test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Buyout Daily Bonus

jadizbanejadizbane Member Posts: 59 Arc User
Hi all, I'm not getting the daily increase bonus of dilithium for the Red Alert event after doing a buyout so today I should have received 12000 but only got 8000 and this is the amount i get each day. Is this happening to anyone else? I put a ticket in asking if they are going to to anything about it.

Regards Jadiz
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    loveinitloveinit Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    im having the same problem i did the buyout and not getting the bonus dil. wrote a ticket from support but all they do is give me the run around, i recommend not buyout ever again. all they end up doing is ripping of the customer in the end.
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Have you actually claimed the reward for finishing the 10 days/buyout?
    You can't earn dil for the extra play day until you do that.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Since it is unlikely Cryptic will go back & compensate those players that bought it out for the extra dilithium I'm glad I grind & earn those events & not buy them out just because of that possibility.

Buying it out for the extra dilithium I'm not sure is efficient but if the dilithium payout is broke then that's almost a double whammy.

Hopefully Cryptic will turn this negative into a positive but I think it is improbable unfortunately but hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    It's happened before, people have reported it before.

Buyout for gaining dil is a waste of time, especially with the exchange being manipulated by cryptic to remain high (or capped)

Completed yesterday and also did the bonus for the first 8k. Today both accounts should have got 9k bonus but neither did whereas the last time they broke it only one account was affected.
  • Options
    jadizbanejadizbane Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I'm contacting Better Business Bureau as they sorted out a problem that Cryptic refused to resolve until I contacted BBB. I'm already owed 45000 dilithium after they granted me 10000 so i'm going to see if BBB can deliver again. If enough players do the same may set a positive precedent in Cryptic reimbursing all players effected by this and future bugs
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I just noticed this today. I was supposed to get 10k, but got 8. Probably 8 yesterday as well instead of 9, but I wasn't paying attention.

And yeah, this has happened 3 or 4 times now with events. Have they said anything about it? Anything at all?
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »
    I just noticed this today. I was supposed to get 10k, but got 8. Probably 8 yesterday as well instead of 9, but I wasn't paying attention.

And yeah, this has happened 3 or 4 times now with events. Have they said anything about it? Anything at all?

They have been looking into this since it was initially reported. Which was at least 8 days ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/l2mutt/red_alert_dil_scaling_not_paying_what_it_should/gk7ldsf?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I suspect at this time they are still determining what is causing this issue. Hence not much being said. I know that Kael is working hard on this one to get updates to the community.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »

They have been looking into this since it was initially reported. Which was at least 8 days ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/l2mutt/red_alert_dil_scaling_not_paying_what_it_should/gk7ldsf?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I suspect at this time they are still determining what is causing this issue. Hence not much being said. I know that Kael is working hard on this one to get updates to the community.

Interesting. Thank you for the link. Was it mentioned on these forums, or just on reddit? This is the 3rd or 4th event in the past year and a half where it has happened, so hopefully they are getting close to figuring out the cause.
  • Options

Interesting. Thank you for the link. Was it mentioned on these forums, or just on reddit? This is the 3rd or 4th event in the past year and a half where it has happened, so hopefully they are getting close to figuring out the cause.

As far as I know, just reddit.

I havent seen a twitter post from Kael or the other devs about it. Nor anything on the reddit/sto discord.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User

Just on Reddit.
    Because the Community Manager can't be bothered to come into these forums anymore... we're too "mean".
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options

Just on Reddit.
    Because the Community Manager can't be bothered to come into these forums anymore... we're too "mean".

If you think reddit/sto is not meaner than the forums. "Nervously laughs" Yeah, you guys are tame compared to that lot. That is why i left reddit/sto back in September of last year.

It got so vicious and nasty for the devs over there, I could no longer stand-by as the moderators seemed to really not do anything about it.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    [Redacted] - Nevermind. :lol:

fsprob_nothingtosee.gif?resize=450%2C300&ssl=1
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    It got so vicious and nasty for the devs over there, I could no longer stand-by as the moderators seemed to really not do anything about it.

Kael deserves every last word of it.

No, he does not. How would you like if I was vicious and nasty against you? We may have our disagreements but I will not lower myself to that level.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I redacted it after I posted it.. but of course you had to get in there and quote it right away so fine.. whatever.

I stand by what I said, if you want to leave the quote up that's fine by me. I just didn't want to deal with people like you so I removed it.
    sthe91 wrote: »
    How would like if I was vicious and nasty against you?

I couldn't care less.. knock yourself out. You can't even conceive of how little your opinion matters to me.
  • Options

Just on Reddit.

If you think reddit/sto is not meaner than the forums. "Nervously laughs" Yeah, you guys are tame compared to that lot. That is why i left reddit/sto back in September of last year.

I was ironic, my friend XD
    I'm on Reddit, too, so I've got first hand experience of how things are over there... I just find it extremely ironic that a thread dating back to January 14 in these forums was completely ignored while another one opened in the subReddit got an answer in six hours
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

Just on Reddit.

I'm on Reddit, too, so I've got first hand experience of how things are over there... I just find it extremely ironic that a thread dating back to January 14 in these forums was completely ignored while another one opened in the subReddit got an answer in six hours

That is pretty bad imo. This is STO's official forums whereas the others are third party social media sites, granted huge & popular, but the company's own official forums should be acknowledged, responded, & conveyed information to with relative comparison of those other third party social media sites. I've always felt Cryptic sometimes disregarding their own forums is somewhat a mismanagement of communication emphasis & a negative mark.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    If they cant be bothered posting updates to these forums then to me no update exists at all.
  • Options
    [insert comment about hostility duly earned from ignoring the official forums here]

I like that, I just might use it in the future. :lol:
  • Options

Just on Reddit.

That is pretty bad imo. This is STO's official forums whereas the others are third party social media sites, granted huge & popular, but the company's own official forums should be acknowledged, responded, & conveyed information to with relative comparison of those other third party social media sites. I've always felt Cryptic sometimes disregarding their own forums is somewhat a mismanagement of communication emphasis & a negative mark.

Oh yeah!
    kv1Ohsx.png

• Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Yup been working everyday for me until today
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    22/01/2021 It robbed me of 1k plus whatever bonus from Ferengi dil pool would add
    23/01/2021 It robbed me of 6k dil instead of 14k it rewarded 8k. No Ferengi dil pool on that toon
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.