test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Become a Klingon Warrior of 2255

jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483173

I'm happy for all of those that wished for this to happen.

Now I seriously hope they will open the Temporal Recruitment to KDF players, too, unless of course they can find another excuse not to do so and thus, to not rerun it at all.
kv1Ohsx.png
Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
- quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
- quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    When I heard about what was going to happen, I figured that the likelyhood of a Disco Klingon was excellent and the likelyhood of a already existing klingon recruitment unlikely :).
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    It's Disco for Klingons, wonder if we unlock Disco Klingon options for our normal Klingon toons similarly to the TOS options, imagine making TOS Klingons during this event and turning it into AOY for Klingons.
  • dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Though I loathe the way Discovery handled the Klingons, I do admit to finding this intriguing.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Once again living up to the Cryptic name!

Would of expected that after the last year of them doing thee bare minimum they would offer a Discovery Klingon fraction and recruitment event....but nope. Once again only the bare minimum from Cryptic!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

Would of expected that after the last year of them doing thee bare minimum they would offer a Discovery Klingon fraction and recruitment event....but nope. Once again only the bare minimum from Cryptic!

They've said a Klingon recruitment event is happening, my guess is it will be for these Disco Klinks though.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Not my favorite cup of tea. I really despise these klingons and worst part of Discovery ever created IMO. I seriously think about skipping these recruits unless they come loaded with dilithium sacs on them

tenor.gif?itemid=5234770

Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.

They've said a Klingon recruitment event is happening, my guess is it will be for these Disco Klinks though.

This is exactly why most players don't give a damn about the KDF...because the Devs skimp...they've skimped from day 1 and still continue to do so. When this event doesn't bring in the numbers they expect they will use it as a excuse to only do Fed content for the next few years (again).
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User

This is exactly why most players don't give a damn about the KDF...because the Devs skimp...they've skimped from day 1 and still continue to do so. When this event doesn't bring in the numbers they expect they will use it as a excuse to only do Fed content for the next few years (again).

Oh hey... I think my stance on the dev mistreatment of the Klingons is well known in these parts by now, but let's not derail this thread?

I am genuinely happy for those that have wanted this for years now, because they get to have what they want and it's not like they're gonna steal anything from me to have it.
    So, much like the T6 Nova, I was rooting for them to have it and now that they've got it I hope they can enjoy it for a long while.
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Heard there was a recruitment event coming on a Priority One podcast, suppose it's linked to this ?

Even if not, looks like a couple of my Klingons are getting airlocked and recreated since I run a couple of Discovery-era Klingon ships. Space Barbie is the true endgame after all :)

Oh hey... I think my stance on the dev mistreatment of the Klingons is well known in these parts by now, but let's not derail this thread?

I am genuinely happy for those that have wanted this for years now, because they get to have what they want and it's not like they're gonna steal anything from me to have it.
    So, much like the T6 Nova, I was rooting for them to have it and now that they've got it I hope they can enjoy it for a long while.

"scratches head" since when has there been any talk from Cryptic about a T6 Nova other than their next announcement wont be a T6 Nova?

But back on topic...players being happy with the bare minimum is why the game is in such poor shape, they will keep exploiting this till the players start expecting more. There is nothing exclusive at all to the Klingon side while Feds have numerous exclusives...this was a chance for them (The Year of the Klingon) to show that they care and to put some effort into it.

Instead once again the Devs skimped out and did something that probably took them a weekend at most...and when it doesn't pay off they will use it as a excuse to neglect the Klingons again
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    I'm seriously pissed-off about this! We have to make a whole new character and start from scratch? Why can't we just get these costume parts added to the current klingons? I have a Klingon full of Disco ships because I was expecting to eventually be able to customize him like a Disco klingon. Now i'm being told that not only will he not be able to use those options but that if I want to play a Disco klingon I have to start all over. WTF?!
    edited January 2021
    wilv wrote: »
    I'm seriously pissed-off about this! We have to make a whole new character and start from scratch? Why can't we just get these costume parts added to the current klingons? I have a Klingon full of Disco ships because I was expecting to eventually be able to customize him like a Disco klingon. Now i'm being told that not only will he not be able to use those options but that if I want to play a Disco klingon I have to start all over. WTF?!

Hopefully it's the same as when they brought in the TOS Klingon parts where IIRC simply having one will unlock the parts for all of your characters, likely getting a free character slot as with the previous recruitment events so you won't have to toss anyone out the airlock. You just won't get any DSC specific effects for transporters etc.
    edited January 2021

"scratches head" since when has there been any talk from Cryptic about a T6 Nova other than their next announcement wont be a T6 Nova?

But back on topic...players being happy with the bare minimum is why the game is in such poor shape, they will keep exploiting this till the players start expecting more. There is nothing exclusive at all to the Klingon side while Feds have numerous exclusives...this was a chance for them (The Year of the Klingon) to show that they care and to put some effort into it.

Instead once again the Devs skimped out and did something that probably took them a weekend at most...and when it doesn't pay off they will use it as a excuse to neglect the Klingons again

I never even implied there has been one. But like I don't care for the T6 Nova and I'm still rooting for people that want it to get it, I don't care for DSC Klingorcs and still rooted for people to get them.

