test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Year of Klingon: Part 3

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
Starting with our Anniversary Update, there will never be a better time to create a new KDF character and play through these classic missions, reimagined for a new era. Experience new cutscenes, character models, and environments for perhaps the greatest chapter of the Klingon story: your personal journey into Grethor.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483233-the-year-of-klingon:-part-3
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    I hope they'll make the new hair styles available to Federation Klingons too.

Some new options were badly needed for the species.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    The last few Hairstyle option revamps were completely available for both my Fed and KDF Klingons, just like the unique "Female Klingon" dialogue for the Nimbus part of Partisans. I see no reason they wouldn't be this time.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    A Halloween launch would had been better on this Part 3. Seems so dark and mysterious yet Grethor was mentioned only a few times at most. Here a huge PART 3. Well half a$$ content better than none even with the dark undertones.
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    The new Klingon hairstyles are great, but I'd love it if some of the Klingons' allied species would get some love. The Nausicaans haven't been significantly updated since launch, and we don't even have their signature 80s Glam Rocker hair as an option. Their faces could use a rework too, seeing as they don't even have working mouths.
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I'm just waiting to see the insanely ridiculous price for the KDF legendary ships lol. It's probably so bad that we can't even see them for sale they are like in their own dimension. Hey at least we get hair and stuff and more hair... love the hair don't they.
    I'm just waiting to see the insanely ridiculous price for the KDF legendary ships lol. It's probably so bad that we can't even see them for sale they are like in their own dimension. Hey at least we get hair and stuff and more hair... love the hair don't they.

I'm sure it'll sit nicely between the Federation and Disco/Rom Legendary packs in terms of price. Either way, I'd welcome a T6 D7/K't'inga that's permanently unlocked for my account.
    @MGoblin256

• fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Firrstly, the hair is VERY welcome.

However, anyone else got a bad feeling after they gutted and ruined the Mars shipyard mission?
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Finally nice to see Klingons get some hair styles that aren't dreadlocks (Which I still can't recall seeing Klingons ever even wear)
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    d95230bca570038d8e780e003bb0ffbe1611185845.png
    This guy really got picked on during Among Us games.

abe21172f9dda2fda9fed596fa57d1181611185816.png
    And this one is totally yet another clone of Darth Sidious that got REALLY lost in the World Between Worlds.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2021
    I hope they'll make the new hair styles available to Federation Klingons too.

Some new options were badly needed for the species.

I am glad they updated several Klingon hairstyles! In the past they've made them available for Federation Klingons as well.

Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Either way, I'd welcome a T6 D7/K't'inga that's permanently unlocked for my account.

I second this. It would keep in line with the ones they did for both the Feds and the Romulans (since the D7 is their Infinity Promo ship). Part of me is thinking we may end up with a D7 pack since the D7, like the Constitution, has three variants - original/K't'inga, Kelvin, and Disco.

Also, is there any sign at all of an expansion to the "Klingon Coat" option in the tailor that's been there since update #1?
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Finally nice to see Klingons get some hair styles that aren't dreadlocks (Which I still can't recall seeing Klingons ever even wear)

can you post pics, some of us don't play on PC and are currently stuck with the awful dreads.
    Forgot to mention in my original post, but...

Not going to lie, the DSC Klingons look infinitely better with hair, eyebrows and facial hair.
    @MGoblin256

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

can you post pics, some of us don't play on PC and are currently stuck with the awful dreads.

There is a video in the blog post showing off the hair styles:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgxlXrCGgu4&feature=youtu.be
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
This discussion has been closed.