test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

📢 The Reddit/Twitter dev tracker thread 📢

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    reyan would surely point out that we don't really have good results with polls on ship preferences, regardless the results.

I choose to interpret this differently:
    Tier 6 Nova can only mean one thing: Tier 7 confirmed!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    @ambassadorkael#6946
    Can we please get this thread stickyed?
    Since Twitter is now the official information source for STO?
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946
    Can we please get this thread stickyed?
    Since Twitter is now the official information source for STO?

Actually, please don't. Things that are stickied at the top are easily ignored because they kind of 'blend in' with the scenery of the forums. Any time new things are posted in this thread it will get bumped back to the first page and be seen that way.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    question:
    With DSC Klingons coming with the next update, can we expect DSC Klingon boffs as well?

Answer:
    Not at this time, but maybe in the future.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/l3eytn/2255dsc_klingon_bridge_officers/gkmy830/

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited January 2021
    sorry, double post

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Ok so I can create a DIsco Captain but NO Disco crew. Guess he is gonna sit on the sidelines as he waits for his crew.
    Oh and no faction correct ground weapons, HRM. WHY HAVE A DISCO KLINGON IF YOUR NOT GONNA GIVE HIM OR HER EVERYTHING HE NEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
    Ok so I can create a DIsco Captain but NO Disco crew. Guess he is gonna sit on the sidelines as he waits for his crew.

Yeah...things like this just make me /sigh. It goes without saying some people like to have matching crews, and not even bothering to have boffs available when you introduce a new species is...just sad.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    I am still waiting for both Jem'hadar and Vanguard Jem'hadar in the game that I can get ahold of cause I like a certain quality on my BOFFs and when I cant do this I just get more and more discouraged at the current people in charge.
    I do realize there is a pack with Vanguard Boffs but they are all high quality and not enough to fill an away team the way I want to.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I get my news from reddit as others. Not much use of twitter.

Shouldn't this be a function of the GM and not the community itself.

Thanks for doing a paid GM work and you rock Sir!
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    reyan01 wrote: »

Is that a new remodel? Seems kind of random since it's not a newly released ship, unless maybe there's a Legendary version coming?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I get my news from reddit as others. Not much use of twitter.

Shouldn't this be a function of the GM and not the community itself.

Thanks for doing a paid GM work and you rock Sir!

In theory this should indeed be what a community manager does but the forums have been largely ignored by the CM or whoever it does that hits publish on the blogposts that all have a link at the bottom that should lead to a specific thread relevant to the post. Been like this for close to a year now so the theory thats gained traction is that reddit and twitter have been adopted as the official avenues of communication.
    For the other space barbie fans: Kor capes are confirmed broken, but a fix is coming:

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

Can't wait to finally have an alt flying the Universe Class, prolly gonna continue the lineage of my main's ship and name her the USS Tun Tavern NCC 1775-J
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Yesterday, with the launch of House Reborn, Star Trek Online had the highest number of active players since the launch of Victory is Life in 2018. A huge thank you to Captains old and new for joining us. As a thank you, we're happy to announce the prize of our next Meta Event:

Starting in late February, complete five of our Meta Events to unlock your choice of a good amount of Lobi...or any Lockbox or Promo ship in the game. We'll be announcing the first event next month, so keep your eyes here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/l6c3rb/thank_you_captains/

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Wait what? We can choose from ANY Lockbox or PROMO ship?
    HelplessConsciousBluefintuna-small.gif
    YES!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Definitely looking forward to the Lockbox or Promo ship. I have always wanted a Universe Class, but it just costs way too much EC. Sure, there are way better choices to choose from, but I want the big, flat, and ugly. :D
    question:
    A top-tier Nova has only been asked for for, oh, I don't know... Almost seven years now.

It's not the only thing people have been asking for for a long time. If they are asking for something, it means they are willing to spend money (theirs or someone else's) to get it.

You guys have released things that NOBODY has asked for, and yet people still throw money at them. From my chair, A T6 Nova, Oberth and Typhoon would have money thrown at them as well. That being the case, I fail to understand why what the community asks for, and your own poll offers tangible numbers isn't followed through on. SINCE PWE/Cryptic stands to make money either way, why not follow through?

