really noticed ANY lag recently myself, why I was confused as several Admiralty Ships were missing for most toons, despite logging into my 65 Klingon first.

Yet in the last 1-2 hours just today, I'm seeming a sudden infusion of Admiralty ships in Roster, shortly after each character logs in. Regardless no noticeable lag despite the Anniversary, at least for me. Kudos!
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »

Think he meant 3 of 5, I'm not quite sure? The previous events, for the T6 Ship Coupon's had 5 events within them; you could complete in 3 or 4 depending if how many days you ran once each sub-event was done. Maybe this will require participation in all 5? Still I'm sure this will get clarified...

Still the prizes look very nice, another very KIND gesture from Cryptic.

Yea I hadn't really noticed ANY lag recently myself, why I was confused as several Admiralty Ships were missing for most toons, despite logging into my 65 Klingon first.

Yet in the last 1-2 hours just today, I'm seeming a sudden infusion of Admiralty ships in Roster, shortly after each character logs in. Regardless no noticeable lag despite the Anniversary, at least for me. Kudos!

Yeah. It seems like he meant 5 out of 5 going by STO's Twitter.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    so it's starting over with 1 of 5 next month?

well get on with it then. you can knock this out in 10 months.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Disregarding twitter cause nothing is official to me unless its posted here (crossposting doesnt count), 5 of 3 meta events means we only have to do 3 events and the other 2 are free of having to do anything for them and still claim the prize from them :) *yes I know wishfull thinking*
  • dyoniccusdyoniccus Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Yesterday, with the launch of House Reborn, Star Trek Online had the highest number of active players since the launch of Victory is Life in 2018. A huge thank you to Captains old and new for joining us. As a thank you, we're happy to announce the prize of our next Meta Event:

Starting in late February, complete five of our Meta Events to unlock your choice of a good amount of Lobi...or any Lockbox or Promo ship in the game. We'll be announcing the first event next month, so keep your eyes here.

And all it took was new content - fancy that :wink:
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    5 events to get the prize, talk about a grind.
  • vincetzuwu#5400 vincetzuwu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    I expect nothing less. This games MO is basically FOMO, sadly.

• p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I have to ask the question. Is the unlocked lockbox or promo ship going to be an account unlock or single character unlock? While I appreciate the opportunity I don't want to assume it will be account wide.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Looks like a lengthy grind over several months but dare I say most of Cryptic's events are at least a little fun.

Would've preferred account-unlock versus character but I see that as understandable though too.

Heck I'm still trying to learn all the exceptions not listed about this "command any starship" new mechanic.

Looking forward to this long haul.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Now, by "promo ship", this means R&D/duty officer promos, right? The planet-sized 26th century dreadnoughts, the Krenim weapon ship, etc.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
    p331 wrote: »
    I have to ask the question. Is the unlocked lockbox or promo ship going to be an account unlock or single character unlock? While I appreciate the opportunity I don't want to assume it will be account wide.
    Its been confirmed to be a character unlock

Thank you for clarifying that Somtaawkhar.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Well said, and completely agreed.

It is SO much nicer to play now that I don’t bounce all over the screen like a ping pong ball. There would have been no way to do something like the Omega Mini Game with the lag we were seeing before the fix. It’s really great that they were able to solve such a game breaking problem and they deserve massive credit for doing so. I was very vocal in my complaints about the Lag, it was very frustrating.. and I should state more often how grateful I am to have the issue resolved.

As for the ‘grind,’ well.. I was likely going to do all these events anyway because I pretty much always do. So to know that at some point I will receive a free Promo Ship.. yeah, I am really happy about that. Yes, I would have preferred to have it available account wide, but I knew that was nothing but a pipe dream. I never have believed that account wide lobi/lockbox/promo ships was ever anything seriously being considered and I still don’t.

Still, it’s a very high dollar item that can be acquired after doing tasks I was going to do anyway.. so yeah, I am quite happy with it. Now I just have to decide what I am going to get. :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

Which is indeed a bummer, though it's the way it's been set up since they were introduced.

Of course, they might slip in Account unlocked Promo/Lockbox/Lobi ships, like they've doing recently (with a Zen purchase, mind you).

Which reminds me, I hope that they will bring the Breen ships to Mudd's Market, since they've been adding the more recent event ships to the Market.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited January 2021

It's not a grind it is what is referred to as a time gate young grasshopper.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User

Always the buyout option
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    Well this is just awesome news. Thank you!
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User

With the thousand lobi run whichever year that was as I've forgotten, you could get the lobi early; if you did the minimum, then you had to do all the events. But, if you did the first two and a bit of the third every 20 hours you could get the lobi much part way through the third. It's probably the same thing with this.

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User

Character unlock! Tribble that! I am not going to grind for over half a year for a single character unlock. Looks like I will be taking a year long break from STO.
  • zeroextremegzeroextremeg Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Just coming back to the game after a long hiatus. When they say "Meta Events", what are they referring to exactly?
    Just coming back to the game after a long hiatus. When they say "Meta Events", what are they referring to exactly?

The Meta Events are special event campaigns. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Special_Event

The upcoming one is the third. There is a series of individual events that award something of their own while contributing to an overall prize progression.