And going back on topic, this time for real because you just repeated what you have already said and are still trying to derail the thread: there ars rumors of a recruitment that will go live with either the Anniversary or at the end of YoK.
    Now, if you pair that up with tweets like this one
    (tt's new, but the sentiment has been going around for a while now, so this is just the latest example of it):
    https://twitter.com/CaptainGeko/status/1351626623162802177

It seems fair to assume that a KDF recruitment is coming. I'm not holding my breath, to be honest, but let's just say that there are some signs...
    kv1Ohsx.png

wilv wrote: »

That's the point...they put little effort into it and when players don't want to roll a new character for nothing but a little customization it will be deemed a failure. When it's declared a failure the Klingons will be treated like the Romulans and Jem'hadar...again.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The offical forum announcements for the anniversary are...... wait...

there are none. Lazy CM relying on forumites to post the news.

It's right there on the launcher.
  • lordconn#9249 lordconn Member Posts: 50 Arc User

Will you root for me to finally get a playable KDF faction Ferengi as well? I've been waiting since before Discovery was even conceived. And it literally won't take anything from anyone.

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    irm1963 wrote: »
    The offical forum announcements for the anniversary are...... wait...

there are none. Lazy CM relying on forumites to post the news.

It's right there on the launcher.

I'm not talking about the Launcher, I'm talking about the lack of any offical posts (i.e an offical announcement from the Community Manager) in 'Galatic News Network' HERE, on the forum.

As per usual Social Media was updated but the forum ignored.

I miss the 'Discuss this on the official forums!' button actually going to a discussion on the Galactic News Network thread.

Will you root for me to finally get a playable KDF faction Ferengi as well? I've been waiting since before Discovery was even conceived. And it literally won't take anything from anyone.

Well, why the hell not?
    I'm all for stuff like this. It might not make much sense as far as lore goes, but then again neither does the Republic leaving their captains to choose whether to ally with the Empire or the Federation, nor does it make sense for Jem'Hadar captains to do the same.

In short: you want something? As long as that something doesn't take anything away from anyone else, then go for it.
    kv1Ohsx.png

edited January 2021

"Rooting" for anything in STO is meaningless. The Devs couldn't care less about what we want or our feedback.

And true, but that doesn't mean I can't show my support, mate. It's not like it's hard...

EDITED because it just made a copy of my past post plus my answer to Reyan? This forum is crazy...
    kv1Ohsx.png

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I presume this will be a key part of the new recruitment event. I just hope we don't have to make one of the fugly Klingons and can do TOS or TMP Klingons too.
    edited January 2021
    Until I see news posts about it and the event starts in game, sorry but it WILL remain just a rumor to me, and possibly many others.
    kv1Ohsx.png

• stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    I have a question, I am maxed out in my toon roster, would we be getting a FREE character slot to make this DISCO Klink?
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Sometimes i think that people forget that this is just a game, not real life.. so really it does not matter.. something new yeah!, something not.. buuu... it really doesent matter, there is a lot of things i would like in this game... but so what?, it's not MY game.. i pay some money to get stuff that i like, and thats all.. not my entire life belongs to this game.. :lol:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • chelly#7549 chelly Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I look forward to it, even though I am not a fan of the discovery klingons. I always look forward to other ways to play STO.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    stark2k wrote: »
    I have a question, I am maxed out in my toon roster, would we be getting a FREE character slot to make this DISCO Klink?

Depends on whether/when the recruitment happens. A Recruitment event usually increases the roster limit for all active players.

If we take the previous comments that a Recruitment will happen as true, then the pending question is "When?" And I can see two options for it.

1) It might start next week and overlap with the ship event.
    2) It might start during the Spring Content Drop (Finale of Klingon Civil War).

It could be #1 because they have been announcing 1 or 2 things daily this week, and it could still be announced in the next few days. It's a popular time for people to return to the game, so it would make sense to try to boost Participation even higher. People could start their recruits and still have content yet to come.

Or it could be #2, a Recruitment around May, when the Year of Klingon and its accompanying Civil War story are expected to come to a close. Then they could tack on a Recruit to boost Participation and say, "Look, play your Recruit during our new Completely Revamped arcs!" Usually the story event isn't quite the player participation bump of Anniversary, Summer, or Winter, so there's a strong motivation to do it then.

I'm expecting #2 at this point, personally.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    All my best kit is character bound and a s acasual I'm not really interested in doing a new toon.

However for the hardcore KDF whales, this is awesome news. I know some have a character for every time period. I'm quite happy with the combination KDF/RoM ship and the disco Klingon.

A unique, KDF only ship would be nice but can't have everything.
    edited January 2021
    stark2k wrote: »

According to the news post, no.
    I guess it all depends on whether it comes with a Recruitment event or not.

EDIT: My bad, @eladonwarps#6040. I had the page open when I went for dinner and didn't think to check if someone else had already answered before making my own post.
    kv1Ohsx.png

This discussion has been closed.