test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestions to improve the Admiralty system

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
1. Add a filter for single use-cards.
2. Allow players to sort cards - for example, alphabetically, single or permantent use, type of ship.
3. Instead of having 10 different cards for 10 Phantoms that can be used once, change this into one card that can be used 10 times (or 11, when you get a new one).
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I agree with those ideas. I've also suggested letting us save favorites, especially as groups to slot 2-3 ships at once.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    2. Allow players to sort cards - for example, alphabetically, single or permantent use, type of ship.
    3. Instead of having 10 different cards for 10 Phantoms that can be used once, change this into one card that can be used 10 times (or 11, when you get a new one).

Point 2 is exceptional, imho, and one of the possible sorting type I'd love to see is "per bonus" - so, i.e.: +10 stats, -25% maintenance time, etc. etc.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator

Technically point 2 is already kinda in play as we can filter by type and quality. So we can filter Tactical at blue quality. The problem is... that by default all filters are active, so we see everything and have to actually uncheck what we don't want to see. So extra clicks which most people won't bother with due to just wanting to get it done.

As for the single use cards, I honestly do wish we could filter them out or at least discard them. I'm in the minority, but I do actually have a pretty good collection of ships, and thus reusable cards, available to my Feds and Romulans. KDF is not quite as well off, but does have a good selection. I'm also a lot more strategic in my use of cards. I'm not just filling up the slots for the sake of filling up slots, and I generally don't spam Admiralty. Early on for new players I can see the single use cards being a big benefit. But for some of us ship collecting veterans... its a mixed bag. In some cases yes the single use cards can be a benefit, especially if it helps in an assignment where a perma card is already deployed on another assignment. But on the other hand... its extra clutter for our already large rosters.

At the very least it would be nice to basically allow for the stacking of single use cards. Basically treat them like a stack of hypos that uses a charge each time you use it. It would be a nice QoL improvement and probably the best compromise option if it is possible.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

At the very least it would be nice to basically allow for the stacking of single use cards. Basically treat them like a stack of hypos that uses a charge each time you use it. It would be a nice QoL improvement and probably the best compromise option if it is possible.

I second this.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    For myself, I tend to save one-time cards. Why? Because I usually don't get to use all my permanent cards; and why would I spend a one-time resource that will be gone after use, if I can use something else that will be replenished indefinitely?

Saving cards may not seem logical - especially when you reach a point where you have so many single use and permanent cards that you'll never use all of them. But then again, it would also be illogical to 'spend' more than you have to - and using a single use card is more expensive than something that has no real costs like a permanent card.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    While I agree with 2 and 3, Cryptic has already said number 1 wont happen becuase the point of single use cards is that you use them immediately after you get them, and they aren't going to add a filter because that would encourage people to save them more, which defeats the point of single use cards in the first place.

What Cryptic intends is irrelevant. I have never used them immediately after getting them, even when admiralty first came out. They are too rare to just toss them on any random mission, because you actively have to do certain missions to get those cards in the first place. Nowadays I have to force myself to use them because they clutter the list otherwise, and I still tend not to do those missions rewarding the cards unless it has a random dilithium reward.

But good luck finding your 1 or 2 throwaway cards in a list of 100+ ships! Its hard enough finding the specific ships I want to use when I know what and where they are because the filters we do have are junk and take too many clicks to use.

No we need a filter for them, whether you want to hide them easier or get rid of them easier, a filter serves either purpose.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    I'm gonna have to side with Som here... He didn't mention that they NEEDED to be used within a certain time frame. He just said that they were intended to be used first.

Honestly I feel that the core issue with the consumable Admiralty Cards is mostly coming from us veterans who have a crapton of perma cards, and thus really don't NEED the consumable ones anymore.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    He just said that they were intended to be used first.

The problem is that there is no incentive to use the single-use admiralty ships first. Combined with the fact that they're relatively rare for those who don't have the Lobi Crystals to spare for admiralty booster packs, and it's no wonder why hoarding them is a problem.
  • p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    sci321 wrote: »
    He just said that they were intended to be used first.

The problem is that there is no incentive to use the single-use admiralty ships first. Combined with the fact that they're relatively rare for those who don't have the Lobi Crystals to spare for admiralty booster packs, and it's no wonder why hoarding them is a problem.

I wouldn't call them relatively rare. I have a couple of characters that are pushing 500 in their admiralty ship rosters. Most of those are one time cards that came from actual admiralty mission rewards.
    I'm gonna have to side with Som here... He didn't mention that they NEEDED to be used within a certain time frame. He just said that they were intended to be used first.

Honestly I feel that the core issue with the consumable Admiralty Cards is mostly coming from us veterans who have a crapton of perma cards, and thus really don't NEED the consumable ones anymore.

I mean, you're not wrong but not allowing us to stack them or filter them doesn't really work as encouragement to use them when people get them.
    If that was the case, we wouldn't have loads of them.

And if you look back at things like lockboxes and repairs items, how long did it take them to make them stack to a reasonable amount?
    And while sure, it's safe to say that they reasonably aren't expecting people to use repairs as soon as they get them - especially since they can't be used unless there's an injury/damage - I'd reckon they want people to use the lockboxes as often as possible.
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    The best change to the Admiralty system would be to revert last year's nerfing.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
    Nerf? We lost 20k of dilithium and gained 40k for fleet projects - so this actually helped the smaller and newer fleets while also working as a bit of a dilithium sink.

And truly, again with this thing? for god's sake, it's done and they're not going back on it... move on.
    kv1Ohsx.png

edited January 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    Nerf? We lost 20k of dilithium and gained 40k for fleet projects - so this actually helped the smaller and newer fleets while also working as a bit of a dilithium sink.

And truly, again with this thing? for god's sake, it's done and they're not going back on it... move on.

30k, but yes. It's a net gain, especially considering the 40k does not need to be refined, although it is limited in its use.

Yes, I remembered after I posted that the Bonus Pool from the Ferengi ToD is 30k instead of 40k, but the principle is the same.

And while yes, the 40k is limited to fleet projects only, it's still an helping hand for those that are struggling to get people to donate dilithium.

Through the Klingon ToD alone I was able to donate 250k on the latest big upgrade project in my KDF Fleet while, at the same time, getting the dilithium I needed to convert into Zen and upgrade.
    But even for people with only one or two characters, 40k is almost an entire 500 points project and almost half a 1000 points one. I'd say that's not at all bad.
    Post edited by jennycolvin on
    kv1Ohsx.png

• trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Only thing I really have a problem with is how it doesn't have an autofill like the doff system does. Also though with doff system in mind too it would be good to add a list of doffs that it doesn't automatically select that are generally for space or ground roster or even crafting. Then with the admiralty system I usually will save the epic rarity cards for the tour of duty ones so would be good if both systems had their own ease of usefulness. Just makes it more annoying when dealing with alts when you have to micromanage every single little thing per character.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Only thing I really have a problem with is how it doesn't have an autofill like the doff system does. Also though with doff system in mind too it would be good to add a list of doffs that it doesn't automatically select that are generally for space or ground roster or even crafting. Then with the admiralty system I usually will save the epic rarity cards for the tour of duty ones so would be good if both systems had their own ease of usefulness. Just makes it more annoying when dealing with alts when you have to micromanage every single little thing per character.

True. An auto-fill would perhaps be even better than all the options I listed.

I didn't include it though, because I imagine that it would be much more work to create auto-fill options for all assignments and all possible ship combinations - compared to things like adding a filter.

This discussion has been closed.