What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

News Post: The Klingon Empire is Recruiting

2»

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I have a question. :/

Is it already known if only the new discovery Klingon subfaction enables recruits or are 25th century KDF legit as well?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > Kael has stated its any directly Klingon faction character.
    >
    > DSC Klingon, 2409 Klingon, you can play as an Orion, Lethian, Nausicaan, etc. Any character made in the KDF faction counts. So Roms/Doms allied to the KDF don't count, but everything else does.
    >
    > Also, the DSC Klingons are a new species type in the already existing KDF faction, there isn't some Fed TOS/DSC era new starting experience for them.

Thank you. That’s cool.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I mean, if we go by past experiences then yes, I'm sure they will give us a new character slot for free.
    But don't fault me for not exactly believing everything they say, especially not since every news post is riddled with mistakes and typos.

Oh, I don't blame you in the least. If they tell me the sky is blue, I am going outside to verify for myself. :lol:
    pyrogxmk3 wrote: »
    While it does look pretty, kudos to the ship artist, this is not a T6 ship.
    • It has 9 consoles to a T5U or non-fleet/zen T6's 10
    • It has 11 bridge officer abilities (4/3/2/2) as other all-universal T5s: T6s have 12 and Fleet/Zen T6 BoPs have 13
    • It has no specialization nor specialization seating of any sort
    • It has no experimental weapon slot
    The declaration of Withering Barrage leads one to wonder if these are its stats at all, or if it was simply copy-pasted for the announcement from an old T5 model.
    Hopefully it's the latter, as this is a scaling non-fleet T5.

Yeah, nice catch on the copy/paste with Withering Barrage. Seriously.. would it be that hard for someone to actually type up the stats?

You are absolutely right.. the ship, while free.. is absolutely a T5 ship that's been named T6. Everything about the ship from the Bridge Officer stations to the number of consoles is a non fleet T5 ship.

I am totally cool with that.. but it would have been nice if they just called it what it is instead of just slapping the label of 'T6' on it when clearly it's not.
    Post edited by seaofsorrows on
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Seems like something they pulled out of the T5 Klingon Mirror Ships Pack. The stats are close to the Mirror Ki'tang Bird-of-Prey Retrofit.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    I mean, if we go by past experiences then yes, I'm sure they will give us a new character slot for free.
    But don't fault me for not exactly believing everything they say, especially not since every news post is riddled with mistakes and typos.

Oh, I don't blame you in the least. If they tell me the sky is blue, I am going outside to verify for myself. :lol:

ROFL :lol:
    I am totally cool with that.. but it would have been nice if they just called it what it is instead of just slapping the label of 'T6' on it when clearly it's not.

That would not be in line with their usual MO though now, would it?
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Seems like something they pulled out of the T5 Klingon Mirror Ships Pack. The stats are close to the Mirror Ki'tang Bird-of-Prey Retrofit.

Well, it seems that.. as usual.. the stats initially posted were wrong. I know.. what a shock.. it's usually so closely proof read for accuracy right? :lol:

It seems the stats have been updated and it's now listed with the correct 11 consoles as well as the correct ship trait 'Sniper.' They have also added Command specialization to the Lt. Commander Universal making it an actual T6 ship as opposed to the T5 stats that were originally posted.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    i think you're mixing up the alliance raider with the 25th century m'chla, because the stats listed here haven't changed at all as far as i can tell: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483293-the-klingon-empire-is-recruiting

it still has withering barrage, no spec seating and 9 console slots​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User

why the huge inverted V shape to it? too much in my opinion. not sure im liking this now.

I think its nicer than the discovery designs, i have always thought they lookd awful, this at least looks more klingon.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
This discussion has been closed.