test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anniversary giveaways

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I had to go hunting down a Character to put that Inventory on. My Jem'Hadar Character fit the bill.

Another way you can tell if you have room on a Character is to see if the Buy More Button is on the UI.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    A T5 Ship for free? really...perhaps I would have preferred a TRIBLLE instead. Still thanks anyways and free is free
  • Options
    minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    What can you do with a T5 ship? DELETE
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Yeah in promotion tab it says T6 but then if you read closely its only T5. So I had about .239 milliseconds of excitement until I realized that I own every single T5 ship so yeah onto the pile of useless items that I keep stored up.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    T6 -just kidding! :D
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    It was useful for my Rom alt, picked up the science dreadnought for the console to add to my T6 Tac dread
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    minidari wrote: »

Some of the skins of older ships look good on newer ones (Vesta, Kumari for example).
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User

Oh noooo, a giveaway that may benefit newer players that may not have access to the same amount of ships as veteran players do! What a shame, what a disgrace!

You don't want it? Don't claim it, it's as simple as that.
    Also, just as a side note? A T5 is perfectly viable to do EVERYTHING in game except for the Elite queues - even more so if you upgrade it to T5-U.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Some of the skins of older ships look good on newer ones (Vesta, Kumari for example).

maybe, for those who haven't bought them yet.

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2021
    Seems today is T5 Ship, though it seems in promotion have a Typo, that states "T6 Coupon, 100% off a T5 Ship." Which then correctly also correctly gives a T5.

Still it seems to be a clear mistake and they happen to us all so please be Kind! The thread correctly identifies what it is, and yes some T5 ships still have useful Consoles, or can still be extremely effective, some are even updating a few they love with Experimental. :)

Still it is a very KIND gesture from Cryptic, and I say Thank You! <3
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options

Oh noooo, a giveaway that may benefit newer players that may not have access to the same amount of ships as veteran players do! What a shame, what a disgrace!

You don't want it? Don't claim it, it's as simple as that.
    Also, just as a side note? A T5 is perfectly viable to do EVERYTHING in game except for the Elite queues - even more so if you upgrade it to T5-U.

I've ran content in the freighter. This is a game of space barbie. A T5 is as good a T6 for making my ships look pretty.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    Only Tier 5's i don't have are the Dyson pack (which i avoid like the plague due to looks), the Tier 5 Oddy pack (same as previous one), Tier 5 Bort pack and Science/Engineering versions of the T5 Scimitar.

Tactical Bort looks the most interesting.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User

maybe, for those who haven't bought them yet.

True.

I'm enjoying mine though, already had two T6 Kumari's. Now I can put a nice skin on it. :)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I got the Charal and used a T5-U token I had hanging around.

I'd been thinking about trying an Andorian ship for a while, so this seemed too good an opportunity to miss. Only done a couple of TFOs so far, but it seems fun to fly and performs well, so a nice addition to my fleet.

Thanks Cryptic!
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Yeah
    anyone else not seeing the offer under the promo tab as indicated by the webpage details?

Yes. Unless there's some requirement needed before it shows up?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    double post
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    For something that I don't have to spend for nor grid & earn I like this T5 ship coupon. It doesn't mean I'll probably be piloting it around, but it is still helpful so thanks, Cryptic.

• Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User

It might have a console that you want. Also, if you do admiralty, for most missions a T5 is better, because of the faster turn around time.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    swamarian wrote: »

It might have a console that you want. Also, if you do admiralty, for most missions a T5 is better, because of the faster turn around time.

I try to always see the positive side of things.

I've heard a few claiming it wasn't available when they recently checked, they probably took it down to fix the typo and will return it soon once fixed -- as I commented earlier, as others have. :)
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
    To bad people who have already all T5 ships can't get at least a tribble...
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    fluxcapacitor#9257 fluxcapacitor Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    A T5 ship is nothing to turn your nose up at. It's great, if nothing else, as an admiralty asset.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    Seems today is T5 Ship, though it seems in promotion have a Typo, that states "T6 Coupon, 100% off a T5 Ship." Which then correctly also correctly gives a T5.

Still it seems to be a clear mistake and they happen to us all so please be Kind! The thread correctly identifies what it is, and yes some T5 ships still have useful Consoles, or can still be extremely effective, some are even updating a few they love with Experimental. :)

Still it is a very KIND gesture from Cryptic, and I say Thank You! <3

If you are going to get a T5 ship... the Tempest is your best bet, it's a beast, you wont regret it!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

I still use em. :p
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Thankies :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    I'm just happy we get a choice on which T5 ship we want. In the past they gave out specific ships for free which some people already had.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    p331 wrote: »
    I'm just happy we get a choice on which T5 ship we want. In the past they gave out specific ships for free which some people already had.

In total agreement. This type of delivery mechanism is superior to Cryptic's older methods ... evolution baby! This way it provides accessibility & versatility for all players & intended or by "happy accident" makes Cryptic look like they gave forethought of consideration for all players participating.

This concludes the free anniversary giveaways correct?

Now onto the Klingon recruitment event tomorrow & the big quality of life changes to STO.

I'm expecting a possibility of a few glitches here & there but confident that Cryptic can iron out the possible wrinkles since such a change in STO mechanics has probably taken months of planning & testing already.
This discussion has been closed.