What is the logic, Kael? Explain it to us, please.

Answer:
    See, the thing is, when I get a question that's phrased like this, I hesitate to answer. Because usually, I give a full, complete, honest answer to the question, and the person responds with angry ranting about how I'm lying. Doesn't many one particularly want to engage with questions phrased in this angry of a matter. But here's your answer:

What the community wants on Reddit, the forums, social media, doesn't match up, data wise, to what the larger community that plays STO wants a lot of the time. We've followed requests that seem overwhelming on here to absolute crickets when it comes to people buying the thing. Alternatively, we've released ships that "nobody wants" that turn out to be massive sellers. I wish I could provide examples, but I'm not allowed to talk about sales numbers. We have to go where the actual data leads. The Oberth and the Nova are, obviously, both on our radar in a very real, work-has-already-been-done way. But we do have to put out things in a certain priority.

Now before anyone responds that of course they'd be huge sellers, look at the amount of people asking for them, remember what I said above. It's easy to get lost in the bubble of the people who are active on Twitch, and on the places where we fans of the game gather to chat. But unfortunately, it's just not indicative of how actual sales trends go.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/l4u3dz/kael_twitter_poll_t6_oberth_t6_typhoon_t6_nova_or/gkzl6eh/

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    question:
    A top-tier Nova has only been asked for for, oh, I don't know... Almost seven years now.

It's not the only thing people have been asking for for a long time. If they are asking for something, it means they are willing to spend money (theirs or someone else's) to get it.

You guys have released things that NOBODY has asked for, and yet people still throw money at them. From my chair, A T6 Nova, Oberth and Typhoon would have money thrown at them as well. That being the case, I fail to understand why what the community asks for, and your own poll offers tangible numbers isn't followed through on. SINCE PWE/Cryptic stands to make money either way, why not follow through?

Answer:
    See, the thing is, when I get a question that's phrased like this, I hesitate to answer. Because usually, I give a full, complete, honest answer to the question, and the person responds with angry ranting about how I'm lying. Doesn't many one particularly want to engage with questions phrased in this angry of a matter. But here's your answer:

What the community wants on Reddit, the forums, social media, doesn't match up, data wise, to what the larger community that plays STO wants a lot of the time. We've followed requests that seem overwhelming on here to absolute crickets when it comes to people buying the thing. Alternatively, we've released ships that "nobody wants" that turn out to be massive sellers. I wish I could provide examples, but I'm not allowed to talk about sales numbers. We have to go where the actual data leads. The Oberth and the Nova are, obviously, both on our radar in a very real, work-has-already-been-done way. But we do have to put out things in a certain priority.

Now before anyone responds that of course they'd be huge sellers, look at the amount of people asking for them, remember what I said above. It's easy to get lost in the bubble of the people who are active on Twitch, and on the places where we fans of the game gather to chat. But unfortunately, it's just not indicative of how actual sales trends go.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/l4u3dz/kael_twitter_poll_t6_oberth_t6_typhoon_t6_nova_or/gkzl6eh/

Another bs answer as expected. It's almost funny at this point.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    question:

Answer:

Another bs answer as expected. It's almost funny at this point.

I think it's a very candid answer. While I could nitpick some finer details with expectations and realities, I totally understand the perspective.

In the case of the Nova, for example, I adore the ship and would love to see a T6 version of in the game. HOWEVER, it's really not a ship that's very high up on my priority list of things I would actually buy - especially if it doesn't have a.. 'pivotal'.. trait/gimmick to go with it.

As another comparison, I love the Ar'kif(and its unique Annihilation Mode gimmick), but I haven't been able to justify getting the Jhu'ael because I have the Alita. The Jhu'ael's playstyle is not distinct enough for me to want to make another character for it either.

Conversely, I adore the Negh'var; but I really dislike the Negh'tev - both in looks and its layout. I confess I'm still wishfully holding out that we might get a Legendary Mirror Negh'var with a Scimitar-like loadout.. because that's what I want/picture the ship to be.. instead of what we're stuck with.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Wait what? We can choose from ANY Lockbox or PROMO ship?
    HelplessConsciousBluefintuna-small.gif
    YES!
    How I'll look after a year of grinding events for the prize
    Cp6xC4g.jpg