test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your choice of ANY Lockbox or Promo Ship

steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
Wow, that's a pretty impressive way to say thank you!

It'll require playing across five events rather than three as has been the case for the "Free T6 Ship" events before, but surely that reward is worth the grind?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    Huh?
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Agreed. Huh?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1259667/thank-you-captains
    Yesterday, with the launch of House Reborn, Star Trek Online had the highest number of active players since the launch of Victory is Life in 2018. A huge thank you to Captains old and new for joining us. As a thank you, we're happy to announce the prize of our next Meta Event:

Starting in late February, complete five of our three Meta Events to unlock your choice of a good amount of Lobi...or any Lockbox or Promo ship in the game. We'll be announcing the first event next month, so keep your eyes here.

• fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Ooooh I can finaly get a TOS D7
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    This is HUGE...indeed.

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1259667/thank-you-captains
    Yesterday, with the launch of House Reborn, Star Trek Online had the highest number of active players since the launch of Victory is Life in 2018. A huge thank you to Captains old and new for joining us. As a thank you, we're happy to announce the prize of our next Meta Event:

Starting in late February, complete five of our three Meta Events to unlock your choice of a good amount of Lobi...or any Lockbox or Promo ship in the game. We'll be announcing the first event next month, so keep your eyes here.

If the OP had included this, we wouldn't have been so confused.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    I knew they were talking about it, but I didn't expect it would actually be a choice of lockbox or promo ships. Pretty Neat.

I am curious what measures, if any, they'll be doing to counteract the bot/multibox farmers. There's some pretty serious potential for havoc - both with the ingame market and the amount of AFK'ers in queues.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »
    I am curious what measures, if any, they'll be doing to counteract the bot/multibox farmers. There's some pretty serious potential for havoc - both with the ingame market and the amount of AFK'ers in queues.

These kinda things are usually Bind on Account to prevent any impact.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    I'd call it worth the effort. Been wanting to take the Section 31 battlecruiser for a spin.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > These kinda things are usually Bind on Account to prevent any impact.

Couldn't they take the lobi to buy ships and then sell on the main account?
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »

These kinda things are usually Bind on Account to prevent any impact.

The initial packages, sure, but that doesn't mean the actual ship box you've selected will be. Consider what happened with the Tzen-Tar after the last campaign. Now, imagine someone has 10~ dummy accounts that they afk their way through all the events - then they suddenly have 10 promo ships(and if they sold them all at even 1/4th of the current market value). I have no doubt this was done with the lobi event last year.. and probably on a larger scale considering the sheer number of Tzen-Tars and JH Recon ships that overwhelmingly flooded the market overnight. With lobi being offered again this year, I imagine we will see a repeat even if the lockbox/promo pack does manage to stay account-bound.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    This is going to be a year long grind. A fantastic prize at the end, I am already planning on unlocking the Valkis for my account with this event campaign.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Whats the bet lobi ships will see some sort of restriction placed on them like an exchange lock making only face to face trades possible.

They might preempt botters and make a specific prize box that bound to account containing ships that are also account bound, but this is cryptic so expect the barn door after the oops who let the horse out moment.
  • darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    This is going to be a year long grind. A fantastic prize at the end, I am already planning on unlocking the Valkis for my account with this event campaign.

An 'account unlock' for a promo ship would be really something, but haven't we only had that via Mudd so far (I can't remember off the top of my head whether any of the pick-3 packs had actual promo ships in, or just lockbox)?

Has there been an official confirmation on the forums Twitter that it will be an account unlock?
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Has there been an official confirmation on the forums Twitter that it will be an account unlock?

Single character only was confirmed shortly after they announced it.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Still mightily generous, but nevertheless it is going to be a lengthy grind over several months too.

I don't mind it being character-bound, would've preferred account-unlock, but Cryptic's decision there is understandable.

I'm sure I would've tried to buy 1 or 2 off the Exchange if nothing had been locked-down but I'm almost glad Cryptic made these bound just to prevent further inflation of the STO market.

I prefer to earn it then use it versus the earn it to sell approach, most times.
This discussion has been closed.