test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 1/26/21

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited January 2021 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 1/26 at 6AM Pacific for 3.5 hours, and one hour later on Console for 2 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here. There are no console patch notes, just routine maintenance.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    11th Annual Anniversary Celebration! ... Yay!

After claiming the Grand Prize, you will unlock the option of earning additional Dilithium Ore each day, beginning at 8,000 Dilithium Ore for the first day’s completion. ... Really? Are you sure, Cryptic? The last time you didn't even fix the after-completion dilithium payout for an event nor acknowledged it so if you're offended by the question then good because you offended many players.

Event Grand Prize – Alliance Temer Raider [T6] ... Looks good & reads as a fine good ship to hopefully pilot after about 20 days.

Two new episodes have been included with this year’s Anniversary Celebration. ... The sneak-peek looked great so anticipating much fun completing these.

Captains of all factions will now be able to fly the starship of their choice, regardless of the default allegiance associated with that ship. ... Perhaps the biggest news? I hope it benefits STO & we as players embrace it even if we don't always use it. There could be a few, till now, unmentioned caveats with this fundamental maneuver too.

Captains will now be able to play a Discovery Era Klingon in Star Trek Online. ... This new subspecies is welcomed & don't forget additional hair options for older & new Klingons alike lol.

Klingon Empire characters made during January 26th to February 25th will be Klingon Recruits, and they will earn a host of new benefits and rewards to aid them in their leveling experience. ... Hopefully everyone will partake in this & enjoy it. Remember it is for both Klingon species & the other KDF species too: Orion, Gorn, Nausicaan, Lethean. A big question is if Cryptic thought about the species of: Cardassian, Ferasan, Liberated Borg, Talaxian, Joined Trill, & Alien?

Recruits who succeed against enemies of the Empire will find themselves with a new T6 Bird-of-Prey that scales with their level. ... Based-off of the stats from the initial official announcement I'm doubting this M'Chla Refit a scaling "all the way to T6" ship which is a shame & could be misleading info. by Cryptic but the M'Chla Refit's appearance looks good.

Resolved an issue that was causing certain dynamic items to have higher upgrade costs than intended. ... Glad this is fixed but wonders how long this endured & how much of a negative impact it had on the playerbase, only Cryptic knows lol.

Added P. Stellavori spore canisters as rewards for Advanced (1) and Elite (2) for "Battle at the Binary Stars" TFO. ... Makes sense.

Some specialty Bridge Officers now display unique animations when speaking in contact dialogs. ... This good be a fun pseudo easter egg to uncover.

I expect a couple, or a few, glitches to happen. I expect Cryptic will respond with a remedy eventually. I even expect perhaps to endure a rinse & repeat of glitches & fixes.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    • Resolved a typo for "God job" in mission turn in instead of "Good job" for the following system patrols: Icari, Sienae, Ra'kholh, Daise.

I'm downgraded from a God??, c'mon!, that's a nerf!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • robbiewho#8196 robbiewho Member Posts: 1 New User
    2 sets of terran space gear has vanished
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Why do I still have a few TFO tokens that haven't be usable in anything for the better part of half a year? Can TFO tokens be added to use for event progress, please?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    Thanks for the 11th anniversary update and fixes, Cryptic! May there be more on Thursday.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • klingonjoe#2339 klingonjoe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    So can I access the House Kor uniform without taking part in those event thing-a-majigs or...?
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    well I tried to use the items that I have released in my account in the new klingon, and now I’m stuck in the advance, because the attack option has disappeared, you can’t even try to replace it because nothing appears, even trying to change weapons, the game doesn’t accepted for nothing.
  • dkdrachedkdrache Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    well I tried to use the items that I have released in my account in the new klingon, and now I’m stuck in the advance, because the attack option has disappeared, you can’t even try to replace it because nothing appears, even trying to change weapons, the game doesn’t accepted for nothing.

Try logging in and out of that character to resolve the issue.
  • offdutee#5693 offdutee Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm enjoying the new look for the KDF side of things, but I'm quite dismayed at the Ambush Kills portion of the Klingon Recruit. I've seen quite a bit of chat the gist of which is that most of the players have gotten only one qualifying kill. Many have not been able to get even that. I myself have played through Empire, Warzone, and will be starting on Fek'lhri. I have killed many ships just after dropping cloak, within the 5 second time of the ambush buff, yet I have only achieved one qualifying kill. I have tried cloaking in the middle of a battle when the npc is damaged already and then dropping cloak and destroying the ship. I have attacked from front, rear, side, top and bottom, but nothing seems to be working. Perhaps there could be an exact sequence explained so that players know what they are doing wrong, or as is more likely since I've run into obstacles that were not there and the shipyard in Q'onos is invisible now, there is a coding problem with the game. Hopefully this will find it's way to someone who can address these issues.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    I'm enjoying the new look for the KDF side of things, but I'm quite dismayed at the Ambush Kills portion of the Klingon Recruit. I've seen quite a bit of chat the gist of which is that most of the players have gotten only one qualifying kill. Many have not been able to get even that. I myself have played through Empire, Warzone, and will be starting on Fek'lhri. I have killed many ships just after dropping cloak, within the 5 second time of the ambush buff, yet I have only achieved one qualifying kill. I have tried cloaking in the middle of a battle when the npc is damaged already and then dropping cloak and destroying the ship. I have attacked from front, rear, side, top and bottom, but nothing seems to be working. Perhaps there could be an exact sequence explained so that players know what they are doing wrong, or as is more likely since I've run into obstacles that were not there and the shipyard in Q'onos is invisible now, there is a coding problem with the game. Hopefully this will find it's way to someone who can address these issues.

The Ambush only counts if your target is 1km or less away from you. Frustrating, to say the least. You do an Alpha strike and hope to get out of range before their warp core breaches.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
This discussion has been closed.