test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

News Post: The Klingon Empire is Recruiting

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483293

Edit: for those that don't follow reddit, you might be interested in some of the comments from these 2 (Cryptic/dev) accounts:

https://www.reddit.com/user/trekhead

https://www.reddit.com/user/ambassadorkael

Click the "context" button under any of their posts to see the comment they were replying to.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    That BOP only has 9 consoles, and is it missing the experimental weapon slot? Its slightly better than the Kor otherwise.
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    The BoP also doesn't seem to have any specialization seating. I think that might be the very first T6 ship that doesn't.

Still, I'm willing to give the ship the benefit of the doubt. Might be interesting. And hey, free ship.
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I don't need another toon, but the Recruit perks always make it worth it.
    I was gonna make another Jem'hadar bank toon, I guess my old KDF toon can be that now.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    What's the point of saying the new ship is supposed to be for Klingons and Klingon-allied characters when they are going to allow Feds use Klingon ships and vice versa with this update?
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    What's the point of saying the new ship is supposed to be for Klingons and Klingon-allied characters when they are going to allow Feds use Klingon ships and vice versa with this update?

The Fed is now a Klingon-Ally ;)
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    No experimental weapon

No specialization seating

Only 6 weapons

Only 9 consoles.

But hey, a free T6 ship is a free T6 ship, even if it looks to be inferior to most T5s.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    TRIBBLE me, the negativity in this thread is incredible.

I'm looking forward to the event. I've not made a new character in a while. I just need to decide what type of character to go with.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Pointing out obvious things is not negativity, but enjoy your new character when you make it.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    When they say that "new Klingon captains will be known as Klingon Recruits", do they mean Klingon species captains specifically, or any KDF captain created during the event?
  • madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    Roll a new kdf character without SAD and DPRM? No thanks.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    When they say that "new Klingon captains will be known as Klingon Recruits", do they mean Klingon species captains specifically, or any KDF captain created during the event?

Any created during the event. My guess is that you have to play through the tutorial from the start to the end of the tutorial for it to count.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    madmopar wrote: »

They did specifically say that existing cross faction packs aren't going away, but no more new ones are going to be made. I take that to mean that infinity boxes will still drop faction specific trait unlocks, but no new ones will ever be added to the lists.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    madmopar wrote: »

They did specifically say that existing cross faction packs aren't going away, but no more new ones are going to be made. I take that to mean that infinity boxes will still drop faction specific trait unlocks, but no new ones will ever be added to the lists.
    Existing versions of these packs will remain unchanged, but new ones will no longer be accessible.
    Sounds like they're being removed from the drop table to me, but I guess time will tell..
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    someone translate for me - are any of the account unlocks must haves?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    And I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that if your character roster is full, you're kind of SOL for this if you don't buy more character slots?

As with every other Recruitment Event we have had over the years, each account will get a free character slot.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    And I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that if your character roster is full, you're kind of SOL for this if you don't buy more character slots?

Apparently not. According to the article, we'll get a free character slot. Whether that's gonna happen for real remain to be seen, but that's what it says nonetheless.
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Apparently not. According to the article, we'll get a free character slot. Whether that's gonna happen for real remain to be seen, but that's what it says nonetheless.

I am sure it will, every recruiting event so far has come with an extra character slot.. so that's a nice bonus. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User

I read the whole darn thing and didn't see that in there anywhere. But if I missed it, so be it. Here's hoping.

Just above the ship's image:
    Get ready to make your Klingon Recruit (all accounts are getting one extra free character slot), and keep watching between now and January 26th for more information.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Updated the OP with links to Kael's and one of the Cryptic devs reddit accounts. They have both been posting a bit over the past few days and I thought some of the folks here might be interested in their comments.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    Pointing out obvious things is not negativity, but enjoy your new character when you make it.

It is when that's all that's being spewed.

It is when that's all that's being spewed.

What negativity are you even talking about? The closest thing I saw prior to your first post is reyan's post regarding the trait. Nothing else was actually negative, just statements of fact.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited January 2021
  • madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited January 2021

I am sure it will, every recruiting event so far has come with an extra character slot.. so that's a nice bonus. :smile:

I mean, if we go by past experiences then yes, I'm sure they will give us a new character slot for free.
    But don't fault me for not exactly believing everything they say, especially not since every news post is riddled with mistakes and typos.
    kv1Ohsx.png

• pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    While it does look pretty, kudos to the ship artist, this is not a T6 ship.
    • It has 9 consoles to a T5U or non-fleet/zen T6's 10
    • It has 11 bridge officer abilities (4/3/2/2) as other all-universal T5s: T6s have 12 and Fleet/Zen T6 BoPs have 13
    • It has no specialization nor specialization seating of any sort
    • It has no experimental weapon slot
    The declaration of Withering Barrage leads one to wonder if these are its stats at all, or if it was simply copy-pasted for the announcement from an old T5 model.
    Hopefully it's the latter, as this is a scaling non-fleet T5.
This discussion has been closed.